Confirmed with Link: Hawks Sign Cameron Schilling for 2 Years

CoachQ

Aug 23, 2014
Tinley Park, IL.
Hey everyone, I understand this isn't the most exciting signing, but if you could refrain from the trash talk on this one it would mean a lot to me. Cameron and I won a Indiana State Title together and he was my defensive partner for about five years coming up as kids. He's a really good kid and still a friend. Thanks.

Congratulations to Cameron. Hopefully he grew up a Hawks fan being from Indiana, must be a thrill. Two important questions: 1.) Is he a right handed or left handed shot and 2.) Will he be getting you tickets to Hawks games because without you bailing him out he would have never made it to the NHL :).

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
Someone should tweet Schilling to come take a look at this thread and confirm this guy claiming to be his friend is for real. I can't believe he wouldn't have an account.

I can't do it; I'm not on twitter.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
I just read that they also signed some guy named Michael Liambas who is best known for being suspended for a season after almost killing a guy in junior. :shakehead

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Referring to him as a towel boy would probably constitute as trash talking.

As for the signing, just a depth move. It's fine. He'll still get those more important issues, no rule saying in what order things need to get done.

Ah, I missed the poster say that. Yeah don't get the need for that, this signing isn't a big deal for better or worse.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
It's been a long time since I have played with Cameron, but he played his college hockey at Miami of Ohio where he was a four-year starter for the Redhawks.

He was a big part of the 2009 team that went to the NCAA Divison I National Title game against Boston University. Some might remember, Miami had that game sewed up and gave up two goals in the final minute, game went to overtime and they lost. Cameron never made it back to the title game. They went back to the Frozen Four his sophomore year and made the tournament his junior and senior seasons.

He was signed as a free agent out of Miami to the Caps. Since then he has spent most of his time in the AHL with the Hersey Bears. He got a few games here and there with the Caps, but that's it.

He's defense first and probably won't even contribute much offensively. I doubt he ever makes the Hawks roster, but I'll be watching and hoping for sure.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
It's been a long time since I have played with Cameron, but he played his college hockey at Miami of Ohio where he was a four-year starter for the Redhawks.

He was a big part of the 2009 team that went to the NCAA Divison I National Title game against Boston University. Some might remember, Miami had that game sewed up and gave up two goals in the final minute, game went to overtime and they lost. Cameron never made it back to the title game. They went back to the Frozen Four his sophomore year and made the tournament his junior and senior seasons.

He was signed as a free agent out of Miami to the Caps. Since then he has spent most of his time in the AHL with the Hersey Bears. He got a few games here and there with the Caps, but that's it.

He's defense first and probably won't even contribute much offensively. I doubt he ever makes the Hawks roster, but I'll be watching and hoping for sure.

I had a buddy who I used to play with who was also a defenseman on that 2009 team. Small world.

Strudel

Dec 6, 2014
Wisconsin
I just read that they also signed some guy named Michael Liambas who is best known for being suspended for a season after almost killing a guy in junior. :shakehead

I'm actually really excited. He's one of my favorite players for the dumbest reason ever.

A few years ago when I was at an Admirals game, my car broke down in the parking lot after the game. It was 11 at night so I decided to sit in front of the arena as opposed to a dark parking lot in the middle of Milwaukee while I waited for my mom to pick me up. I live about an hour drive from Milwaukee.

While I'm sitting on the curb in my Admirals jersey, Liambas comes up to me and asks me what I'm doing. I stuttered and mumbled like an idiot before I finally tell him I'm waiting for my mom to pick me up, but she is an hour away, so I'm just waiting on the curb. So he says he will sit with me until my mom shows up. Admittedly, I looked 13 or 14 years old to the 17 years old I actually was. Hell, I'm 20 now, and I still look 13. Curse of the baby face I guess; but that day it paid off. He probably wouldn't have sat with me if he knew I was a year away from being an adult, but who cares?

He's a career AHLer who drops the gloves all time. He is strictly an AHL signing, we won't see him on the Hawks. No matter, he made a life long fan in me. An act so simple can go a long way.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
I'm actually really excited. He's one of my favorite players for the dumbest reason ever.

A few years ago when I was at an Admirals game, my car broke down in the parking lot after the game. It was 11 at night so I decided to sit in front of the arena as opposed to a dark parking lot in the middle of Milwaukee while I waited for my mom to pick me up. I live about an hour drive from Milwaukee.

While I'm sitting on the curb in my Admirals jersey, Liambas comes up to me and asks me what I'm doing. I stuttered and mumbled like an idiot before I finally tell him I'm waiting for my mom to pick me up, but she is an hour away, so I'm just waiting on the curb. So he says he will sit with me until my mom shows up. Admittedly, I looked 13 or 14 years old to the 17 years old I actually was. Hell, I'm 20 now, and I still look 13. Curse of the baby face I guess; but that day it paid off. He probably wouldn't have sat with me if he knew I was a year away from being an adult, but who cares?

He's a career AHLer who drops the gloves all time. He is strictly an AHL signing, we won't see him on the Hawks. No matter, he made a life long fan in me. An act so simple can go a long way.

Nice story!

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI

Way cool! thanks for sharing.

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013

That's a great story and you know what? I'm gonna root for him to make it here or on some other team eventually. Good guys deserve breaks.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria

great Story. Thanks for that.

hope he makes it.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Why is he signed to a one way contract? Does Rocky give Stan unlimited money to burn?

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
May be seeing his teammates Dad on the 4th perhaps, will find out more.

Hurrikane88

Jul 3, 2015
We really have to suck the fun out of life in here, now we can't jokingly say towel boy anymore. Dude it's a joke.

The way you rail on about EVERYTHING and now this 1 time someone is supposed to know(I don't know how).... that you are "joking".... really??

Try not complaining about everything and we might be able to tell a bit easier.....

Hurrikane88

Jul 3, 2015
Hey everyone, I understand this isn't the most exciting signing, but if you could refrain from the trash talk on this one it would mean a lot to me. Cameron and I won a Indiana State Title together and he was my defensive partner for about five years coming up as kids. He's a really good kid. Thanks.

Gratz on your bud making it "home".....Ignore the gloom and doom brigade

michel67

Jul 4, 2015
Indianapolis
Hey everyone, I understand this isn't the most exciting signing, but if you could refrain from the trash talk on this one it would mean a lot to me. Cameron and I won a Indiana State Title together and he was my defensive partner for about five years coming up as kids. He's a really good kid. Thanks.

Did you guys play Racers or Jr Ice?

And, it wasn't clear to me from the info I found online, when did he jump from Carmel to the USHL?

This signing is something the kids in our area will be excited to hear about.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Did you guys play Racers or Jr Ice?

And, it wasn't clear to me from the info I found online, when did he jump from Carmel to the USHL?

This signing is something the kids in our area will be excited to hear about.

We played on the Racers together for Allen Sprunk. He now coaches the Bantam kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad