Prospect Info: Hayden Verbeek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
congrats to him on finally getting his 1st AHL goal. He had a nice shot earlier where he really ripped one which I didn't know he could do as he's not shown much in the way of offense at all. His game is all about speed and effort, hard worker for sure.

Was he a good signing ? Why him ? What's so special about this kid ?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
he wasn't bad, he struggled to produce offense but on the 4th line he didn't play a ton and really he should have spent all year in the ECHL. Needs to fill out, get stronger, as he's easily knocked off the puck but he's a high energy guy that bounces right back up and never seems to stop working. I could see him being a good PKer at least in the AHL, we'll see how much over the next 2-3-4 years he can progress or not.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“I knew if I was going to go... It was going to be in a bit of a later round... You watch guys get picked. And sometimes it's based on your future potential. And sometimes you get passed up on that. Looking at my size and weight back then, I may have been overlooked because of it...”

“I picked myself up from that and I got back in the gym that day and went right to work. I was determined... I was really excited to keep working... I really want to make hockey a living for myself and I don't want to do anything else.”

“In my last year in the OHL, I wanted to give it all I've got. I worked out six times a week... I came in really strong and I came in a little bigger and faster. I worked on my shot a lot too... I did private skating and shooting lessons with skills coach Chris Longo. And I did a lot of skills stuff with my dad, Brian. He played in the OHL and played pro in the IHL and Europe. We've had a great year and we were a really tight group of guys. Everyone gets along with everyone and everyone in the room wanted to win. We wanted to win a championship in the OHL and then going to the Memorial Cup and trying to win there as well.”

“It was definitely a surreal feeling... It's was dream come true... I was really looking forward to next year (2018/2019). It was a big challenge... I was just going to have another big offseason and trying to be ready for what's to come.”

“I was really good friends with Kirk Muller's nephew Matt and I actually had the chance to go to a game when I was younger. It was a really exciting atmosphere.... I was sitting right beside Henri Richard and Jean Beliveau. And I got to meet them in one of the lounges. I also got to see the dressing room. It was a really cool experience... It's definitely something I remember from my childhood.”

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
“I knew if I was going to go... It was going to be in a bit of a later round... You watch guys get picked. And sometimes it's based on your future potential. And sometimes you get passed up on that. Looking at my size and weight back then, I may have been overlooked because of it...”

“I picked myself up from that and I got back in the gym that day and went right to work. I was determined... I was really excited to keep working... I really want to make hockey a living for myself and I don't want to do anything else.”

“In my last year in the OHL, I wanted to give it all I've got. I worked out six times a week... I came in really strong and I came in a little bigger and faster. I worked on my shot a lot too... I did private skating and shooting lessons with skills coach Chris Longo. And I did a lot of skills stuff with my dad, Brian. He played in the OHL and played pro in the IHL and Europe. We've had a great year and we were a really tight group of guys. Everyone gets along with everyone and everyone in the room wanted to win. We wanted to win a championship in the OHL and then going to the Memorial Cup and trying to win there as well.”

“It was definitely a surreal feeling... It's was dream come true... I was really looking forward to next year (2018/2019). It was a big challenge... I was just going to have another big offseason and trying to be ready for what's to come.”

“I was really good friends with Kirk Muller's nephew Matt and I actually had the chance to go to a game when I was younger. It was a really exciting atmosphere.... I was sitting right beside Henri Richard and Jean Beliveau. And I got to meet them in one of the lounges. I also got to see the dressing room. It was a really cool experience... It's definitely something I remember from my childhood.”
Waste of a signing

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Waste of a signing
Verbeek is off to do something useful. Like during every last action of his attempts. Like attempts on the net... It erases all the useful job done on his off the net's attempts.

Jul 6, 2016
Considering we signed Alain, I'd be surprised if Barré-Boulet was not offered a contract. He chose TB over several teams I'm pretty sure.

Barré-Boulet wanted a two-way deal. Habs were offering an AHL contract only.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Waked - Verbeek - Pezzetta were a good 4th line in Laval down the stretch. They were giving opponents fits with their speed and forecheck (and Pezzetta's physical element). They slowly started to adjust to the pro game.

Verbeek has some serious wheels.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Verbeek is all speed. I didn't actually have a problem with that signing. Problem was the others we missed that had higher ceilings. But I guess somebody somewhere thought we were getting our hands on the next Darren Helm.....

JuicyJofa

Done with basing my usernames on players
Jan 27, 2010
Around the World
Won't lie, kinda odd that this guy has already sorted out his situation to play from the get go this season & then we got some of our top prospects still wondering where they will play...

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Won't lie, kinda odd that this guy has already sorted out his situation to play from the get go this season & then we got some of our top prospects still wondering where they will play...
Sometimes it falls on the agent and not the team to make this happen...

Reactions: Deebs

JuicyJofa

Done with basing my usernames on players
Jan 27, 2010
Around the World
Sometimes it falls on the agent and not the team to make this happen...

Totally agree with you on that. However, that's where, as an organization, that you can reach the next level. We have the resources & reputation around the world, let's use that to our advantage and be proactive for once, only helping our players and organization in the long run. Just my 2 cents

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

it could be due to the NHL saying that they were considering not letting any players that go to the Euro leagues return to the NHL next season. I got to think that even though no official announcement has been made but with some 90 players being loaned teams must know the NHL isn't going to make it a rule. But perhaps the Habs are just being cautious since the only 3 players they loaded they could certainly get by without them for Laval.

Or it's just that i'd say somewhere around 90% of all the players that have been loaned or more are Euro players to begin with so out of our Euro players at least from Laval you just have Ylonen, Khisamutdinov and Demchenko so maybe since Demchenko will be a UFA after next season they don't want to loan him and with Khisamutdinov he struggled to get ice time in the KHL last year so you don't want to loan him there.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Banska Bystrica was scheduled to play a pre-season game today. But it was cancelled. So no way of knowing if Verbeek was going to play or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad