Head Coach discussion

Who will be the first coach in franchise history?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

skagittarius

Jan 18, 2016
PNW
Which young players that Hakstol supposedly held back in Philadelphia have amounted to anything? Jordan Weal, Nick Cousins, Taylor Leier and Sam Morin have all proven to be garbage. Gostisbehere and Patrick were better under Hakstol than Vigneault.

Hakstol in Philly got middle of the pack results from a middle of the pack roster. Those teams were never built well enough to win.

Nobody in Philly expected great things from Jordan Weal, Nick Cousins, or Taylor Leier. Most didn't like the Morin pick and then he had a ton of injuries and Patrick had the migraine thing so you're reaching to make your point with that list. That noted, I agree about the roster he had to work with and what I saw from the Flyers this year was worse with better players than anything I saw under Hakstol, and I just re-watched that awful Andrew MacDonald montage. I also think that Ron Hextall had a big influence on the lineups and player usage. So I don't think it was entirely on Hakstol. But I hated their player utilization then and unfortunately that hasn't changed much with the new regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad