GDT: Hawks @ Philly 6pm Nbc sports Chicago 3/30/24 (month of torture over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Disagree. Their talent level isn't far off from Islanders, Sabres, Caps. Maybe slightly over performed, doesn't necessarily mean that's because of the coach though.

Division is also weaker this year
The first three season predictions I looked up the hockey news and the sporting news had them finishing last in their division and ESPN had them finishing twenty ninth. They have definitely played above expectations.

Reactions: dj Mahoney

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The first three season predictions I looked up the hockey news and the sporting news had them finishing last in their division and ESPN had them finishing twenty ninth. They have definitely played above expectations.

You could apply this to a half dozen other teams, and it would have nothing to do with the coach. I don't think Philly's early success had anything to do with Torts. They were 19-12 with Carter Hart, with a 2.72 GAA, giving up 28.7 shots per game. Without Hart, they are 17-17, with a 3.45 GAA, giving up 26.2 shots per game. It's pretty clear what happened here, and it has nothing to do with the coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkaholic

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You could apply this to a half dozen other teams, and it would have nothing to do with the coach. I don't think Philly's early success had anything to do with Torts. They were 19-12 with Carter Hart, with a 2.72 GAA, giving up 28.7 shots per game. Without Hart, they are 17-17 with a 3.45 GAA, giving up 26.2 shots per game. It's pretty clear what happened here, and it has nothing to do with the coach.
Not to mention, no one predicted it would be one of the worst divisions in the league. A lot more wins available when your division isn't as dominant as it was the previous year.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
You could apply this to a half dozen other teams, and it would have nothing to do with the coach. I don't think Philly's early success had anything to do with Torts. They were 19-12 with Carter Hart, with a 2.72 GAA, giving up 28.7 shots per game. Without Hart, they are 17-17, with a 3.45 GAA, giving up 26.2 shots per game. It's pretty clear what happened here, and it has nothing to do with the coach.
They had like an .850 sv% from the middle of January through the middle of March. The goaltending shit the bed.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
They had like an .850 sv% from the middle of January through the middle of March. The goaltending shit the bed.

I think their goaltending was covering up for a lot of their deficiencies and carrying them early on. It's like that season Crawford was amazing, and the Hawks got stomped whenever he wasn't in net bailing out all the high danger chances they gave up. I haven't looked, but I'm guessing their fancy stats haven't been very good all season.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I think their goaltending was covering up for a lot of their deficiencies and carrying them early on. It's like that season Crawford was amazing, and the Hawks got stomped whenever he wasn't in net bailing out all the high danger chances they gave up. I haven't looked, but I'm guessing their fancy stats haven't been very good all season.
I haven't seen enough Flyers games to comment, but this all started with me saying a team that was expected to be a bottom five team in the league that is currently in the thick of a playoff race is over performing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad