tumblr_pfp4x9o8gC1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

tumblr_pfp0tyKZHU1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

tumblr_pfp0uxleWv1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

Gonna be a long year....

upload_2018-9-28_17-9-43.gif

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
You had two bad and boring teams playing so I guess what did anyone expect. If you take Kane off the hawks they are very hard to watch. Even with him it's tough at times.

Both coaches know they have little depth so they are trying to have their teams learn very tight defensive systems in order to not get blown out every game. You can blame Q but I blame Bowman. He has done nothing to help this team in the offseason and is the reason the team is as boring as they are.

Well, let me take my life into my own hands here and defend bowman a little bit. He is boxed in with the big contracts and has little room to move regarding finding any decent free agents, especially on defense. And those that are out there know it and won't play in Chicago because they know they won't get paid.

Now, are those contracts bowman's fault? In some cases yes, but that's what happens when you win 3 cups in 6 years. Should have been 4 in my opinion. The team rewarded those players that were instrumental in building a champion team.

I will agree the drafting has not been that great, but still finding gems like Panarin and even Darling while he was here, you have to give him credit for that.

Reactions: Robsker

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Touche but still kinda see it differently. Agree Joker kinda froze an instant too long & that started the problem, but Keith went low - I think he expected Joker to get him the puck. When it went to the other side I think Keith shoulda gone net front. Kahun was a stride slow too and "rookie" - or make that rookies - mistakes / miscommunication a part for sure.

Still, I think it was Keith's move to get back to the net .- and even cover / expect the rooks to FU. I mean #2' see it all plenty of times over. (Why he makes the big bucks, right? ;-))

Agree to disagree? And just my two cents probably not worth even that much. ;-)

If Joker takes the hit to make the play, Keith doesn't have to scramble for him. So I think the blame still resides with 28.

That said, the kid is 19 and it is preseason. I'm not overly worried.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Well, let me take my life into my own hands here and defend bowman a little bit. ... Now, are those contracts bowman's fault? In some cases yes, but that's what happens when you win 3 cups in 6 years.

Respectfully can't agree. I'm an NHL GM, I make these guys rich one way or another BUT NOT BOTH, as in NOT both term AND SECURITY as in either boatload of bucks or an NTC but not both. That's what really annoys me about Bowman jr's SOP - he offers both, it's his signature play and it's led to cap Hell since he gave 19 & 88 both.

Having said that, I don't begrudge any pro signing the deal offered. The Seabrook monstrosity tho is unforgivable and fans are paying for it both literally & figuratively, e.g Manning instead of Faulk this off season, Panarin for Saad Forsberg last, and - BRUTALLY - Teuvo to dump Bickell's contract.

Last edited:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I will never understand the Danault trade because it was always rumored Barry Smith was really high on him and then to turn around and trade him for Dale Weise and Tomas Fleischmann along with a 2nd...That might be Bowman’s worst move as a GM...Can argue about the TT, Panarin trades, Seabs contract etc. Absolutely no defending that deal

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
If we get Panarin back, force him with Toews.
If Panarin can carry Dubois and Anderson/Atkinson, he should be able to play with Saad/Toews/Debrincat/Sikura/Hayden/Kahun

He's rounded out his game in Columbus. Him and Kane can play on the PP together and 3on3.

Panarin - Toews - Sikura
Debrincat - Anisimov - Kane
Saad - Schmaltz - Kahun
Kampf - Kruger - Hayden

Keith - Jokiharju
Forsling - Seabrook
Manning - Boqvist

Crawford
UFA backup

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
I will never understand the Danault trade because it was always rumored Barry Smith was really high on him and then to turn around and trade him for Dale Weise and Tomas Fleischmann along with a 2nd...That might be Bowman’s worst move as a GM...Can argue about the TT, Panarin trades, Seabs contract etc. Absolutely no defending that deal

I gotta confess ... when that trade announced I thought it was overall okay - not the pick, that was plain stupid - but thought both Wiese & Fleischmann could contribute the Cup run. Was proven wrong but liked both guys' games.

Hell, I STILL want Eric Fehr on the grinder line so yeah maybe I've caught too many one timers w/ my mask. (Figuratively speaking of course, am not now, nor have ever been, a goalie.)

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
well, we still don't know yet, but I honestly think what hurt Sikura was Kahun. Kahun came out of nowhere for many of us and simply took a spot on this team. Maybe they weren't directly competing for the same spot, but depending on how Q views Kunitz (likely in his top 9), then that really left only 1 spot for either Sikura/Kahun...especially if Hayden gets a top 9 role.

the kid has skill, we can all see it, if he gets sent down and comes back up like Hino did it won't be the end of the world, but my fear is that Kunitz is going to be playing in the top 9 and that will have more of a negative impact on this team right now.
I think Sikura has been just mediocre at best in every game he has played. He is not NHL ready yet in my eyes.
While I haven’t seen the recent games as I’ve been out of the country, what I have seen of Sikura shows he’s not ready, regardless of how Kahun has played. Right now he’s a skinny 150 foot player who has big defensive deficiencies.

He has offensive talent to be sure, but unless you’re Kane-esque, having only that isn’t going to fly. On the offensive end he avoided contact. Even Cat is way more physical, while still finding the soft areas on the ice.

I think he needs to learn the pro game in the AHL, bulk up a bit so he’s not so timid, and hopefully he gets it done quickly. The Hawks need offense desperately.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
If we get Panarin back, force him with Toews.
If Panarin can carry Dubois and Anderson/Atkinson, he should be able to play with Saad/Toews/Debrincat/Sikura/Hayden/Kahun

He's rounded out his game in Columbus. Him and Kane can play on the PP together and 3on3.

Panarin - Toews - Sikura
Debrincat - Anisimov - Kane
Saad - Schmaltz - Kahun
Kampf - Kruger - Hayden

Keith - Jokiharju
Forsling - Seabrook
Manning - Boqvist

Crawford
UFA backup
First of all, fantasy right now getting Panarin. Hawks need to be close to winning before he comes back.

However, I’ll play. That first line will never work with the current iteration of Sikura, who looks presently to have nothing to give on the defensive side of the puck. That’ll never fly on a Toews line without Johnny having to cover for him, thus eliminating Toews from whatever offensive gain you were hoping to get from the combo, and also taking that line completely out of the harder defensive matchups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad