Hayton 2nd Half of Season Performer?

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I'm in this boat. Another top 10 pick is still needed for the rebuild imo. But if we overperform I wont complain. Win-win.

I still have a sneaking suspicion we may be worse next year if we decided to integrate more rookies and not replace the Dumba/Zucker spots (if they don't re-sign).
Guenther, Doan, Soderstrom, Koly all could make the team. Or maybe we package someone like Soderstrom + some 2nds to move up the draft or trade another young talent.
Voracek and Little are coming off the books -> $13.45M
Hayton, Durzi, Moser, Valimaki are RFAs
6 UFAs
The RFAs aren't going to eat up all the dead money. The UFAs don't deserve raises if kept.
Geekie may make the team next season too. Need to pay attention to Maveric as well. He has a chance, but I'm not expecting it.
I can see us pursuing some UFAs, but can't see GMBA offering top dollar for top players. It will be a very interesting off-season next year.
That's part of the reason that I think GMBA may make a trade this season for an impending UFA or 2... if he thinks they'll re-sign and are a fit. That's why I keep mentioning Zadorov. Nylander would be a great fit, but probably out of our price range and I'm still hoping for Guenther. Another unlikely wish of my are the 'Canes 2nd pairing.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Voracek and Little are coming off the books -> $13.45M
Hayton, Durzi, Moser, Valimaki are RFAs
6 UFAs
The RFAs aren't going to eat up all the dead money. The UFAs don't deserve raises if kept.
Geekie may make the team next season too. Need to pay attention to Maveric as well. He has a chance, but I'm not expecting it.
I can see us pursuing some UFAs, but can't see GMBA offering top dollar for top players. It will be a very interesting off-season next year.
That's part of the reason that I think GMBA may make a trade this season for an impending UFA or 2... if he thinks they'll re-sign and are a fit. That's why I keep mentioning Zadorov. Nylander would be a great fit, but probably out of our price range and I'm still hoping for Guenther. Another unlikely wish of my are the 'Canes 2nd pairing.
Very interesting indeed. On D we have 4 UFA, all won't be back except maybe Dermott and all RFA should be back. So we will have three or four going forward. Can anyone from Tucson make the jump on D? There are quite a few pretty good UFA's coming up at the end of the season, but how many will be available remains to be seen.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Very interesting indeed. On D we have 4 UFA, all won't be back except maybe Dermott and all RFA should be back. So we will have three or four going forward. Can anyone from Tucson make the jump on D? There are quite a few pretty good UFA's coming up at the end of the season, but how many will be available remains to be seen.
Koyachonok and Szuber likely. I think there is a growing sense that MavLam will need limited seasoning and could be on the NHL roster as early as next year. Soderstrom is moving the puck better. I still don't think he fits the mold of what we are looking for on D. Kesselring? We have a bunch of pieces that could fit on the bottom pairing. Can you break in 3 new D all at once? Doubtful.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Koyachonok and Szuber likely. I think there is a growing sense that MavLam will need limited seasoning and could be on the NHL roster as early as next year. Soderstrom is moving the puck better. I still don't think he fits the mold of what we are looking for on D. Kesselring? We have a bunch of pieces that could fit on the bottom pairing. Can you break in 3 new D all at once? Doubtful.
I guess we'll see what BA is thinking around and after TTD.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Hayton on the score sheet, where is the love? Second half starting early, pretty sure he stays on the #1 line:)

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Hayton on the score sheet, where is the love? Second half starting early, pretty sure he stays on the #1 line:)
I don't think anyone including Hayton knew he touched it.:laugh: Unfortunately, Hayton was a non factor all night, in fact five vs five that first line was a non factor. They better figure it out because when the PP dries up or goes in a slump we will be in big trouble.

Five on five they shouldn't even be called the first line.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I don't think anyone including Hayton knew he touched it.:laugh: Unfortunately, Hayton was a non factor all night, in fact five vs five that first line was a non factor. They better figure it out because when the PP dries up or goes in a slump we will be in big trouble.

Usually the guy who scores goes through the bench fist bump first. Hayton did that so I'm fairly confident he knew who scored.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Usually the guy who scores goes through the bench fist bump first. Hayton did that so I'm fairly confident he knew who scored.
I'm happy he was awarded that goal. That line has to pick it up on 5vs5. We need all lines to play well for us to be successful.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I'm happy he was awarded that goal. That line has to pick it up on 5vs5. We need all lines to play well for us to be successful.
3 GA was the key, 2 would be better, it wasn't 5 thats why we won. Scoring isn't a problem we have to solve right now, D is, Hayton was great on D (IF YOU WATCHED HIM).

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Like I said before Jakey...... stubborn looks stupid on you.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
3 GA was the key, 2 would be better, it wasn't 5 thats why we won. Scoring isn't a problem we have to solve right now, D is, Hayton was great on D (IF YOU WATCHED HIM).
We know our D is the problem einstein, and it will probably be a problem for the rest of the year, but if you watched the last five games you know our first line 5 on 5 is not very good, and if not for the PP we lose that game last night. Our other C's D was just as good as Hayton's last night, if you watched the game.

• Haha
Reactions: Coyotedroppings

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We know our D is the problem einstein, and it will probably be a problem for the rest of the year, but if you watched the last five games you know our first line 5 on 5 is not very good, and if not for the PP we lose that game last night. Our other C's D was just as good as Hayton's last night, if you watched the game.

Our C'c D outside of Hayton might look as good or ok but they aren't getting the tougher assignments the first lines gets on D. Overall, our goal scoring has been solid, granted its been very good on the PP and not as good 5 on 5. Any adjustments needed should be and I think will be to improve our overall D play. Hayton has been in a position to score and last game he nicked a puck on the way by. By game 20 if he still has one point and line 1 still isn't scoring 5 on 5, you make the adjustment then. I think Haytons points will start to pick up anyway before then. If he gets another 5 points in the next 10 games, this argument goes away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad