Speculation: Hawks Skater Logjam

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Based on Bowman’s comments after drafting Dach, I think he’ll get every opportunity possible to play for the Hawks this year and he’d have to look reaaaaallly not NHL-ready for him to be sent back to the WHL.

So if he looks minimum as good as Boqvist did last TC and preseason then I think Kirby will be up here full time.

Reactions: Dr Salt

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Kampf might be the odd man out. Don't forget about Caggiula.

Does anyone else think it is likely that Dahlstrom and Koekkoek get waived? I don't think that either are that much of a loss if claimed.

Dahstrom, Kokkoek, Purina and Rudy Sikura are all dead weight and will eventually be off the main roster when it's all said and done.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
He may have been on his butt a lot and had the wrist shot of a 12 year old, but Kruger was always going to the net and going to the tough areas. He took hits to make plays, sacrificed himself...he did all of those things. He may have been exaggerated by some in what he meant, but he absolutely was a key cog during his best seasons in Chicago.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Kruger transformed himself into a great defensive player (with the help of Q) while carving out a good career. When he came over he was supposed to be much more of a offensive threat and was possibly the 2C of the future.

Reactions: bwana63

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Dahlstrom was +9 on lousy Hawks team last season.. If he is dead weight what the hell is Seabrook?

Considering Dahlstrom does not cost much then why should he he jettisoned?You are NOT keeping Boqvist up to be 7th orv8th dman They need 1 hit atvleastxas 7th..Was Slater KKKK better than Dahlstrom? I don't think so...+9 is nothing to sneeze about.

It will be very embarrassing if either or both Matta or DeHan is worse than +9 ...

Now...you could say Dahlstrom wasvok 5x5 but not a solution for any pk pr pp duty.. a solutelyvteue..And we Hope that Maatta Nd DeHaan are PK solutions.. So there are certain roles for certain dmen..

But I would not call Dahlstrom as 7thbor 8th d-role dead weight ..Unlikely to find 7th orc8thvdman on any other team a le enough to be +9 in 5x5 albeit in probably sheltered role with o-zone starts and playing with better forwards in the attack zone rather than a shutdown guy vs. Top lines of the opps.But you cannot expect a mere insurance dman as the extra in 7th or 8th spit to be able to shine in every possible role..If he could he would not ne merely a back-up insurance extra dman.

But it could be far worse for deadweight. +9 in limited role is still useful if he is cked on for some role.

The bigger problem is the real Deadweight...That is if course Seabrook...cause he cannot do any role any.ore (barring a miracle ressurection)..

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Dahlstrom was +9 on lousy Hawks team last season.. If he is dead weight what the hell is Seabrook?

Considering Dahlstrom does not cost much then why should he he jettisoned?You are NOT keeping Boqvist up to be 7th orv8th dman They need 1 hit atvleastxas 7th..Was Slater KKKK better than Dahlstrom? I don't think so...+9 is nothing to sneeze about.

It will be very embarrassing if either or both Matta or DeHan is worse than +9 ...

Now...you could say Dahlstrom wasvok 5x5 but not a solution for any pk pr pp duty.. a solutelyvteue..And we Hope that Maatta Nd DeHaan are PK solutions.. So there are certain roles for certain dmen..

But I would not call Dahlstrom as 7thbor 8th d-role dead weight ..Unlikely to find 7th orc8thvdman on any other team a le enough to be +9 in 5x5 albeit in probably sheltered role with o-zone starts and playing with better forwards in the attack zone rather than a shutdown guy vs. Top lines of the opps.But you cannot expect a mere insurance dman as the extra in 7th or 8th spit to be able to shine in every possible role..If he could he would not ne merely a back-up insurance extra dman.

But it could be far worse for deadweight. +9 in limited role is still useful if he is cked on for some role.

The bigger problem is the real Deadweight...That is if course Seabrook...cause he cannot do any role any.ore (barring a miracle ressurection)..

+/- means very little.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If Kubalik is a Saad like 2 way forward, then that is huge for the Hawks. It makes me even more comfortable putting Dach in between them. I'm at the point with Saad that I think the Hawks should keep him for the remainder of his contract unless re-signing people becomes an issue next season.

They're probably going to have to choose between one of Saad, Gustafsson and Kubalik next summer. I'm guessing Saad is 3rd on their list.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Oh yeah now I got it. I agree with that, for me he looks like a lot Saad. At least in international play.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il

Fiddy, Dahlstrom turns like Roszival, now.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Caggiula - Toews - Kane
Perlini - Strome - DeBrincat
Saad - Shaw - Kubalik?
Smith - Carpenter - Kampf
Quenneville

Keith - Murphy
Dahlstrom - Maatta
Gustafsson - Seabrook
Koekkoek

Assuming de Haan is injured. If he plays, you have 8 d-men. Sikura, Saarela, Kurashev, Nylander to the AHL (unless one of them looks better than Kubalik in pre-season). Quenneville is probably a better fit for 4th line or 13th forward duty than any of the still developing scoring prospects. I wouldn't want Kubalik or Kurashev to sit, for instance.

The rest of the way you get enough injuries to give everyone a chance to play.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Based on Bowman’s comments after drafting Dach, I think he’ll get every opportunity possible to play for the Hawks this year and he’d have to look reaaaaallly not NHL-ready for him to be sent back to the WHL.

So if he looks minimum as good as Boqvist did last TC and preseason then I think Kirby will be up here full time.
They'd likely go all 9 games and see the impact from there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad