Post-Game Talk: Hawks def Canes in shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Again a strong 20 minutes, pot a few goals and think they can coast to a win for the other 40. PK improved and the PP sucks, all is right with the world in that sense.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Not the best effort but at least they won. Crawford had a great game.

I wanna see Saad on the first line for a bit, Bickell hasn't done much to deserve the minutes so far beyond his contract.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Holy crap, i just got back from the store and noticed Bickell's picture was on the back of my milk carton....

Seriously, Sharp and Hossa broke out in a big way tonight. Crawford was great. We have to figure out how to extend leads instead of blowing them, teams are getting confident they will come back on us. Bottom line we have 9 points of a possible 12, that's pretty damn good. St Louis game is a big early season match Thursday so lets get our problems sorted and play a full 60 minutes.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Bickell has done nothing this season. Leash has to be getting pretty short as far as him being on the first line is concerned.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
The top two lines each have an anchor weighing them down. Handzus was a total joke out there.

The sad thing is that I agree than Handzus was a joke despite the fact he did a few good things. He made an unbelievable play on that pass to Sharp and won a couple big draws on the PK, but his defense was horrid. The biggest example was Semin's goal.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
The top two lines each have an anchor weighing them down. Handzus was a total joke out there.

He was ookkkaaayyy in the first, but he really seems to wear down late in games. He was very brutal in his own zone. Then again most of the team was after the first period.

Anyone with a WTF moment when Handzus was the chosen center in the 4 on 3 in overtime? He actually did okay, but I think it's Pejorative Slured to put a slew of foot forward on the ice when pursuit and covering ground is even more paramount.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Biggest positive tonight was Hossa. He was a beast defensively and looked like his old self on offense as well. Sharp finishes a breakaway (which means he'll fail on his next 20) and elevates his 2% SO% by scoring the only SO goal.

We looked good in the first period only to look completely disinterested and lazy the rest of the game. Our sticks in the defensive zone were horrid after the first and the numerous passing and clearing mistakes (Nordstrom on the last goal with the lazy clear) gave Carolina many undeserved chances. We've been very careless and lazy as the games go on, it's its something we need to solve sooner rather than later. It's early, but pissing away points will likely cost us in some way, shape, or form it it continues.

Let's keep the foot on the gas and put teams away.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
This is a horrible take on it. Regular season performance will dictate seeding and even if they make the playoffs. I don't buy in to waiting for the playoffs to prove yourself.

If anyone thought Bryan Bickell was ever going to be a 4 million dollar player in the regular season, then I have some beachfront property in Nebraska to sell you.

The physical game he brought in the playoffs doesn't exist in the regular season. If you don't understand the difference in playoff hockey from regular season hockey, and how it relates to Bickell's game - then I don't know what to say to you.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
If anyone thought Bryan Bickell was ever going to be a 4 million dollar player in the regular season, then I have some beachfront property in Nebraska to sell you.

The physical game he brought in the playoffs doesn't exist in the regular season. If you don't understand the difference in playoff hockey from regular season hockey, and how it relates to Bickell's game - then I don't know what to say to you.

He did not get paid 4 million dollars to perform only in the playoffs. There may be a difference in play but you're overstating it. That's great if the Hawks get booted in the 1st round and Bickell was paid for 5 or 6 games by your estimation.

I for one was not happy with the contract because I how inconsistent he has been over the years. He earned the contract on a relatively short sample size. It's a gamble but it's still way early in the season. I want to see more from him. To give him a pass until the playoffs is ridiculous. :help: Get a couple other players on that program and you don't make the postseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad