GDT: Hawks @ Vegas 9pm ESPN + 4-16-24

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Foligno has been abysmal the last two games.
He's getting older. Getting worn down easier. Playing 72 games, heavy minutes, at going on 37 years old. And he has played a rough and tough game his entire career. Makes sense, IMO.

He still did it wrong though. Pull the goalie when you have possession!

Like he just makes the most baffling decisions, I don’t understand.
Offensive zone faceoff. Pretty common time to pull the goalie.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
I hate this Vegas team for some reason. Marchesseault is dirty as f*** and the rest of them come off so smug.
Im just glad Pacioretty isnt there anymore. I hate them much less without him

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I’m not worried about Foligno. He’s playing above where he should at this point in his career

Whether we win Celebrini, sign a higher end free agent or have Taylor Hall or whoever, he won’t be in those positions of powerplay or 6 on 5 anymore.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Bottom line:
Bedard who fizzled again getschisclonevpoibtvso posters say tgey can go to bed hapoy=NO!

1 shot on goal .. And Nazar who "looks good" = 1 shot on goal...Ask any coach of a top 20 nhl tean if he can go to bed hapoy when the 2 most hyped pkayers up Front on this team generate only 2 shot on goal each..Not that other f Hawks orwards did much better...Foligno who I agree has looked worn diwn and is not providing much defending in the d-zone gets 4 shots on goal to lead all Hawks forward it is hard to see the 1 shot wonders of the hyped yutes doing much to change Hawks fortunes next season. Hawks easily "handled" by Vegas...OF Nazar "looked good" and did not produce..if Bedard generated only 1 shot ( low shot totals became a habit as season started to close out),they have not left us
optimistic for next sesson.Can't score goals with low shot totals...1 shot Johnnie's do not cut it.

Bedard now on 5 game goaless drought ..but more concerning ONLY 1 goal in last 13 GP..Picking up a few assists during this long goal fizzle but 1 shot on goal lastc2GP= he definitely has fizzled out down these latestc13 GP ...Too easily handled ..not reakky impacting much at all...not even "looing good"

Nazar =only small 2 game sample...of course he scored on 1st nhl shot on goal last game before this Vegas game.but then downhill from there ....bottom line tonight =only 1cshot on goal.

Call me when Bedard gets back to 3-4 shots a night at some goals...or when Nazar dominated shifts and backs up "looking good" with actual game changing multi'shots and scoring..

Last edited:

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I value him. I think he’s obviously an NHLer. Even just stuff agnostic from his partner. Like I just don’t think the instincts are high end. I don’t see like a dynamic top pair guy, mind wise.

I’m not saying he’s bad, or that I want to ditch him. Just that my expectations for him have shifted, and I think it’s certainly harder playing with Megna, but he also hasn’t done himself any favors.
I just find it hard to believe you can really separate his situation from those things that you seem to not like about him. He is in a pretty unique situation where he is a) the youngest defenceman in the leage, b) playing on a brutal team that is often hemmed into their own zone, and c) not playing with a stabilizing veteran. I just honestly don't see how you can acknowledge all those things and then still say you don't think he can be a dynamic top pairing guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad