GDT: Hawks @ Kings 9:30 NBC sports Chicago 4/18/24 (The end!)

Geoist

May 1, 2015
Fair enough but it comes down to believing in the roster moves by the GM and what the coaching staff is getting out of them.

I just dont have faith in them at this point.

I understand being critical/skeptical of LR. KD hasn't really done anything yet to lose my trust.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Can't be a free skating offensive DMan if you never have the puck
Its harder, sure, but he also played extremely risk averse. I think he pinched less than any Dman on this team. Yet he should be the one doing it the most. That quote definitely makes it feel like a coaching thing, which is dumb.

pretty blunt quote

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Its harder, sure, but he also played extremely risk averse. I think he pinched less than any Dman on this team. Yet he should be the one doing it the most. That quote definitely makes it feel like a coaching thing, which is dumb.

pretty blunt quote

That is definitely calling out the coaching. I like it.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
You just shouldn't coach a kid out of his style, the style that got him drafted that high to begin with. Its just silly. You live with the mistakes and let him free wheel it a bit. If you're not going to live with that and coach him to be this conservative player then just let him play WHL and be himself this year.
Agreed, just stupid to coach against strengths. He still has a long way to go to learn what he can and can't do with the puck at this level and Richardson had him shy about trying all year. He was always going to be a half decade project defensively.

Anyway glad it's done.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Foligno with the soundbites. Not sure he has the room either.
Wake me up when he gets 2 lines to play hard...or smart, for 2 out of 3 periods.

It's so weird how local media gives the Hawks a leash they would never give to the other big teams.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

pretty blunt quote

It was the nicest way of him saying the junk needs to be removed.

Also to be honest I don’t really have any interest in Foligno as captain. He can be a veteran leader, but your captain has to lead on the ice too. He’s just not that guy anymore.
My guess is they go without a captain again next year.

Reactions: Pez68 and TLEH

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

pretty blunt quote

Pretty clear who is coaching this team, by the way.

Reactions: Behn Wilson

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Announcer and studio guys both said Korchinski's stick not in right place. Stop baby'ing him. He's no longer an NHL rookie as of now.

Kings broadcast blamed Soderblom being off his angle seeing a clear eye shot to the far post.

It's ok if both guys get blame for that.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Is KK an NHL player at this point?

I’m just gonna come out and say it….I’ll be pleasantly surprised if KK ends up as a key piece to the puzzle when it’s all said and done. I just don’t see it happening. And then there’s Vlasic who I feel the exact opposite about. I’m like certain he’s gonna be a force back there for years to come.
Man, I'm glad neither of you are running a franchise. You may be right, who knows, but making these comments about a 19 year old finishing his first year in the NHL is very premature.

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
I'm just glad that was the last game any of us will be forced to watch Tinordi blow a tire behind the net and get scored on.

%&^#$*(^&@%#&^@%#&^^$*(^#&*@%&^$*(%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they're keeping Entwistle. What I want to happen and what I think happens are two different things. Hell they might keep both. They really need an actual bottom six center.
Back in the day there was a player named Ralph Stewart. Skated all day but little if anything happened. 58 meet Ralph Stewart.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Foligno with the soundbites. Not sure he has the room either.
Wake me up when he gets 2 lines to play hard...or smart, for 2 out of 3 periods.

It's so weird how local media gives the Hawks a leash they would never give to the other big teams.

Man, I'm glad neither of you are running a franchise. You may be right, who knows, but making these comments about a 19 year old finishing his first year in the NHL is very premature.
I asked a question. It was a honest one. Yes he’s 19 but we’ve all seen guys called up too early when they weren’t ready. So the question remains, is he an NHL caliber d man at this point or should he have been marinating and developing in the appropriate place.

That house has left the barn but it’s an honest question.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I mean to be honest I thought it was one of his best games of the year. I just thought it was really bad defense.

You are overblowing it. KK is skating forward at him to close down quickly and force him wide, his stick is in the right place as he is doing that because the last thing you want in that situation is for the guy to get to the middle on you while you are moving the other way. He never fully gets pivoted backwards, which is when you would usually try to get more stick on puck since you have better body positioning. You can see he was starting to get his stick over there just as the guy was shooting but it was too late.

Could he have gotten his stick over there quicker? Sure. But for that to be the main thing you harp on for that goal just shows your bias.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I mean I'm not really the type of person to just argue and go around and around about the topic. I disagree with you. I'll just leave it at that.

Reactions: BobbyJet

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Just watched the game on PVR. Some thoughts FWIW:
- fun game to watch to end the schedule
- terrible call on the Dickenson goal. No way was that a kicking motion. The call probably meant that LA faces Edm in the 1st round, rather than Stars. 4th time in a row for this match-up (YAWN)
- lovely goal by 27 illustrating his speed and skill. Hopefully those occasions will become more common for Reichel
- Bedard looked very ordinary again. For some reason he fizzled as the season wound down
- it was a long season

Am I the only one who is tired of seeing the same teams meet to begin the playoffs? I don't like the format at all.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013

Lol you can’t say the slightest little thing around here in the way of criticism without people getting so bent out of shape. Gimme a break. Are we not allowed to make predictions/give our opinions? I mean look back at what I said. It’s not even that bad at all. Some posters are way too sensitive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad