News: HC Dynamo Moscow Releasing Players on One-Way deals

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Is the team folding, or what's going on?
To me, it sounds more like they're going on hiatus and taking a year or so off and come back sometime in the future.

They are a hockey tradition, so this is very sad news, but Moscow has like 5 to 7 teams in its city limits so there always seemed like overpopulation of hockey.

DBC

Apr 20, 2015
He is. But this isn't the same Ilya Nikulin as few years ago.
He looked solid this past playoffs. The best Dman by far on Moscow that payed in all situations. Get on the phone Stan.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
It is. For the time being at least. They are historical club so they will be revived at some point probably like it happened with Spartak.

That's a real shame. I managed to take in a game a few years back when I happened to be in Moscow, had a great time. Great fans, bad arena for hockey though(square layout, most likely converted from another use). They won back to back Gagarin Cups in 2012 and 2013 and I assumed they were healthy financially. I guess not.

Side note, I got glass seats for about $25 US, even before the ruble crash. I'm pretty sure I was sitting next to all the player's girlfriends, because it was a group of 10-12 very good looking women who didn't look up from their phones all game. The rest of the fans had some great interactive cheers, even though the only words I could understand were "F" and "U". Good times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad