Confirmed with Link: Hawks Re-Up LeBlanc; Sign D's Peckham, Kostka

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Added depth

I definitely think Brookbank will be moved for Stanton. These other two are Rockford signings.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
You guys will like Kostka if he's in the AHL, but you'll absolutely hate him if he's in the NHL. The guy is absolutely terrible at the NHL level. Brett Lebda bad.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
You guys will like Kostka if he's in the AHL, but you'll absolutely hate him if he's in the NHL. The guy is absolutely terrible at the NHL level. Brett Lebda bad.

That's not possible. No one's as bad as Brett Lebda - at any level.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I remember a time here on H F when peckham was seen as future top4 or even top2 D and in trade proposals EDM fans asked for the moon... That was close after the time TO fans called ponikarovski bettet and more valueable than Sharpy

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
That's not possible. No one's as bad as Brett Lebda - at any level.
Brett_Lebda_with_Stanley_Cup.jpg

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

Hendry was a 7/8 who filled in after Barker was traded, Johnsson was unable to play ever again, and Boynton was mostly hurt too. Lebda was a steady bottom-pairing guy for the Wings all year. Obviously he was bad in Toronto but he's not the worst player to ever step on NHL ice.

There's a reason Lebda has triple the amount of games in the NHL that Hendry does. True, Hendry's younger but with his recent signing in Germany and having played just 2 NHL games over the past 2 seasons, it doesn't look like he's going to catch him ever.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Hendry was a 7/8 who filled in after Barker was traded, Johnsson was unable to play ever again, and Boynton was mostly hurt too. Lebda was a steady bottom-pairing guy for the Wings all year. Obviously he was bad in Toronto but he's not the worst player to ever step on NHL ice.

Obviously my post wasn't 100% serious, and Jordan Hendry played over a healthy Nick Boynton after Kim Johnsson was hurt.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Obviously my post wasn't 100% serious, and Jordan Hendry played over a healthy Nick Boynton after Kim Johnsson was hurt.

I know, and I definitely don't think Lebda was good or anything.. just wanted to drop in the defense of a local Chicago-area guy (born in raised in Buffalo Grove) since Leaf fans have convinced these boards that he was the worst player that ever happened to don an NHL jersey.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
There's a reason Lebda has triple the amount of games in the NHL that Hendry does. True, Hendry's younger but with his recent signing in Germany and having played just 2 NHL games over the past 2 seasons, it doesn't look like he's going to catch him ever.

Always nice for a Chicago guy to do well.

snizzbone*

Kostka has one of the worst personalities I've seen on the leafs and is one horrible hockey player, I don't know how you could call him a 'beaut' lol.

He seems like a very good guy from the videos and interviews I've seen of him.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
You guys will like Peckham, I'm somewhat choked the Oilers didn't re-sign him. He's a genuinely tough guy who changes the dynamic on the ice. I'll be watching Hawks games when he eventually gets called up. No offense what-so-ever and yet he's VERY entertaining to watch.

cujoflutie

To be fair to Kostka he did provide 10-15 decent games at the start, he looked god awful though when Carlyle tried to play him in a top 4 role. He's capable of decent hockey in a 3rd pairing I guess but not too many leaf fans are sad to see him go.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Can't complain about these signings. Kostka can help fill a hole if Leddy or Keith get injured, and Peckham can play a solid #6 role for a short period of time.

This will greatly improve Rockford.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Will be interesting to see if Chicago adds any more forwards for Rockford. At the moment, with who's under contract, it's looking like:

Mullane - LeBlanc - J.Hayes
Beach - Danault - McNeill
Ross - Nordstrom - T.Broadhurst
Svendsen - Froese - Gilbert
W.Brookbank

Dahlbeck - Clendening
Peckham - Kostka
Olsen - Lalonde
Svedberg

Raanta
Simpson
Carruth

They could probably use a proven (AHL) top-6 forward, and they could sign Shalunov as well and bring him over.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Will be interesting to see if Chicago adds any more forwards for Rockford. At the moment, with who's under contract, it's looking like:

Mullane - LeBlanc - J.Hayes
Beach - Danault - McNeill
Ross - Nordstrom - T.Broadhurst
Svendsen - Froese - Gilbert
W.Brookbank

Dahlbeck - Clendening
Peckham - Kostka
Olsen - Lalonde
Svedberg

Raanta
Simpson
Carruth

They could probably use a proven (AHL) top-6 forward, and they could sign Shalunov as well and bring him over.

they signed alex broadhurst to an elc in may and from prospect camp it sounds like they plan for him to play in the ahl this year.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
A BHTV spot doesn't reveal anything when it comes to the Hawks intentions. I don't see where A. Broadhurst fits, unless Chicago wants to force him into the line-up by trading a couple guys.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
A BHTV spot doesn't reveal anything when it comes to the Hawks intentions. I don't see where A. Broadhurst fits, unless Chicago wants to force him into the line-up by trading a couple guys.

i wasn't referring to a bhtv spot...and i don't think it matters whether you see where he fits...it's what chicago wants...if they decide they want him to go back to london, he will - however, if they want him in rockford they will make room for him.

at this point, it sounds like he's going to at least get the opportunity to make that team. this shouldn't be surprising given that he's the team's prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad