Speculation: Head Coach Hunt 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
^ anyone else read Snicket to their kids? We’re almost done with 10 (of 13) and my soon to be 1st grader loves them (though I do have to “revise” a very few parts, especially in part one and part nine).
At what age will you start reading them your posts from here?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
^ anyone else read Snicket to their kids? We’re almost done with 10 (of 13) and my soon to be 1st grader loves them (though I do have to “revise” a very few parts, especially in part one and part nine).

Hell I wanna be facetimed into story time too.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
At what age will you start reading them your posts from here?
You stupid, stupid man. Obviously this user account will be bequeathed to the worthiest of my progeny. A trial of combat upon my death will decide who shall wear the crown of rt2.0. Now let’s move this bullshit to the lounge so that poor TL doesn’t have to clean it up.

In this thread, let’s get back to coaching. I’m sure your opinions on that are three years old and based on Toronto sports radio takes. Let’s hear em!!!

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
You stupid, stupid man. Obviously this user account will be bequeathed to the worthiest of my progeny. A trial of combat upon my death will decide who shall wear the crown of rt2.0. Now let’s move this bullshit to the lounge so that poor TL doesn’t have to clean it up.

In this thread, let’s get back to coaching. I’m sure your opinions on that are three years old and based on Toronto sports radio takes. Let’s hear em!!!
Don't know any of them other than name, don't follow Jr Hockey, College Hockey, or minor pro.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I was trying to bust chops and be collegial, just razzin the boys kinda thing.
I know. Your writing today has been highly entertaining tbh. It made me tired reading about your day when my lazy azz barely left the couch.

Reactions: rt

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Couple updates from Friedman on 31 thoughts pod:

- Always believed Lambert would be interviewed, but some sources less sure because of how long NYI played and how far AZ is now in search
- MVR is out
- Pascal Vincent, former Manitoba Moose HC and now AC in Columbus, had a couple interviews, out of process
- Todd Nelson still in it
- Leaman possibly in process but unsure
- Also threw out possibility of Luke Richardson because of connection to Chychrun

"The Coyotes are going to rebuild a bit around Chychrun"

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Between no mention of Groulx or Tourigny from Friedman, and with Nelson supposedly getting a third interview, have to think Nelson is the favourite.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Groulx has been flirted with so many times but never chosen that I think he'd be very open to being an assistant/associate.
What about Stillman? He was handed picked by BA. Maybe for Tucson?

Reactions: Mosby

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

- Always believed Lambert would be interviewed, but some sources less sure because of how long NYI played and how far AZ is now in search
- MVR is out
- Pascal Vincent, former Manitoba Moose HC and now AC in Columbus, had a couple interviews, out of process
- Also threw out possibility of Luke Richardson because of connection to Chychrun

Luke Richardson is kind of interesting.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Between no mention of Groulx or Tourigny from Friedman, and with Nelson supposedly getting a third interview, have to think Nelson is the favourite.
Friedman doesn't know everything. BA has kept everything pretty quite.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
My guess is we are so far along in the process with Nelson and like what we’ve heard that there is no point in bringing in Lambert now. Probably make the Nelson announcement this week. That then leaves next month to move on to other priorities.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it

- MVR is out

My guess is we are so far along in the process with Nelson and like what we’ve heard that there is no point in bringing in Lambert now. Probably make the Nelson announcement this week. That then leaves next month to move on to other priorities.

After listening to this, Friedman’s speculation doesn’t make a whole lot of sense based off of what he said about Lambert. We’re so far down the search that we may not bring in Lambert anymore, but we are potentially waiting for a coach that’s in the Stanley Cup final still? Doesn’t make a lot of sense

Reactions: Mosby

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Hes the least experienced of those names. Hasn’t that been your most important thing in this search?
Not as HC but as an associate coach, or coach for Tucson. BA has kept everything close to his chest so no one knows what he is thinking.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
After listening to this, Friedman’s speculation doesn’t make a whole lot of sense based off of what he said about Lambert. We’re so far down the search that we may not bring in Lambert anymore, but we are potentially waiting for a coach that’s in the Stanley Cup final still? Doesn’t make a lot of sense

I think the Richardson thing was just spitballing. Trying to connect things that really don’t need to be connected.

Reactions: RABBIT and Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If Lambert has interest, BA owes it to himself to interview him. What's another week going to hurt? Haste makes waste.

rt

May 13, 2004
Concerning Friedman’s reliability in this issue, I think Jake is right. I don’t think Friedman has great sources on the Coyotes any longer. I think BA wants to be one of those steel trap organizations where no intel escapes. Most of the insider Coyotes stuff on 31 Thoughts seems to be coming from agents and not the teams. The coaching stuff seems to have way more than the normal amount of speculation thrown in. Feels like he’s trying to fatten up some pretty thin updates.

Say what you want about Morgan, you have to admit it’s nice that he’s unafraid to say “I don’t know” when that’s the truth of the matter. Many of you seem not to like that he does that maybe too frequently. But at least when he does say something, you can usually take it to the bank. His refusal to throw stuff at the wall to see what sticks is nice. Sure I wish he was more connected. But what can you do?

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Concerning Friedman’s reliability in this issue, I think Jake is right. I don’t think Friedman has great sources on the Coyotes any longer. I think BA wants to be one of those steel trap organizations where no intel escapes. Most of the insider Coyotes stuff on 31 Thoughts seems to be coming from agents and not the teams. The coaching stuff seems to have way more than the normal amount of speculation thrown in. Feels like he’s trying to fatten up some pretty thin updates.

Say what you want about Morgan, you have to admit it’s nice that he’s unafraid to say “I don’t know” when that’s the truth of the matter. Many of you seem not to like that he does that maybe too frequently. But at least when he does say something, you can usually take it to the bank. His refusal to throw stuff at the wall to see what sticks is nice. Sure I wish he was more connected. But what can you do?
That’s one of the main reasons I like Friedman. He speculates. Problem is there’s a ton of people who don’t know the difference between speculation and reporting. I bet everyone would love if Bob McKenzie would throw his opinion in a little more often.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Got to remember we don’t have any assistant GM’s right bow and for the most part BA is flying solo. If there’s a leak, its him.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Vincent is interesting. Gives me hope they pull off a staff that has two of Nelson/Groulx/Tourigny.

It's important they don't let this drag out too much further or the best assistants will all be snapped up, just like with Tocchet.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

rt

May 13, 2004
Vincent is interesting. Gives me hope they pull off a staff that has two of Nelson/Groulx/Tourigny.

It's important they don't let this drag out too much further or the best assistants will all be snapped up, just like with Tocchet.
Reading this made me believe I now have it like 1. Tourigny 2. Groulx 3. Nelson - but still happy with any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad