Post-Game Talk: Hawks allegedly win 2-1 in Vancouver, can't prove because WGN WGN'd it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
That's Q's political way of telling the media Rozy blew hard, Sheldon was an upgrade on defense at that point, and since Smith was playing so well, he could cover both bottom-six lines in Brookbank's forward absence.

Q wasn't going to tell everyone Rozy had a terrible game.

Rozy wasn't playing bad enough to be replaced by Brookbank in my opinion. That was more along the lines of what I meant. I know that is what Q meant by choosing to go that route.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
It's like when they were in the SCF...they hardly score, but fixate on Luongo.

Yeah, I like laughing at Luongo when he 7uon6o's it up as much as anybody, but when it really matters there's been a load of of more applicable places you can put the blame on that team as of late in the playoffs.

In their last 16 playoff games (i.e. - three full playoff series), they've scored 24 goals. I'm sorry, but you're not going to do much damage if your team's only scoring 1.5 goals per game regardless of who's in net.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Yeah, I like laughing at Luongo when he 7uon6o's it up as much as anybody, but when it really matters there's been a load of of more applicable places you can put the blame on that team as of late in the playoffs.

In their last 16 playoff games (i.e. - three full playoff series), they've scored 24 goals. I'm sorry, but you're not going to do much damage if your team's only scoring 1.5 goals per game regardless of who's in net.

Exactly - they were all so pissed at Luongo for giving up 4 goals in that game 7 vs the Bruins...but neglect the fact the game was a shutout

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Exactly - they were all so pissed at Luongo for giving up 4 goals in that game 7 vs the Bruins...but neglect the fact the game was a shutout

Yup. Luongo's cost them some games, I won't deny that... but their lack of scoring is the real culprit for their last three losing handshake lines.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Roszival's been pretty bad this year. He's making slow, poor decisions and that was his biggest strength last year. He wasn't quick, and he's still not, but he made smart, quick decisions with the puck.

At this point, Brookbank is an upgrade on Roszival but Kostka's probably an upgrade on both.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Roszival's been pretty bad this year. He's making slow, poor decisions and that was his biggest strength last year. He wasn't quick, and he's still not, but he made smart, quick decisions with the puck.

At this point, Brookbank is an upgrade on Roszival but Kostka's probably an upgrade on both.

He's had a few good games but has also had a few stinkers. I think getting Kostka/Brookbank back in the lineup and giving Rozy some rest would be very beneficial in the long run.

w00d

Remember the Roar
Oct 14, 2011
Chicago Stadium
Smith has done himself a big favor with a strong last two games. It was likely down to he and Morin to go down to Rockford when Handzus plays. I think number 28 earned some more time with the big club.

Smith isn't going to Rockford. He would not survive waivers. They might trade him somewhere, but he isn't going to be waived to be sent to Rockford.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
I'm surprised there are a bunch of people on the Canucks board blaming Luongo for the loss. Did they watch the game?

It's really frustrating. We score 1 goal in 5 of the last 7 games, but apparently Luongo gets scapegoated for allowing 2.

Anyways, it was a really great game. Very close, wide open, exciting to watch. You guys played a very tight game, Keith was absolutely fantastic.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
No, but there were a few games recently where Brookbank got a nod over Morin ar RW on line three. That was before was sent down.

I hate to drag this back to that, but the reason was because Hjalmarrsson was banged-up, so they played Brookbank at wing so they could dress 7 defensemen in case Hjammy couldn't play his mins.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
He's had a few good games but has also had a few stinkers. I think getting Kostka/Brookbank back in the lineup and giving Rozy some rest would be very beneficial in the long run.

Yeah, Rozy had a rough start. I thought he was turning the corner, but he was kinda bad last night. There does need to be more a rotation there to keep Rozy fresh for the playoffs.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yeah, I dissed Smith a few games ago as his play was rather ho hum. Since, he has looked strong.

Nice win, and the 4th line gets the winner. This is what SC contenders do.

Toews needs to wear armour out there. I can't believe all the hacking with sticks he gets nightly, and the refs miss, or choose to ignore, almost all of 'em.

Meanwhile, Saad slaps Keslers stick, and to no surprise, Kesler embellishes and we get the 2 minutes. Oduya was victimized by Keslers antics as well. Ridiculous.

Shaw had a busy game, much of it negative from lack of discipline, but scores and we win so all is forgiven.... but I'm sure the coaching staff will have a word with him.

Nothingman*

Yeah, I dissed Smith a few games ago as his play was rather ho hum. Since, he has looked strong.

Nice win, and the 4th line gets the winner. This is what SC contenders do.

Toews needs to wear armour out there. I can't believe all the hacking with sticks he gets nightly, and the refs miss, or choose to ignore, almost all of 'em.

Meanwhile, Saad slaps Keslers stick, and to no surprise, Kesler embellishes and we get the 2 minutes. Oduya was victimized by Keslers antics as well. Ridiculous.

Shaw had a busy game, much of it negative from lack of discipline, but scores and we win so all is forgiven.... but I'm sure the coaching staff will have a word with him.

Me too. He has stepped it up the last few games. On the 4th line Bollig is the poorest the last 10 games or so.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It's really frustrating. We score 1 goal in 5 of the last 7 games, but apparently Luongo gets scapegoated for allowing 2.

Anyways, it was a really great game. Very close, wide open, exciting to watch. You guys played a very tight game, Keith was absolutely fantastic.

Lou kinda ruined his great effort with the Kruger goal.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Lou kinda ruined his great effort with the Kruger goal.

In a game like that, one soft goal is the difference. Luongo has been fine this year — not winning us games but not really costing us games — there is simply a growing frustration with him getting outplayed by the goalie at the other end, which has happened numerous times. I think a lot of Canuck fans are having a hard time adjusting their expectations for Lou, he's playing at the level I expected for a guy entering the back part if his career.

However, you guys are correct that the majority of the Canucks struggles can be hung on the offence, especially the PP, which was winning the team Presidents' trophies just two short seasons ago. Luongo can shoulder some blame but most of it falls on the teams lack of finish.

I hate Keith so much, but he is the best D in the league. He's looking like a Norris winner this year.

Unfortunate for Stanton that his one bad pinch cost him, he's generally been a perfect #6 for the Canucks.

I do believe if the Hawks stay healthy, you repeat as champs. Canucks aren't really on the Hawks level anymore.

Nothingman*

I thought Lou played well. Especially in the first period. The second goal was a little weak but I think he was not expecting Kruger to shoot and that is what opened the 5 hole up. With the Canucks they don't have that strong third line they used to and the second line is not performing up to their usual standard. It might be just one of those years where a team struggles to score.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well I was wrong...we did show up to play and compete for an entire game for a change..And CC played one if not the best game for him of the season so far...and 2 and 7 also had one if not the best defensive game they have displayed to date this season..STILL. ..despite ALL THOSE VERY GOOD THiNGS, we barely eked out a 1 goal win thanks not to any of our stable of star forwards on the first 2 lines who could not score any goals...but rather to the grints...Shaw and Kruger...so call me a glass half empty guy because to me it was a checkmark for VAN that they stymied our big stars into a FAIL when we see other teams and their stars give VAN all kinds of scoring to beat them..In other eords our TEAM DYNASTY was held to meh offensively in supposedly another statement game..Yes we put a statement on SJ out of the WC contenders..but if we cannot dominate STL, COLORADO, ANAHEiM and good heavens...barely beat VAN despite some of the best efforts by previous slackers and a top effortvfrom CC..then this is hardly an endorsement ofhow good we are supposed to be even if we compete hard.. SO again the chiclen vs. egg issue: To play good defense for a change, it looks like we sacrificed offensive effort..or VAN's defensive effort was too stiff a wall for our talent to break through? In other wUTords...hardly the victory of a dynasty team. The level of excellence required to blow VAN or any "good team" out of the building is a level of 2 way play where you can beat a rival by several goals..not just by one goal..So hardly anything to gush about.. Wake me up when WE can put an Av's like 5-1 licking on these supposed contenders or even those teams like VAN who are not even at the top of the heap. Of course I am not complaining about the win...BANK THE POINTS must always be the first objective..BUT a one goal eke-out is hatdly cause to get giddy about..we Still need lots to improve on.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
EVUgKGe.jpg

No wonder we couldn't do anything in the first :sarcasm:

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
Well I was wrong...we did show up to play and compete for an entire game for a change..And CC played one if not the best game for him of the season so far...and 2 and 7 also had one if not the best defensive game they have displayed to date this season..STILL. ..despite ALL THOSE VERY GOOD THiNGS, we barely eked out a 1 goal win thanks not to any of our stable of star forwards on the first 2 lines who could not score any goals...but rather to the grints...Shaw and Kruger...so call me a glass half empty guy because to me it was a checkmark for VAN that they stymied our big stars into a FAIL when we see other teams and their stars give VAN all kinds of scoring to beat them..In other eords our TEAM DYNASTY was held to meh offensively in supposedly another statement game..Yes we put a statement on SJ out of the WC contenders..but if we cannot dominate STL, COLORADO, ANAHEiM and good heavens...barely beat VAN despite some of the best efforts by previous slackers and a top effortvfrom CC..then this is hardly an endorsement ofhow good we are supposed to be even if we compete hard.. SO again the chiclen vs. egg issue: To play good defense for a change, it looks like we sacrificed offensive effort..or VAN's defensive effort was too stiff a wall for our talent to break through? In other wUTords...hardly the victory of a dynasty team. The level of excellence required to blow VAN or any "good team" out of the building is a level of 2 way play where you can beat a rival by several goals..not just by one goal..So hardly anything to gush about.. Wake me up when WE can put an Av's like 5-1 licking on these supposed contenders or even those teams like VAN who are not even at the top of the heap. Of course I am not complaining about the win...BANK THE POINTS must always be the first objective..BUT a one goal eke-out is hatdly cause to get giddy about..we Still need lots to improve on.

What if we can't blow out top teams.....does that mean we can't go all the way ? Who is blowing out top teams in the west on a regular basis ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad