Hawks camp in Sweden

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Barry Smith was leading the practice today. Dano is an exceptionel player. I really like Hartman too.

It was great to see the Djurgården players really giving there all against the best Chicago players.

I don't really know what to tell about today. The played for 90 min and around 30 players was involved. Most of my time was spent trying to figure out who everyone was.

Did you see Panarin and how did he look?

Were there non-Hawk NHL players there today?

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Did you see Panarin and how did he look?

Were there non-Hawk NHL players there today?

Panarin skipped the open practice today. But Tikhonov played.

Yes, Djurgården players played too. Marcus Sörensen, Patrick Thoresen, Tomi Sallinen, the best players.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Panarin skipped the open practice today. But Tikhonov played.

Yes, Djurgården players played too. Marcus Sörensen, Patrick Thoresen, Tomi Sallinen, the best players.

Thanks. I appreciate the eyewitness account.

Hopefully Panarin participates tomorrow and the remaining days.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Thanks. I appreciate the eyewitness account.

Hopefully Panarin participates tomorrow and the remaining days.

Apparently he took part in the early session today. But not the one that was open to the public.

I don't know if this is Hawks related or not, but all the coaches leading the practice today were from the Hawks development team, but one. Andreas Johansson, just fired from HV71 last season. He is in no way associated with Djurgården. I think he knows Anders Sörensen... But I dunno why he was taking part. Maybe someone Hawks have an interest in hiring? Just speculating.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
http://www.difhockey.se/artikel/5746/
Here is an interview with our president of hockey operations KG Stoppel. I'll translate and transcribe it for you.

Reporter: Right now a practice session with both Chicago Blackhawks and Djurgården are taking place behind us. What the reason behind this?

KG: It's an exciting week. Chicago is the best hockey team in the world. Stanley Cup Champions. They play a style of hockey that is influenced by the european style. Speed and puck possession. For us it's about learning from them. And there is also a reason for them to be here. The know that Djurgården is a good organization who is on their way up. I hope that this is the first step to find a lot more areas and opportunities to work together in the future.

Reporter: How do you think it's going so far? There is a lot of people on the ice. The coaches have been talking a lot with each other.

KG: Yes, it's about communicating if we want to do these practice session with both players from Chicago and Djurgården. And also a few more NHL players with Djurgården connection. And also about learning from each others expirences. So far it's looks very exciting.

Reporter: What will this bring to the players? As we can see some of the best young talent in Europe is on the ice right now.

KG: Hopefully it's an inspiration and very motivating for the players to take part in these kinds of session with many of the best young players from Sweden, Europe and some from North America.

Reporter: What's the next step between Chicago and Djurgården?

KG: First of all we are focusing on making the best of this week, but I've had discussions with the management group of Chicago and we're going to evaluate how this went and then we'll see what the next step could be.

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
http://www.difhockey.se/artikel/5746/
Here is an interview with our president of hockey operations KG Stoppel. I'll translate and transcribe it for you.

Reporter: Right now a practice session with both Chicago Blackhawks and Djurgården are taking place behind us. What the reason behind this?

KG: It's an exciting week. Chicago is the best hockey team in the world. Stanley Cup Champions. They play a style of hockey that is influenced by the european style. Speed and puck possession. For us it's about learning from them. And there is also a reason for them to be here. The know that Djurgården is a good organization who is on their way up. I hope that this is the first step to find a lot more areas and opportunities to work together in the future.

Reporter: How do you think it's going so far? There is a lot of people on the ice. The coaches have been talking a lot with each other.

KG: Yes, it's about communicating if we want to do these practice session with both players from Chicago and Djurgården. And also a few more NHL players with Djurgården connection. And also about learning from each others expirences. So far it's looks very exciting.

Reporter: What will this bring to the players? As we can see some of the best young talent in Europe is on the ice right now.

KG: Hopefully it's an inspiration and very motivating for the players to take part in these kinds of session with many of the best young players from Sweden, Europe and some from North America.

Reporter: What's the next step between Chicago and Djurgården?

KG: First of all we are focusing on making the best of this week, but I've had discussions with the management group of Chicago and we're going to evaluate how this went and then we'll see what the next step could be.
thanks for info and translate.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
This thread and one other on another blog are the only places I've seen anything on this camp. There hasn't been an update here or the other thread in a couple days. I appreciate the posters who have contributed but I'm kind of amazed more posters and more sites aren't hungry for Hawks stories to report on and discuss. I wonder if the Kane story sucked the enjoyment out of the summer so completely that many people/sites have just "turned off" hockey until the season gets going?

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Did the Pro Camp in Sweden actually happen or did I imagine this? I can't find any reports or anyone posting about this anywhere for the last 3 or 4 days. I thought it was open to the public so I assumed we would get reports daily but there's been nothing after the first day or two. Curious ...

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Did the Pro Camp in Sweden actually happen or did I imagine this? I can't find any reports or anyone posting about this anywhere for the last 3 or 4 days. I thought it was open to the public so I assumed we would get reports daily but there's been nothing after the first day or two. Curious ...

They only had it open for the public one day. I don't know why the Hawks haven't mentioned anything about this at all. Djurgården likes to work behind close doors sadly. I'm too am suprised that sites and blogs haven't been hungry for news about this. It's august... Nothing else is happening.

One of the Djurgården employees showed me a schedule when I was there. I took a shacky photo of it. I can show you...

schema.jpg

http://s12.postimg.org/olqogajwd/schema.jpg Click on URL for bigger photo

I'm sorry that I have nothing more to report other than that the Hawks crew with Barry Smith and the rest was attending and watching Djurgården play Tappara in the Champions Hockey League.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
They only had it open for the public one day. I don't know why the Hawks haven't mentioned anything about this at all. Djurgården likes to work behind close doors sadly. I'm too am suprised that sites and blogs haven't been hungry for news about this. It's august... Nothing else is happening.

One of the Djurgården employees showed me a schedule when I was there. I took a shacky photo of it. I can show you...

schema.jpg

http://s12.postimg.org/olqogajwd/schema.jpg Click on URL for bigger photo

I'm sorry that I have nothing more to report other than that the Hawks crew with Barry Smith and the rest was attending and watching Djurgården play Tappara in the Champions Hockey League.

I didn't realize it was open to the public only one day. That's too bad. And thank you for what you were able to report - you were the only one though - that's the disappointing part. Oh well ... only a few more weeks till training camp :handclap:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I find it interesting enough that they took Radke over there after his good showing in the Hawks camp. Maybe that kid is one to watch after the good showing + the org choosing to send him over to this camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad