Confirmed with Link: Hawks sign Andreas Athanasiou and Max Domi

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I wonder who is going to be playing center this year? Whens the last time Domi played center?

They now have Domi, Anthanasiou, Kurashev, Reichel, Lafferty, Hardman that all play on the leftside.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I wonder who is going to be playing center this year? Whens the last time Domi played center?

They now have Domi, Anthanasiou, Kurashev, Reichel, Lafferty, Hardman that all play on the leftside.
Kurashev can play center. I actually think he needs to go there with the lack of depth we have.

I've been saying since his Coyote days that Domi is a player.
I mean he is on his 5th team in like 7 seasons. That says a lot right there...teams don't seem to really want him longer term .

Reactions: Pertti

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Reichel-Toews-Kane
Domi-Kurashev-Raddysh
Anthansiou-Lafferty-Johnson
Hardman-Entwistle-Katchouk
Johnson

Thats how you tank
That lineup is gross as hell lol...just wait until they move out 19 & 88.

I would like to see Slavin get that 4th line shot ..I think he can surprise some folks and be a decent NHLer

Reactions: d rake

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Glad I’m rooting for the tank and L’s because I can’t cheer for Domi.

Punk.

Reactions: AzHawk

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
I have watched Domi for years since he started with Habs. My son is a T1D hockey player and I coach a lot of hockey.

What he is great at:
- moving the puck up the ice
- passing, one of the best passers in the league - lite level
- great skater
- creative player and play maker

Good at:
- forechecking
- can score and good in close if he goes there
- pretty responsible on D, he still gets a bad warp from earlier in his career
- from what I hear players like him as a teammate. He is one of the first to congratulate a rookie for their first goal (seem genuinely excited for them) or welcome a player to the team
- stick handling, but sometimes tries to get too fancy

Needs work on
- face offs
- shot is not bad but could improve
- playing consistently and channeling anger into good play
- not loosing his anger and doing stupid things
- shooting more and closer to the net

What does not work for Max
- Dump and chase hockey, he is a creative player
- Old school coach who expects him to fit into a system that is not creative and does not fit his style of play
- playing with players who can't score. Max loves to pass first. So if he is on a line with people who cannot finish, it does not help him

I do not know LR as a coach, but if he can work with Max and play him for his strengths, I think it could be a great signing. Julien and Torts tried to make him a player who he was not, instead of using his strengths. Good coaches create systems to enhance their players strengths and hide their weaknesses. Torts and Julien were both this is my system, if you do not fit or like it...go pound pavement.

A fresh start and a one year contract at a lower value may motivate Max.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I have watched Domi for years since he started with Habs. My son is a T1D hockey player and I coach a lot of hockey.

What he is great at:
- great skater

Good at:
- forechecking
- from what I hear players like him as a teammate. He is one of the first to congratulate a rookie for their first goal (seem genuinely excited for them) or welcome a player to the team

Needs work on
- face offs

- Old school coach who expects him to fit into a system that is not creative and does not fit his style of play
- playing with players who can't score. Max loves to pass first. So if he is on a line with people who cannot finish, it does not help him

I do not know LR as a coach, but if he can work with Max and play him for his strengths, I think it could be a great signing. Julien and Torts tried to make him a player who he was not, instead of using his strengths. Good coaches create systems to enhance their players strengths and hide their weaknesses. Torts and Julien were both this is my system, if you do not fit or like it...go pound pavement.

what's the scouting report on bedard

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
Domi can also play on the right side. He loves to camp down low on the right and feed across or center.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Domi can also play on the right side. He loves to camp down low on the right and feed across or center.
He just needs to sit where Cat did on the PP and wait for Kaner feeds. If he can hit the net, he should be fine.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

What he is great at:
- great skater

Good at:
- forechecking

Needs work on
- face offs

Only problem with this is who the hell is he going to pass to for goals???

Reactions: puckie

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm going to laugh(and probably cry) when the Hawks sign a bunch of guys to one year prove it deals, or trade for guys trying to rekindle their careers, they overachieve, and this team f***s itself out of a top 5 pick.... After trading DeBrincat. Lol

• Love
Reactions: Clownish

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00