Post-Game Talk: Hawks win Jets gonna Jerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Jets only got point but OT 3 on 3 is garbage, should be 5 on 5 or at least 4 on 4 OT!

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I can say it now...

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnk

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Nothing angers me more than an OT loss in this years league. Either win or lose in regulation, this 3on3 and shootout crap pisses me right off. The guys played to win tonight, I would have preferred they did, thanks Pavs.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Entertaining game. Lots of goals, lots of loose defense, and two very ****** goaltenders. Great to see Petan get his first legitimate goal of the year. Thank you, Pavelec, for regaining your lost form. Too bad Darling caught your suck.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
output_9JMz8C_zpsi0xhh9cm.gif

Pretty much sums it up for me

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
I'll celebrate Wheeler setting a new high in points. I would love to have a talk with Wheeler to get his real thoughts on this team.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I'll celebrate Wheeler setting a new high in points. I would love to have a talk with Wheeler to get his real thoughts on this team.

Considering the players we're missing right now, I'd say the effort the team put forth tonight compared to say... a team like Vancouver at least gives him hope that they can rebound next year.

If Pavs/Stu/Thor aren't playing for us next year in starting lineups that's a good way to start. Then you have potential additions to a healthy lineup like Hellebuyck, Connor, Petan, and more as needed. Less suck on the PK, more skill on the PP, it may not take much to turn this team around as long as the effort is there.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

What's wrong with this team? Been in most games, yes they lose, but they are playing decent IMO, no Little, MP, Myers, Enstrom and they are still competing. Helly will be in the nets next year and not Pavs. This team will be fine come September. Who cares what Wheeler thinks anyway, Scheif is the next captain.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
If Pavs/Stu/Thor aren't playing for us next year in starting lineups

Please come back to reality. Jets gave them the contract which means they are playing. We are talking about the Jets here, where the size of your contract determines if you play not the quality of your game

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The fact that Stu and Pavs are guaranteed spots on next year's roster (and Stu for 2 more years), should absolutely have the STH armed with pitchforks. This game was the perfect demonstration, no matter how well the rest of the team plays, we are going nowhere with these guys in such important roles.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
The fact that Stu and Pavs are guaranteed spots on next year's roster (and Stu for 2 more years), should absolutely have the STH armed with pitchforks. This game was the perfect demonstration, no matter how well the rest of the team plays, we are going nowhere with these guys in such important roles.

Since when?

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
What's wrong with this team? Been in most games, yes they lose, but they are playing decent IMO, no Little, MP, Myers, Enstrom and they are still competing. Helly will be in the nets next year and not Pavs. This team will be fine come September. Who cares what Wheeler thinks anyway, Scheif is the next captain.

I forgot about Frenchie. I think he is the best forechecker in hockey. He is missed.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Since when?

Judging by the fact that Pavs has had terrible numbers for the last 5 years yet gets anointed as the starter at the end of every season? Judging by the fact the no one with the Jets even acknowledges that there is a problem on the bottom pairing LD? Judging by the fact that a better player was sat in PB all season despite Stu's play? Judging by the fact that PoMo considers Stu as one of the candidates for the C?

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I'll believe it when I see it. This franchise has thus far shown no desire to reduce the roles (let alone jettison) non-performers unless they're making league minimum.

First time Ive heard Lawless say it tho. In intermission, he mentioned vets better be worried come camp time, he mentioned Pavs, Stu, Thor, Peluso and Chiarot. Never heard Lawless say that before.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg

I was just thinking what his thoughts are to where the team is now and moves or signings that should or shouldn't have been made.

He might feel like his best years are being wasted. He want's to win now not 4/5 years from now.

I do like the trajectory of the team and am patient about it, I just think it would be interesting to have Wheeler's take on his thoughts about things.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Judging by the fact that Pavs has had terrible numbers for the last 5 years yet gets anointed as the starter at the end of every season? Judging by the fact the no one with the Jets even acknowledges that there is a problem on the bottom pairing LD? Judging by the fact that a better player was sat in PB all season despite Stu's play? Judging by the fact that PoMo considers Stu as one of the candidates for the C?

I understand history will likely repeat itself here, but:

What teams publicly acknowledge there's a problem with any position on their roster?

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Late in the game just before Hawks 4th goal Stu passes the puck back to Trouba behind the net. I swear I read Trouba's mind and it wasn't a good thought. Something about "get the puck out of here".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad