Post-Game Talk: Hawks win Jets gonna Jerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The comment you made about buff won't help us exceed in the playoffs.

I've put a LOT of thought into it.

Just because it's not the same opinion as yourself or others here, doesn't mean it's not a thoughtful opinion.

I've thought about it for 5 years, I've formed my opinion of Buff over 5 years. It's changed somewhat as Buff has changed but to suggest it's not thoughtful is insulting.

Why do we have to demean other peoples opinions here simply because they are different?

Sure, you think it's no big deal to say my opinion didn't take much thought, or if someone says lol whut, but what is that really saying?

That suggests that my opinion is stupid, uneducated, or didn't involve any critical thinking or analysis. I take offense to that.

I think debate can be had without that kind of belittling. I think we can have contrary opinions and still coexist in a respectful debate forum. Idk, maybe those days are gone?

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
You said less then a sentence on Buff in your post. There isn't much thought in one sentence. The rest of your original post was more general about the team and had little to do with Buff.

I really don't get why you take such offense to people disagreeing with you.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not sure if this is true. Most good coached weren't star players.

You want that to be because of limited physical gifts though, not limited grasp of the game which is what it seems to be with Stu. You want the coach to be the guy who had to overcome his physical limitations by learning to 'play the right way' and make good decisions.

I like the idea of a role for Stu as much as others do. I just can't think of a role he would be suited for. Scout? Does he know good play when he sees it? Coach? Coach what? Community relations might be the place for him. :laugh: And I'm only half kidding. Maybe added to that development staff they have. Travel around to the prospects and teach them how to be pros. That I think he knows.

Last edited:

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I've put a LOT of thought into it.

Just because it's not the same opinion as yourself or others here, doesn't mean it's not a thoughtful opinion.

I've thought about it for 5 years, I've formed my opinion of Buff over 5 years. It's changed somewhat as Buff has changed but to suggest it's not thoughtful is insulting.

Why do we have to demean other peoples opinions here simply because they are different?

Sure, you think it's no big deal to say my opinion didn't take much thought, or if someone says lol whut, but what is that really saying?

That suggests that my opinion is stupid, uneducated, or didn't involve any critical thinking or analysis. I take offense to that.

I think debate can be had without that kind of belittling. I think we can have contrary opinions and still coexist in a respectful debate forum. Idk, maybe those days are gone?

Do you think having an opinion is special right to not have it rejected? Simply having an opinion doesn't give it equal weight. Your opinions on Buff have been refuted by evidence since you've been posting them. I think your opinion on Buff is terrible and incongruent with reality. That isn't personal attack, and the time you spent pondering your opinion doesn't really weigh into my assessment of it.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I could barely stomach watching this game. I gave up my seasons for the last few games for free just because I would rather sit and do nothing, rather than go to the games lol.
Its almost like the entire organization is trolling everyone. Everyone can see what the problems are, EVERYONE... But the true North just doesn't seem willing to make the proper changes for the jets to succeed.
Watching Pavelec just makes me angry, he over commits to sooooo many shots and then is completely out of positions for the rebounds. Just makes you want to go to the jets front office amd slap everyone one of them lol

I know the feeling but apparently there are still thousands of Jets fans who chant Pavy, Pavy, Pavy and Stuuuuuuu at totally inappropriate times. :shakehead

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I've seen enough of Dustin Byfuglien to know his high risk play is going to be detrimental in the playoffs.

I'm not getting engaged in another Byfuglien debate. I am sorry I haven't assimilated yet :laugh:

No desire to go there. :) I know what you think of Buff and why.

Have you considered the possibility that your assessment of him might simply be out of date? He still makes some high profile mistakes but far less than he used to. However if a person had his mind made up there are enough of them to still confirm his earlier opinion. I think he has become much better defensively over the last 2 seasons, this one in particular. You may still disagree. I'm only asking if you have considered the possibility.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
TV guy mentioned a Big Buff hit on Fleischmann today. Did Buff hit him hard, Thomas only weighs 160 pounds? They said Buff is 100 pounds plus on Thomas. That's not nice.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Do you think having an opinion is special right to not have it rejected? Simply having an opinion doesn't give it equal weight. Your opinions on Buff have been refuted by evidence since you've been posting them. I think your opinion on Buff is terrible and incongruent with reality. That isn't personal attack, and the time you spent pondering your opinion doesn't really weigh into my assessment of it.

I have no problem with having my opinion rejected. It happens very frequently :laugh:

I have no problem with this post. You at least took the time to argue against my post instead of posting some two word insult.

You see the difference?

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I have no problem with having my opinion rejected. It happens very frequently :laugh:

I have no problem with this post. You at least took the time to argue against my post instead of posting some two word insult.

You see the difference?

Sure, fair enough.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
No desire to go there. :) I know what you think of Buff and why.

Have you considered the possibility that your assessment of him might simply be out of date? He still makes some high profile mistakes but far less than he used to. However if a person had his mind made up there are enough of them to still confirm his earlier opinion. I think he has become much better defensively over the last 2 seasons, this one in particular. You may still disagree. I'm only asking if you have considered the possibility.

I think most here who have read my posts on Buff will say that I have changed my opinion of him somewhat. I've given him credit for cleaning up his game and I do think he is better at risk management and in his own zone.

I still, however don't think it's good enough, especially if he is playing 25 + minutes for us a night in the playoffs.

And here I am... right smack dab in the middle of another Buff argument. :laugh::laugh:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Let me help you get off the Buff discussion train - since we have a game today, and this is a PGT for last game, it's time to close up shop and move on.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad