Proposal: Hawks - Leafs

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I disagree, he can say that all he wants but don't think he stays if you guys can't get past the 1st round and beyond.
I'd say McDavid to TOR when he's 30 and a free agent is more likely though.

I do like the fact that plainly state you disagree with the words directly from his mouth and replace them with your own wishful thinking. Normally I have to go eight posts and 1000 words deep to get that kind of confession.

Glad you think we're getting McDavid though.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I do like the fact that plainly state you disagree with the words directly from his mouth and replace them with your own wishful thinking. Normally I have to go eight posts and 1000 words deep to get that kind of confession.

Glad you think we're getting McDavid though.

Your theory is he will be given a blank check when he's 27 to stay but why wouldn't both sides agree on him staying 8 years right of his ELC then?
All his prime years bought up and he's a free agent right around 31 and then lock him up again?
I get the money aspect aka rush to free agency, just think him being American, he will eventually play in the US somewhere.

Ya it makes sense, think Tavares deal overlaps McDavid's by a year. Seems like a great way to pass the torch.
Would you rather have Matthews locked up another 8 years at 27 or McDavid at 7 years when he's 30?

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Your theory is he will be given a blank check when he's 27 to stay but why wouldn't both sides agree on him staying 8 years right of his ELC then?
All his prime years bought up and he's a free agent right around 31 and then lock him up again?
I get the money aspect aka rush to free agency, just think him being American, he will eventually play in the US somewhere.

Ya it makes sense, think Tavares deal overlaps McDavid's by a year. Seems like a great way to pass the torch.
Would you rather have Matthews locked up another 8 years at 27 or McDavid at 7 years when he's 30?

Maybe you should read the article that I linked rather than asking 18 different questions that are answered inside by direct quotes from Matthews and Dubas. My "theory" is what the two parties involved in the deal literally said. Those are my final thoughts on the topic, I do not care to argue it any further.

I'd say that I'll see you later, but seeing as you're just another in a long line of posters who take a few months of their time to post inflammatory and antagonistic comments in every Leafs thread they see (pretty sure I saw you voted in the Leafs Board post-draft poll lmao) I don't think I'll see any more of your posts after this. Have a good one and I hope you find inner peace from your Leafs-related demons.

Mar 26, 2010
McDavid will 100% be a Maple Leaf. The kid bleeds blue and white and loves his City Toronto. Take that to the bank. As soon as he is a UFA he will be running out of Edmonton.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
If you get a 23 year old franchise centre in a trade you just shortened your rebuild by 3 years and got the most difficult piece out of the way in the first afternoon.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Maybe you should consider the D and G situation on the Hawks right now before you say a rebuild would be over with bringing in Matthews.

Some of you are so narrow-minded it’s tough to read how you think. It’s not black and white.

Both Matthew’s value/awesomeness and the Hawks not wanting to touch that deal can coexist.

Hopefully that makes sense.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Maybe you should read the article that I linked rather than asking 18 different questions that are answered inside by direct quotes from Matthews and Dubas. My "theory" is what the two parties involved in the deal literally said. Those are my final thoughts on the topic, I do not care to argue it any further.

I'd say that I'll see you later, but seeing as you're just another in a long line of posters who take a few months of their time to post inflammatory and antagonistic comments in every Leafs thread they see (pretty sure I saw you voted in the Leafs Board post-draft poll lmao) I don't think I'll see any more of your posts after this. Have a good one and I hope you find inner peace from your Leafs-related demons.

I asked two questions and the article is behind a pay wall no?

Differing opinions are allowed on this site. Leafs fans always think they are being attacked. We were discussing a contract about one of your players, nothing to do with what I vote on or me finding inner peace.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Unless the Leafs have another guy with the Matthews sir name, why would the do this?

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
With Chicago rebuilding and Toronto going all in for the cup. I propose the following trade:

Chicago

Matthews
Dermott

Toronto

Kane
Boqvist
1st (top 3 protected)

Chicago gets to rebuild around Matthews and add a decent young defenceman. For the Leafs, Kane brings playoff experience and knows what it takes to win a championship, with Boqvist they also add young RH D and a first round pick.

Laughable.. now you just need to make a trade proposal like McDavid for Toews and the Hawks will be all set :nod:

No need to even explain why this is beyond moronic... and any Hawks fans who would say no to this trade may need get their heads checked..

Last edited:
Reactions: SotasicA

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
As a fan of both teams, I was really excited to see what this proposal was.

I was severely disappointed. It makes no sense.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
If the Leafs were to go in on Kane I think Nylander+Sandin+lottery protected 1st is a reasonable package

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Laughable.. now you just need to make a trade proposal like McDavid for Toews and you'll team will be all set :nod:

No need to even explain why this is beyond moronic... and any Hawks fans who would say no to this trade may need get their heads checked..

Wasn’t a hawks fan that proposed this

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Leafs spend the better part of a decade rebuilding and looking for that elusive franchise C. All the stars align and they win the draft lottery and finally draft that franchise superstar they've been missing to build around. As soon as they hit their cup contending window they trade away that player for a guy who's about to turn 32. Brilliant, well thought out idea. :huh:

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Wasn’t a hawks fan that proposed this

Yes i understand.. but Hawks fans saying that they wouldn't do the deal is bonkers.. there's way too many Leafs fans that are just media talking heads as well..

Can we agree on this?
/Lock thread lol

Mar 26, 2010
Haha... explain why it makes NO sense for the Hawks?? Please.. I'd really love to hear your fantastic pov? :naughty:
No kidding. The best Young raw goal scorer in the NHL today. But yeah....don’t need him on my team. :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad