Recalled/Assigned: Hayden Fleury Back Down to Charlotte

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Strange. we just called him up yesterday. Making space for a trade or something IDK?

Maybe one of the D has (or had) a nagging injury that may have held them out tonight or tomorrow?

My guess is, since the Checkers also play tonight and it's only a 2.5hr drive to CLT, they want him playing and in game shape to be ready to step in the lineup when the inevitable RD trade happens. It'd also make more sense for them to actually call up a C form CLT vs putting Martinook at C but what do I know.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Maybe one of the D has (or had) a nagging injury that may have held them out tonight or tomorrow?

My guess is, since the Checkers also play tonight and it's only a 2.5hr drive to CLT, they want him playing and in game shape to be ready to step in the lineup when the inevitable RD trade happens. It'd also make more sense for them to actually call up a C form CLT vs putting Martinook at C but what do I know.
Always possible it could be something more exciting, but this seems like the obvious answer.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Defense wins championships

Defense, not defensemen. On the whole, our team defense kinda sucks.

He's either earning a ton of Amtrak Guest Reward Points on the Piedmont, putting a ton of miles on his car, or getting very used to 50 minute flights between Charlotte and Raleigh.

I'm curious as to how this happens, actually. It's got to kinda suck if these kids are driving themselves between Raleigh and Charlotte, but I guess a bunch of AHL affiliates are drive-able. Still, if the Lightning calls somebody up from Syracuse, I'm sure they get a nice, cushy ride to the airport, a nice flight, and somebody picks them up at the airport. Not really fair for our guys. I hope they at least get mileage reimbursed.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Defense, not defensemen. On the whole, our team defense kinda sucks.

I'm curious as to how this happens, actually. It's got to kinda suck if these kids are driving themselves between Raleigh and Charlotte, but I guess a bunch of AHL affiliates are drive-able. Still, if the Lightning calls somebody up from Syracuse, I'm sure they get a nice, cushy ride to the airport, a nice flight, and somebody picks them up at the airport. Not really fair for our guys. I hope they at least get mileage reimbursed.
Article 14 of the CBA has the particulars of "REIMBURSEMENT AND BENEFITS FOR TRANSFERRED PLAYER".

Pretty specific stuff, with some special specificity towards players on a two-way contract.

The driving is a little thing, considering that they have to make the living accommodations. The team probably informs the player if he should be looking for rental options or if his stay will be covered in a team-paid hotel.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Actually now I'm curious too. Does anyone want to tweet Sara that guys at F26 would like to know how the logistics of assignments and recalls work in practical terms between Raleigh and Charlotte?

Do Bishop and Kuokkanen listen to audiobooks, or does the one not driving read aloud? How do Canes cater that a 20-y.o. boy from out of town can be the best he he can be when on NHL ice?

You can say you're asking for a shy friend who don't dare to come talk himself.

Last edited:

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Actually now I'm curious too. Does anyone want to tweet Sara that guys at F26 would like to know how the logistics of assignments and recalls work in practical terms between Raleigh and Charlotte?

Do Bishop and Kuokkanen listen to audiobooks, or does the one not driving read aloud? How do Canes cater that a 20-y.o. boy from out of town can be the best he he can be when on NHL ice?

You can say you're asking for a shy friend who don't dare to come talk himself.

Done :)

08BF9B39-389A-42A1-AD92-F026556B9EE0.png

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
it's a small thing, but even being receptive to queries like this goes a long way towards making her such a solid resource for a team like the Canes

She’s amazing. I love the way she’s embraced the Canes and her role in covering them. Like she was the perfect hire for the Carolina fan base, she gets it. I sure hope she stays here for a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad