Post-Game Talk: Hawks extinguish red hot Kings, 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Exactly the kind of game you want to have after last nights disaster.

Toews looked good tonight.

CertainAffinity*

Strong team defense all around. I want to see a long stretch of games with this kind of play away from the puck.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
The Hawks are clearly much more skilled than Kings. It was definitely evident in their breakouts and transition game.

Good win.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well they wanted it...played hard on the puck...skated..won puck battles..shpported each other...played the right way for 3 periods...no let-up...Q willbe happy for this rebound game..Toews was the best player on the ice...as finally...after 12 consecutive way off games he stopped the lollygagging and actually skated with hustle...bac-checked hard. ..rushed hard..won battles...got take-aways..was great even though no goals...but 2 difference-maker assists...but more important than the production was that he was clicking with his line...making them dangerous with lots of scoring chances and o-zone play..That is how he should play...not the half-effort play we saw from him in the dozrn games prior..back to leader by example..I hope this.is not a one-off from him..because we need this type of effort from himthe majority of games remaining...not just the odd reminder of how good he can be when he wants it.bad enough..So I hope this portends he is back to normal...setting the tone for.how the team must compete hard for 3 periods...I hope this is bye-bye to mail it in Johnny and hello to earning the paycheck Johnny. He did "earn" first star of the game...and may he "earn".many more...but it makes you wonder why it took him so long to bust his ass for the team again after a dozen lollygag games..

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Well they wanted it...played hard on the puck...skated..won puck battles..shpported each other...played the right way for 3 periods...no let-up...Q willbe happy for this rebound game..Toews was the best player on the ice...as finally...after 12 consecutive way off games he stopped the lollygagging and actually skated with hustle...bac-checked hard. ..rushed hard..won battles...got take-aways..was great even though no goals...but 2 difference-maker assists...but more important than the production was that he was clicking with his line...making them dangerous with lots of scoring chances and o-zone play..That is how he should play...not the half-effort play we saw from him in the dozrn games prior..back to leader by example..I hope this.is not a one-off from him..because we need this type of effort from himthe majority of games remaining...not just the odd reminder of how good he can be when he wants it.bad enough..So I hope this portends he is back to normal...setting the tone for.how the team must compete hard for 3 periods...I hope this is bye-bye to mail it in Johnny and hello to earning the paycheck Johnny. He did "earn" first star of the game...and may he "earn".many more...but it makes you wonder why it took him so long to bust his ass for the team again after a dozen lollygag games..

Kane has been playing great.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
This is the way this team can play, I have no worries about this team when it plays like it did last night. It has it's occasional stinker (NSH, COL, TOR), that brings out all the so called experts that think they know more than coach Q, and then all of them go silent the next game after the stinker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad