HC-IR Fantasy Keeper League Discussion Thread [Draft Underway]

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Carter at 47 is a joke. St. Louis GM must be high to take Briere over Carter(who has outscored Briere the past 3 seasons, and is 26 compared to Briere who will be 34 when the season starts). And Carter has a lower cap hit.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Carter at 47 is a joke. St. Louis GM must be high to take Briere over Carter(who has outscored Briere the past 3 seasons, and is 26 compared to Briere who will be 34 when the season starts). And Carter has a lower cap hit.

No respect. I remember when Richards and Carter would go top 15 in these things.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

Carter might be traded to a much worse team than Philly, while Briere is staying on a top team with very good forwards.
Also, with the point system we are using on fantrax, Briere had a higher point per game rating this past season.

You could also call a lot more people "high" for letting Zetterberg fall to 31st overall.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Carter might be traded to a much worse team than Philly, while Briere is staying on a top team with very good forwards.

Also, with the point system we are using on fantrax, Briere had a higher point per game rating this past season.

Might. And recent reports indicate that he won't be. Last year, that was true. Last year Briere was also with better linemates than he will be this year, and Carter was the odd man out rotating up and down the lineup. Here are their numbers the past 3 years.

10-11

Briere-244.5
Carter-237

09-10

Briere-189.5
Carter-205

08-09

Briere-88.5(3.05/game)
Carter-302.5(3.69/game)

Fantrax PPG total past 3 years:

Briere-2.89
Carter-3.15

Carter is an appreciating asset while Briere is a depreciating asset.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Might. And recent reports indicate that he won't be. Last year, that was true. Last year Briere was also with better linemates than he will be this year, and Carter was the odd man out rotating up and down the lineup.
Carter is an appreciating asset while Briere is a depreciating asset.

All the matters to me is who I believe who will have a better season.
Yes, Briere is much older, but what I'm mostly thinking about is how well players will perform in the upcoming season or two, not in the next 3-5 seasons.

You must be high to think that only your opinion matters.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Hey MD,

Go **** yourself.

Umayyad?

spain.jpg

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
All the matters to me is who I believe who will have a better season.
Yes, Briere is much older, but what I'm mostly thinking about is how well players will perform in the upcoming season or two, not in the next 3-5 seasons.

You must be high to think that only your opinion matters.

Think what you want to think. The tangible, concrete evidence certainly suggests Carter will be better. We'll re-visit this next year and see who is right.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Think what you want to think. The tangible, concrete evidence certainly suggests Carter will be better. We'll re-visit this next year and see who is right.

Being arrogant doesn't make you any more right.
You can feel free to join the wait list and if you get to take over a team during the draft, you can draft who you believe is the best player available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad