GDT: Hawks @ Preds (7PM CT): 2010 Game 5 Never Happened...

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Not for me. Chicago is just simply a much much better team than us.

Phoenix game stung way more for me. Cannot understand why we have so much trouble against them.

Phoenix is us a couple of years ago. They are beating us with the style of play we depended on for years.

A few signs of life here in the 3rd. Generating a few chances, getting a few shots. Too little, too late but something to build upon before Tuesday's game.

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
It's just not our night and the Hawks get 3 lucky goals and we can't counter. Legwand and Fisher couldn't score with a beachball. We just don't have the centers to really compete.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
For anyone who thinks I'm always positive- well, I am not- the 2nd and 3rd periods absolutely sucked.

You won't hear me griping about SOG and chances when we are winning 6-1 and 3-0- but I will in a game like this-

The only positive for me- that I didn't go to the game- I came THIS close to braving the storms and making a last minute trip from Birmingham with my son, but didn't-

That was a good decision, unfortunately...

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
Good effort at the tail end to generate some quality chances. But that was nothing but the pride of not trying to get shutout (which is good -- I'm glad they didn't give up)...but if we had this desperation after going down 2-0, we might...MIGHT have had a chance.

I'm beginning to think Blum has earned a spot...I think him and Ellis work well together, despite both being relative n00bs. Blum impressed me tonight. By impressed I mean I didn't notice him do anything outright horrible. Can't say that for most of the other D.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Well, as painful as that was, I have to admit it was a treat watching Kane tonight. He seems to be on another level this season.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
One more note- if the Blackhawks get even decent goaltending and defense, they are going to be very tough to beat.

Still not quite sure what happened to them last year- with roughly the same rosters give or take, we finished ahead of them in the standings and went further in the playoffs.

Now looks like a big gulf between the 2 teams

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
By the way, there were at least 4 shots I distinctly remember that we're counted for us that were wide. I'm not sure we actually had 10 on net.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
We've been held under 25 SOG in nine games so far ... under 20 five times. With an offense that isn't getting the puck to the net, the pressure on our goalies and defensive zone play is unbelievable. Tonight, that pressure was too much. An off night for Peks and our D, a horrible night for our offense overall, terrible result. Hopefully the team realizes it needs to step up its play and builds off that last 8-10 minutes of play were they actually put some pressure on Crawford.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
Btw, that was a big boy move by Wilson on Leddy at the end there. If he has 3 more feet to catch that puck I think he scores.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I did not realize this:

@ESPNStatsInfo: Blackhawks record first shutout since Apr 21, 2011, snapping streak of 101 games without one. Every other NHL team had at least 2 last year.

That makes it hurt a little more...

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
Well I think we are at the point of the season where we know what we are and what we have. Wilson has emerged as the best player so far on offense along with Erat and the loss of Hornqvist does hurt when offense has always struggled. The defense has come together and Blum has made it back from where he was. Ellis has also found his spot and Hannan is nice fill in. Gill is nice to have on pk but is limited elsewhere. Which is good Trotzy went to the 7 d. The offense needs help. Legwand and Fisher and Sk are not showing up. Smith isn't ready to play with the big boys or at least in the Trotz system. Weber is not bringing any offense.Good teams are showing us our weakness on offense is keeping us from being a good team. We have to work our butts off and catch good teams off their game to beat them but if they bring their offense we struggle. Will Poile do something. I doubt it.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
One more note- if the Blackhawks get even decent goaltending and defense, they are going to be very tough to beat.

Still not quite sure what happened to them last year- with roughly the same rosters give or take, we finished ahead of them in the standings and went further in the playoffs.

Now looks like a big gulf between the 2 teams

Good game, Preds looked a bit tired. Not sure if they played yesterday or not.

As far as the Hawks it's more like addition by subtraction. Bruno gone and a couple others. Saad has stepped in well. Other thing is the NHL is calling interference again and this helps teams like the Hawks. Not a physical team at all. Crawford is playing well enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad