GDT: Hawks @ Preds (7PM CT): 2010 Game 5 Never Happened...

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
What's all the excitement about the last 10 minutes performance? The hawks had a 3 goal lead, and had already saw what type of offensive threat their opponents were going to bring (which was NOTHING)? Why bother wasting energy for upcoming games??

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
It was so nice of the Preds to play pylons for the blackhawks to practice around for 60 minutes. :shakehead

The only good thing about the night: The snickerdoodle cookie they gave out was damn good.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Not that it would've made any difference, but is there a reason Clune is in over Halischuk?

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
The only positive - and I mean only - is the Blum had a great game tonight. He needs more ice time.

I'm sorry, but Blum got burned twice with guys flying around him in NZ/at blueline and he took his sweet-a$$ time on that change that cost us a goal.

That said, we need to roll Hals instead of either Gill or Hannan this week - Blum has played well-enough.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
SOG 10-3 in the first looks like Hawks dominating but scoring chances were a whole lot more equal; the complaint, regardless, would be converting and we were woeful.

Fisher looked dreadful; Leggy wasn't great but serviceable - if ever there was a night to run Wilson or Smith out there as center for a period with Erat and the other as a wing that was it.

Josi looked terrible; I don't really recall the last few so I'm not sure it's a pattern, but the 7man rotation doesn't seem to be helping him.

Clune - I sure love his heart but we really can't afford to run a guy out there that doesn't at least have Tootoo's potential to contribute on offense. This week sure seems like a good one to bring up a kid and let him play some shifts with Goose and Hals....

Hockeyfever

Jan 5, 2012
SOG 10-3 in the first looks like Hawks dominating but scoring chances were a whole lot more equal; the complaint, regardless, would be converting and we were woeful.

Fisher looked dreadful; Leggy wasn't great but serviceable - if ever there was a night to run Wilson or Smith out there as center for a period with Erat and the other as a wing that was it.

Josi looked terrible; I don't really recall the last few so I'm not sure it's a pattern, but the 7man rotation doesn't seem to be helping him.

Clune - I sure love his heart but we really can't afford to run a guy out there that doesn't at least have Tootoo's potential to contribute on offense. This week sure seems like a good one to bring up a kid and let him play some shifts with Goose and Hals....

In terms of our offense especially last night it seemed like a lot of times when we tried to shoot it was either blocked or we missedthe net completely. We had so many shots that never made it on net. it might be time to let Wilson play some center I agree. also agree that maybe we need to call someone up. Maybe it would inject some excitement or energy into our offense. Our offense has become somewhat stale.

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
I'm sorry, but Blum got burned twice with guys flying around him in NZ/at blueline and he took his sweet-a$$ time on that change that cost us a goal.

That said, we need to roll Hals instead of either Gill or Hannan this week - Blum has played well-enough.

And josi got worked by Kane on that spinorama no look pass that almost resulted in a goal. Blum looked solid for his TOI, but EVERYONE got outworked in this game. I wouldnt single anyone out for last nights performance. We looked like what 15 year old Pepsi tastes like. The flattest.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
this was the 2nd time we sucked in the 3rd game of the 3rd game in 4 nights trek. something to watch for the rest of the year as we are not handling it well. But I wonder, who is?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Chicago is just really good. I dont know what else to say. It's insane that they're 10-0-2 and have played 10 road games. They're about to play seven straight at home.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
this was the 2nd time we sucked in the 3rd game of the 3rd game in 4 nights trek. something to watch for the rest of the year as we are not handling it well. But I wonder, who is?

as ive said, everyone has to deal with it. our offense (top 6) is just ****ing dreadful

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
I was disappointed with Josi's game. First time I've ever said that. Oh well. Sharks will be pissed that the Jackets spanked them 6-2. We better show up for this one.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I was disappointed with Josi's game. First time I've ever said that. Oh well. Sharks will be pissed that the Jackets spanked them 6-2. We better show up for this one.
It doesn't say much for our team that we're worried a team has lost 5 straight games. Not saying it isn't warranted, just pointing it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad