Hawks have nothing in Raanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010
This thread reminds me of Duncan Keith chihuahua on skates. Raanta may very well end up being a journey backup goalie. But its way too early to write him off.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Raantas 5 hole was pathetic. Completely overmatched in the shootout. Other than that, great game.

Can Brookbank play goalie?

edit: Also Selannes shot would have gone in if it didnt hit the post.

Yes- he has to work on that 5 hole/change-up got him a couple of times.

I rate his glove as way better than Crow's... Crow- 5 hole is better and he is bigger.

Ironically, in pre-season Raanta was outstanding in SO vs. some Capital's star players.
But I have seen CC flop on his belly several times in SO's too. That 2nd SO goal was pretty god- but the changeup - 5 hole was bad.

The kid will be fine... Goaltending/ like pitching/ takes a lot of mental toughness...
and from I read- the kid is pretty tough.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Was the guy that bad?? Only saw the shootout and yeah, he looked just horrible.

However, he is a good goalie by European standards; very good in the FEL last season.

BUT the show sounds like a bit too bright and big place for this humble guy whose weaknesses seem to have been finally exposed: overplaying, weak coverage, small stature, sucks in shootouts, weak rebound control --- just name it! (IS HE REALLY THAT BAD SUDDENLY?? )

In last year's WC bronze game Finland vs. USA it was a match-up between Gibson and Raanta; and it was pretty close: both were good - yet Gibson was better: his stature and calmness were evident in the game. And in the shootout, Galchenyuk made the same move twice on Raanta and USA won the bronze: I thought already then it won't be easy for him in the NHL.

Last edited:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I didn't think he looked all that bad during the regular game especially considering how new he is to the North American game and the NHL. He was bad in the shootout, though.

Crawford better not get injured this year :help:

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
my favorite part of this thread is that it came off a game in which he gave up only 2 real goals.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
2-0-1 with a .918 SV% after his first three NHL starts and he'll never be NHL backup material!

Heh.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
aD0D9NB_460sa.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad