Hayton 2nd Half of Season Performer?

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
If assists were given for screens, he’d be a +3 with five apples per Bear’s (top of his head) math.
I guess this all makes for fun discussion, but it’s all a bit frustrating, seeing how many folks view the game.

and yet the line he is playing on is playing extremely well. watch the games,
HUGE contributor to this teams offensive zone time of possession, not to mention point totals!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Reactions: Summer Rose

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Article is very accurate. But Hayton has blown at least half a dozen gimme chances, set up for him on a tee. That’s the bad luck part. He’s shown decent finishing ability in the recent past.
He had that tip in goal called back too…I’m not that worried about him.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If assists were given for screens, he’d be a +3 with five apples per Bear’s (top of his head) math.
I guess this all makes for fun discussion, but it’s all a bit frustrating, seeing how many folks view the game.

HUGE contributor to this teams offensive zone time of possession, not to mention point totals!
Now we are giving points for screens? How many "apples" would Bjugstad, McBain and Crouse have if we included screens? Playing with two of the teams best forwards and have zero points after ten games is embarrassing and on top of that Hayton gets more TOI than any other C. HUGE contributor to offensive zone times of possession? Yes, he is on the ice, but he hardly ever touches the damn puck. Keller and Schmaltz circle and circle and circle, then maybe pass to one of the Dman. They hardly ever pass to Hayton. Oh wait, they are waiting for Hayton to get into position for a screen. I guess I'm hard on Hayton because I hope there is more there just waiting to come out, but I have an awful feeling he will be a career 0.50 PPG player at best.

a good peanut butter and jelly sandwich also needs bread to hold it together.
Durzi?:nod:

Jakey just prefers to eat it out of a jar with his fingers. ;)
The peanut butter, not the jelly.:)

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I was going to post "Hayton Sucks" here but I think I would lose my credibility as a homer! Anyways I don't believe in jinxes, even reverse ones!

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Now we are giving points for screens? How many "apples" would Bjugstad, McBain and Crouse have if we included screens? Playing with two of the teams best forwards and have zero points after ten games is embarrassing and on top of that Hayton gets more TOI than any other C. HUGE contributor to offensive zone times of possession? Yes, he is on the ice, but he hardly ever touches the damn puck. Keller and Schmaltz circle and circle and circle, then maybe pass to one of the Dman. They hardly ever pass to Hayton. Oh wait, they are waiting for Hayton to get into position for a screen. I guess I'm hard on Hayton because I hope there is more there just waiting to come out, but I have an awful feeling he will be a career 0.50 PPG player at best.

Durzi?:nod:

The peanut butter, not the jelly.:)
Yes, Jakey. Do you think the opposition's defense just lets him stand in front of the net, or does he pull them away from other duties? I believe Hayton also has the third most shot attempts on the team, does that sound like someone who does no more than go to the front of the net? Just because an author of an article writes it, doesn't make it 100% accurate. Honestly, stubborn doesn't look good on you, it just looks stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: PuckLife

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yes, Jakey. Do you think the opposition's defense just lets him stand in front of the net, or does he pull them away from other duties? I believe Hayton also has the third most shot attempts on the team, does that sound like someone who does no more than go to the front of the net? Just because an author of an article writes it, doesn't make it 100% accurate. Honestly, stubborn doesn't look good on you, it just looks stupid.
Third most shoot attempts. He should have, our first line C, playing with our two best players, playing the most TOI, playing on the first PP. No shit Einstein. By the way, what is his shot %?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm saying his play helps ensure the 2 main players are able to be as successful as they have been. Keller and Schmaltz are PPG guys. i don't think we should complain about that.
Are you saying Keller and Schmaltz are successful because of Hayton? Right now I would say it's in despite of Hayton. Hayton is playing good hockey, probably to the best of his abilities, and he gets thrown in a position where he shouldn't be, but we really don't have anything better. Without a true 1C, this team will be hard pressed to take that next step.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ

True. Too bad a couple of those shots didn’t nick is leg on the way to the net.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Third most shoot attempts. He should have, our first line C, playing with our two best players, playing the most TOI, playing on the first PP. No shit Einstein. By the way, what is his shot %?
Wouldn’t have that if all he does is stand in front of the net, as you claimed. Why is it that you constantly miss the point?

Why is it that I want to see Jakey on the ice taking the abuse Hayton does?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Wouldn’t have that if all he does is stand in front of the net, as you claimed. Why is it that you constantly miss the point?

Why is it that I want to see Jakey on the ice taking the abuse Hayton does?
He wouldn't be taking half the abuse if he would turn around and smack someone. Do you really think other players would take the same liberties on McBain?

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
He wouldn't be taking half the abuse if he would turn around and smack someone. Do you really think other players would take the same liberties on McBain?
Nope, but yet again your incredible lack of coaching knowledge doesn’t allow you to see the balance that not having McBain there brings to the team. Hayton is an extreme distraction on that line, opponents go out of their way to try and beat him down. He’s not chirpy and he’s not dirty, yet opponents constantly want a piece of him.
Damn Jakey, I’m just running out of bricks for your forehead.

Reactions: Mosby

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Are you saying Keller and Schmaltz are successful because of Hayton? Right now I would say it's in despite of Hayton. Hayton is playing good hockey, probably to the best of his abilities, and he gets thrown in a position where he shouldn't be, but we really don't have anything better. Without a true 1C, this team will be hard pressed to take that next step.
I think you don’t watch the games. You are watching stat lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad