Post-Game Talk: Hawks def Canes in shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
we don't play close to what we are able to and have a 4-1-1 record... Hossa looked much better than the first games. Saad shows he is for real again and again and again.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
So anything short of a dynasty is insufficient? You do know a team has not repeated in this century, so it is no easy task. We won 2 cups in 4 years in the salary cap era, we had to let several key players go. We are playing multiple rookies. We are 4-1-1, how is that so bad? Now we have to win every game by multiple goals and look great each game doing it?

I want to win the cup again, but I understand how hard it is. We push as hard as we can an hope to make a run in the playoffs. If we don't get the crown this year I am not going to label the season an ultimate failure, considering it is the hardest sport there is to win it all.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
So anything short of a dynasty is insufficient? You do know a team has not repeated in this century, so it is no easy task. We won 2 cups in 4 years in the salary cap era, we had to let several key players go. We are playing multiple rookies. We are 4-1-1, how is that so bad? Now we have to win every game by multiple goals and look great each game doing it?

I want to win the cup again, but I understand how hard it is. We push as hard as we can an hope to make a run in the playoffs. If we don't get the crown this year I am not going to label the season an ultimate failure, considering it is the hardest sport there is to win it all.

And at the other end of the spectrum, the team cannot rest on it's laurels and cannot pretend that every decision since 2010 was the right one, even though we were able to win it all again. One of the beautys of the game is we can always be better, top to bottom - and with Toews and Kane a year older and wiser and most of our other core players in their prime, there is no reason to think we can't repeat.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
^ If there is one thing I know, it's that this team knows how to win the close games. Some teams can have all the talent in the world, but never learn it, and therefore won't ever win the cup (Vancouver and Washington come to mind, even Edmonton and the Rangers). We lost a bit of that with Bolland heading out (he's helping Toronto now), but when the chips are down, for the most part I usually feel they're going to get it done, just like the Bulls of yore.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
most good teams wouldn't come into that position/close games... good teams win this without trouble and finish them off before the SO lottery begins.

That's what good teams usually do when talking about this Canes game.

No, I'm not saying we don't have a good team. In fact I think the other way around. We play like **** and still get the W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad