News: HC Dynamo Moscow Releasing Players on One-Way deals

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Yeah, he is old, but I don't mean as a starter. He's 99.9% staying in the KHL anyway.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I believe Kostin was released anyways.

Nothing has been officially confirmed yet. I'm sure he would love to get out of that contract as any other Dynamo player would at the moment but again, nothing has been officially announced.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
The Finger

Jeff Finger was a 27-year-old defenceman with 94 NHL games under his belt when Cliff Fletcher and the Leafs signed him to a four-year, $14-million contract on the first day of free agency in the summer of 2008.

It was a questionable move, no doubt, but Fletcher & Co. were championing Finger’s seemingly untapped shutdown ability.

With a little research, Dan Tolensky revealed it was more likely Kurt Sauer whom the Leafs intended to sign.
Finger finished his relatively lucrative deal in the AHL with the Toronto Marlies.

Oops.

^oops indeed ! sounds like when MacT and his cast of clowns were "running" (ruining?) the Oilers and tried to sign forward Vladimir Tkachev, who wasn't eligible to even be signed as a free agent. :shakehead

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
It's a bummer that Ilya Nikulin didn't give the NHL a shot. It seemed to be an annual thing whether he was going to sign with Atlanta. He was in a weird spot when he was under 27 since he had to sign an ELC and could make better money in the KHL. Now he's probably a little too old for NHL teams and/or probably not looking to leave Russia at this stage of his career.

I really wish I would have seen him in NHL in his prime.

He was a 2-way beast at one point.

The positive being that he helped Russia win 3 WC golds, which might not have happened had he played for a contender.

whlscowt

Karsums and Kaspar are both decent

I don't think either could stick in the nhl - Karsums got a bit of an edge and could maybe get a bottom 6 role, but I wouldn't gamble on him or anyone on a 1 way deal on this team.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Is the team folding, or what's going on?

It is. For the time being at least. They are historical club so they will be revived at some point probably like it happened with Spartak.

Not a lot of name recognition for me, only a couple actually. I'm sure some would be able to help NHL teams just not sure which ones.

The team has been declining for some time, 4-5 years. So the roster got gradually worse and the star players who would be recognizable are from old to super old.

Karsums and Kaspar are both decent

Kaspar is top-6 player so NHL isn't going to happen, he will find a nice job in Europe tho, maybe back to Slovan. Karsums is the only one who really fits NA play style but like I said, he is old and probably doesn't want to risk a year in the AHL.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
They just announced ALL the players are becoming UFA, including their prospects, including Kostin. So his move to NA seems very likely at this point.

feffan

Sep 9, 2010
Malmö
It's a bummer that Ilya Nikulin didn't give the NHL a shot. It seemed to be an annual thing whether he was going to sign with Atlanta. He was in a weird spot when he was under 27 since he had to sign an ELC and could make better money in the KHL. Now he's probably a little too old for NHL teams and/or probably not looking to leave Russia at this stage of his career.

Agreed. Could probably have been a 10-20 defender in the NHL during his peak.

If he had came over during his prime he probably would be a 2-3 defender on most teams still at this age. But coming over at his age, especially as a defender, is too hard. I think he would have to settle with a 4-5 D job now. Don´t think he wants that.

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Leafs gave a 4 year, 14 million dollar deal to defenseman Jeff Finger to everybody's surprise. They gave some of the usual PR fluff to the press. Their description of Finger as a shutdown D who played against the other team's top line seemed to more closely match his teammate Kurt Sauer. So this led to an urban legend that Leafs management had mixed up the two, rather than them just overestimating Finger.

That's the good ol Leafs we all used to love. Its been a great 15 years but all good things must come to an end.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Somewhat off topic but does anyone else love Dynamo's jerseys? They've been one of my personal favorites for years

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
20-year old Kirill Pilipenko is an interesting guy. I'm a bit surprised he went undrafted, but I guess his size is a red flag (5'-9" 185).

Still he has legit offensive upside.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
20-year old Kirill Pilipenko is an interesting guy. I'm a bit surprised he went undrafted, but I guess his size is a red flag (5'-9" 185).

Still he has legit offensive upside.

When perusing their stats pages he's the one that popped out to me the most. Can anyone who has watched him give me a little insight? Great stats in the lower leagues, short but pretty heavy for his height. Is he gritty? Good along the boards? Is he more Theo Fleury or Johnny Gaudreau?
Better or worse that Tkachev?

DBC

Apr 20, 2015
Damn. Wish Ilya Nikulin was available. Would look good in a Hawks jersey.

TheStatican

Mar 14, 2012
Artem Panarin

Sergei Federov

Panarin+Federov = Artem Fedorov

Mother of god...someone man the phones!

Have you seen Artem Fedorov play? Lets just say that I'm pretty sure that Sergei Panarin, where ever he may be, is the one your looking for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->