Proposal: Hawks - Leafs

holdyoucloser2003

Mar 11, 2020
Marietta, Georgia
With Chicago rebuilding and Toronto going all in for the cup. I propose the following trade:

Chicago

Matthews
Dermott

Toronto

Kane
Boqvist
1st (top 3 protected)

Chicago gets to rebuild around Matthews and add a decent young defenceman. For the Leafs, Kane brings playoff experience and knows what it takes to win a championship, with Boqvist they also add young RH D and a first round pick.

Mar 26, 2010
HECK NO from Toronto. Matthews is Not getting traded.

No one has scored more goals than Matthews since he has entered the NHL, other than OV. He is the best young goal scorer in the NHL today. The stats back it up www.nhl.com

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
*If he leaves.
The part about his post that tickled me was when he said, "If the Hawks have interest" as if there was a question in whether or not a franchise would be interested in having Auston Matthews.

This whole thread cracks me up. Especially when a look through the OP's profile indicates a barely used account that's primarily used to discuss trading Matthews.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
LMAO

LMAO

LMAO

Only one team would say no to this.

The Hawks would easily say no to this.

Matthews is a stud, but a rebuilding team about to struggle doesn’t move a 1st and their own stud D. IF (since that’s the word of the thread) the Hawks moved their elite W in his prime, it wouldn’t be for 4 years of Matthews while they struggle.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

kb

Aug 28, 2009
The part about his post that tickled me was when he said, "If the Hawks have interest" as if there was a question in whether or not a franchise would be interested in having Auston Matthews.

This whole thread cracks me up. Especially when a look through the OP's profile indicates a barely used account that's primarily used to discuss trading Matthews.
It's fantastic how non-Leaf fans make brutal trade offers where the Leafs get taken to the cleaners, and then when the reasonable Leaf fans come in to say no, they are "typical Leaf fans overvaluing everything".

Mind you , every trade return the Leafs get is SHOCKING to those same non-fans.

Here's the schtick. Been like that since day 1.

Player A - (non-Leaf) - value = A*10 = HF value
Player B - (Leafs) - value = B/10 = HF value.

Rinse, repeat.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
The Hawks would easily say no to this.

Matthews is a stud, but a rebuilding team about to struggle doesn’t move a 1st and their own stud D. IF (since that’s the word of the thread) the Hawks moved their elite W in his prime, it wouldn’t be for 4 years of Matthews while they struggle.

If you get a 23 year old franchise centre in a trade you just shortened your rebuild by 3 years and got the most difficult piece out of the way in the first afternoon.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
"With Chicago rebuilding and Toronto going all in I propose Chicago trades their 1st round pick to Toronto"

Ummm

Reactions: dukeofjive

kb

Aug 28, 2009
"With Chicago rebuilding and Toronto going all in I propose Chicago trades their 1st round pick to Toronto"

Ummm
Yup, that part is......zooom.

Just a horrible proposition that actually makes both teams worse.

weinsink

Feb 8, 2018
With Chicago rebuilding and Toronto going all in for the cup. I propose the following trade:

Chicago

Matthews
Dermott

Toronto

Kane
Boqvist
1st (top 3 protected)

Chicago gets to rebuild around Matthews and add a decent young defenceman. For the Leafs, Kane brings playoff experience and knows what it takes to win a championship, with Boqvist they also add young RH D and a first round pick.
All in for the cup??:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->