Value of: Haydn FLeury to Habs

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Fleury+ for Drouin or Gallagher or Galchenyuk. I'm aware that the first two, maybe even the latter, are not happening; this is just from a Carolina perspective.

I don't see the Canes being particularly interested in Pacioretty given the commitment required to retain him past next season.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Fleury+ for Drouin or Gallagher or Galchenyuk. I'm aware that the first two, maybe even the latter, are not happening; this is just from a Carolina perspective.

I don't see the Canes being particularly interested in Pacioretty given the commitment required to retain him past next season.
Counter offer Juulsen for Linholm or Necas.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Why would we be interested in Lehkonen in the first place again? We have about a handful of forwards with his potential in the AHL already.

Fleury would most likely only be moved if it's in a package for a top 6 forward.
Team needs don't inflate your value. We don't need Fleury as well. We need lehks a lot more. Also I didn't suggest we trade Lehks. We absolutely need him considering most our forwards are offensively minded.

Why exactly not?
Lehks scored close to 20 in rookie season. He did regress but still scored what 13 goals? Hes a sold NHLer who will only get better. What has Fleury done? Yeah nothing. To suggest Lehks doesn't have more value is laughable.
Is the only reason Fleury worth more in your opinion is that hes young or that he was a top 10 pick?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jfhabs

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Team needs don't inflate your value. We don't need Fleury as well. We need lehks a lot more. Also I didn't suggest we trade Lehks. We absolutely need him considering most our forwards are offensively minded.

That's not true. Team needs absolutely affect value. HF posters like to think value exists in a vacuum, well it doesn't. Who's going to pay more for a winter coat, someone in Montreal? Or someone in Florida.

If you don't want Fleury, then fine, but from what I can tell, this thread is the Habs asking for him, not the other way around.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
That's not true. Team needs absolutely affect value. HF posters like to think value exists in a vacuum, well it doesn't. Who's going to pay more for a winter coat, someone in Montreal? Or someone in Florida.

If you don't want Fleury, then fine, but from what I can tell, this thread is the Habs asking for him, not the other way around.
YOUR VALUE. the fact that you don't need lehks doesn't make Fleury any more valuable to us and certainly doesn't mean hes worth more than lehks

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
No offense but almost the entire forward crop of the Habs looks underwhelming, Not sure if there is anything there to make this trade worth while.

Reactions: my name is Bob

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
YOUR VALUE. the fact that you don't need lehks doesn't make Fleury any more valuable to us and certainly doesn't mean hes worth more than lehks

It sure makes Fleury more valuable. Whether or not you are willing to pay it is another thing. For example: I have a player that your team wants (thus the OP was a habs fan asking). You offer me a middle forward that I don't really need so I say "not enough". If you want to still make the deal, you are going to have to offer more, or something that better fits my needs, in order to make a deal work. If you don't want to offer more, or something different, or think you can do better elsewhere, then fine, no deal.

It's as simple as that. Value never exists in a vacuum. Supply, demand and team needs are always a component to it. How you personally may view Lehks vs. Fleury and how Team X might view them is irrelevant in this discussion. If you are offering me something I don't need, then you are going to have to offer more (thus more value) or something I do need or the deal won't go through.

EDIT: This isn't to say Fleury is more valuable then Lehks, just a comment on your statement that team needs don't affect the value.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

He may not make him more valuable to you, but it makes him more valuable to the Canes. And since this thread is about the Canadiens calling the Canes on fleury, guess which price you pay? Your valuation, or the Canes?

Call Apple and tell them you want a new iPhone but its only worth $50 to you. Let me know what the results are.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Lehks scored close to 20 in rookie season. He did regress but still scored what 13 goals? Hes a sold NHLer who will only get better. What has Fleury done? Yeah nothing. To suggest Lehks doesn't have more value is laughable.
Is the only reason Fleury worth more in your opinion is that hes young or that he was a top 10 pick?

30 goals in 139 games
And even worse if you want to talk about assists.

I'd wager Hayden Fleury has almost double the value of Lehkonen.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
He may not make him more valuable to you, but it makes him more valuable to the Canes. And since this thread is about the Canadiens calling the Canes on fleury, guess which price you pay? Your valuation, or the Canes?

Call Apple and tell them you want a new iPhone but its only worth $50 to you. Let me know what the results are.
Dude only ONE habs fan want this struggling prospect. WE don't want him. We have much better options in our top 6D.

30 goals in 139 games
And even worse if you want to talk about assists.

I'd wager Hayden Fleury has almost double the value of Lehkonen.
LMAO:help::ha::help::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

It sure makes Fleury more valuable. Whether or not you are willing to pay it is another thing. For example: I have a player that your team wants (thus the OP was a habs fan asking). You offer me a middle forward that I don't really need so I say "not enough". If you want to still make the deal, you are going to have to offer more, or something that better fits my needs, in order to make a deal work. If you don't want to offer more, or something different, or think you can do better elsewhere, then fine, no deal.

It's as simple as that. Value never exists in a vacuum. Supply, demand and team needs are always a component to it. How you personally may view Lehks vs. Fleury and how Team X might view them is irrelevant in this discussion. If you are offering me something I don't need, then you are going to have to offer more (thus more value) or something I do need or the deal won't go through.

EDIT: This isn't to say Fleury is more valuable then Lehks, just a comment on your statement that team needs don't affect the value.
You don't get it. We habs DONT want him so your team needs dont make Fleury more valuable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
You don't get it. We habs DONT want him so your team needs dont make Fleury more valuable.

I get it perfectly, but you don't seem to. You Habs DID ask for him in this proposal. ;)

So the WHOLE premise of this thread is the Habs asking for him. If you PERSONALLY don't want him, fine, then move along as you aren't adding anything.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I get it perfectly, but you don't seem to. You Habs DID ask for him in this proposal. ;)

So the WHOLE premise of this thread is the Habs asking for him. If you PERSONALLY don't want him, fine, then move along as you aren't adding anything.
Look at the responses. How many habs fan replied? 0 other than me. We don't want him and he certainly isnt worth more than lehks. Now we can both agree we're done here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad