HC-IR Fantasy Keeper League - Discussion Thread [Part V]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - X___ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Gonna be a struggle if Toews is out for any length of time. And I really need Bobrovsky to actually play this week to have any chance at all.

Best of luck, HC.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
I think I'd be better off by just picking guys based on games missed regardless of how good they are as fantasy players

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I think I'd be better off by just picking guys based on games missed regardless of how good they are as fantasy players

We had a points only pool 4-5 years ago and we invited a long time member's brother. He wasn't a huge hockey fan, he got through the 8 rounds of the pool making some head scratching picks, only to state that the next time we do this we would sort it by points. He had been using GP for "Game Points", and picking from that. He won that year.

Also, good job HC. I didn't congratulate you because I was pissed off. This was my year! :laugh:

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
We had a points only pool 4-5 years ago and we invited a long time member's brother. He wasn't a huge hockey fan, he got through the 8 rounds of the pool making some head scratching picks, only to state that the next time we do this we would sort it by points. He had been using GP for "Game Points", and picking from that. He won that year.

Also, good job HC. I didn't congratulate you because I was pissed off. This was my year! :laugh:

Too bad I'm not that lucky:laugh:

LT

XXXX - XXXX - X___ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Interesting last day of the semifinals boys. Good luck to everyone besides LatvianTwist, of course.

It hurts me to have to cheer for Pittsburgh tonight. With the way Bobrovsky is playing though, this really will come down to the wire, but I'm just too far behind without Toews.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Dat Penguins lineup. Sorry Nuckles

Bennett-Sutter-Neal
Gibbons-Jokinen-Stempniak
Glass-Ebbett-Megna
Pyatt-Adams-Payerl

Martin-Niskanen
Scuderi-Bortuzzo
Despres-Engelland

Fleury

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Just looking over my team. I did a decent job drafting forwards this year, with Marleau and Wheeler getting likely keeper spots over Moulson and Williams from last year. Nielsen had a strong start of the year too, but likely won't get a keeper spot. Perry, Koivu, Doughty, Seabrook, and Quick likely rounding out my keepers going into next year. I did really poor with dmen, aside from Andrew MacDonald, who had a decent year, and I guess Seidenberg who ended up getting injured. Kulikov, Del Zotto, and Despres were big disappointments.

Freaking Yakupov better bust out of the sophomore slump next year. May need to listen to offers on him, but won't likely trade him due to the fact he can be stuffed in the minors if he stinks it up again. Unless I can get a good prospect in return.

Hopefully Laughton and the Murphy's can make the jump and stick in the NHL next year. And Andreas Athansioussoisoussoiu is looking like he may have been a diamond in the rough. Hopefully Detroit brings him up at some point. Dude is fast.

I'll likely need to draft on the cheap with all my potential keepers making over 5 mil though :help:

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Oh, and if anyone has any interest in any of my current roster players, that likely won't be a keeper for me (or even a player you may have an eye on), give me a ring to discuss trades.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
:blues

I'd like to congratulate Colorado on their top 4 performance, and for almost sending me golfing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad