Confirmed with Link: Hawks ink Darling to 2-year contract extension

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Mark Lazerus @MarkLazerus · 5m 5 minutes ago
#Blackhawks announce a two-year contract extension for Scott Darling, runs through the 2016-17 season.

Stan Bowman told me last month that he fully expected to keep both Antti Raanta and Scott Darling next year. Starting to wonder about that.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hopefully this means Raanta is being bundled in a trade.

Shaw/Bickell+Raanta+ to Edmonton for Petry?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hopefully this means Raanta is being bundled in a trade.

Shaw/Bickell+Raanta+ to Edmonton for Petry?

I would rather trade Shaw+Ranta+2nd for Petry (salary retained hence the higher pick).

I personally like Raanta but he will not do well here playing the amount of games he has. Darling is a better choice to back up Crow due to his size. I say this because it is a lot harder to stay sharp when you are more dependent on athleticism than you are on size.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
#Blackhawks announce a two-year contract extension for Scott Darling, runs through the 2016-17 season.

Stan Bowman told me last month that he fully expected to keep both Antti Raanta and Scott Darling next year. Starting to wonder about that.

Or they try to package Corey up to a team that has a ton of cap space and go back to the cheap goalie, load up at skaters model they've historically done under the Bowmans.

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
Or they try to package Corey up to a team that has a ton of cap space and go back to the cheap goalie, load up at skaters model they've historically done under the Bowmans.
Could be possible. But do you think they'd ship crow out of here before seasons end?

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010

Crawford getting shipped outta Chicago would make me happy.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It's a good thing Courtney hasn't been on in a few hours. She'd die from hearing all of you talking about trading Crow.

Seriously, we should not trade Crawford.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I hope not. I don't have the faith some here have in darling at this point. Also I'm a huge crawford homer, if that's not painfully obvious.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Could be possible. But do you think they'd ship crow out of here before seasons end?

No, offseason. Hence the extension on Darling and comments by Bowman they'll be trying to keep both next year. I don't know if this move means a Raanta trade is imminent. It's just that type of slump where they're trying to do anything possible, which could mean Corey taking a seat for a few games.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Yes please.

From day one the Crawford resigning screamed McD. It just went against everything the Bowmans do in net. I like Crawford, but with one year left on his deal and a lot of people saying there goes Crawford and Hammer, then both get resigned, one on a great deal, the other on a pretty average one. IDK. It just did not seem like a Bowman type deal. Especially after going cheap in net the prior few years. But McD has stressed a merit based organization that pays based on performance, and Crow being really the Conn Smythe winner, that was his reward.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
There is no way Crawford is getting traded.

I agree. I don't think the cap hit is the problem, its the term. He's got 3 years too many extra. But I also wouldn't put anything past this organization to fit in who they want. They did it with Campbell. We'll see. I don't think any core player gets moved now, but this summer a whole lot can change with the makeup of this team if things don't turn around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad