Confirmed with Link: Hawks acquire Josh Bailey and 2026 2nd round pick for Future Considerations

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Josh Bailey's agency is Newport. They have a very strong stable of players. Also, the agency represents Nick Foligno.

This might be a favor to the agents, who might be able to help the Hawks out later.

Reactions: Muffinalt

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
No downside here. He will help the kids then return another decent pick at the deadline. This is how you do it. I was begging for them to bring in talent and not just let the kids suck for 3 plus years. They are doing exactly that..Hall, Foligno, Bailey all solid vets that can help teach these kids what it means to be a professional.

Now Perry, lol...no comment. Hate that f***er but maybe he can play a protector role and moved out for a bag of pucks at the deadline.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
No downside here. He will help the kids then return another decent pick at the deadline. This is how you do it. I was begging for them to bring in talent and not just let the kids suck for 3 plus years. They are doing exactly that..Hall, Foligno, Bailey all solid vets that can help teach these kids what it means to be a professional.

Now Perry, lol...no comment. Hate that f***er but maybe he can play a protector role and moved out for a bag of pucks at the deadline.
Bailey is getting bought out as a favor probably for the agent. Hawks receive 2nd round pick. The same agent has Perry extend ... ultimately Hawks retain and trade to a contender for another good future asset? Perry should fetch something decdnt in the trade market.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Happy Hawks got 2nd in this as I advocated for it for a while

Would have liked 2024 but 2026 is fine

Hawks now have

Leafs 2026 2nd
Hawks 2026 2nd
Isles 2026 2nd

Pretty surprised we are buying him out though instead of just having him as vet on 3rd line wing. I dont like that

Last edited:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
they bought a future 2nd for cap space which is what every cap dump deal is, who cares if they bought him out, maybe he didn't want to play for a team that will probably be bottom 5 in the standings

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Isles fan coming in peace. You won’t find a better guy than a Josh Bailey. He’s going to be great for all your young players and in your room. He still has game left and can play anywhere in the lineup. Smart hockey player just physically isn’t what he used to be take care of our boy.
You see how much of an amazing mentor Bailey is! He called Connor Bedard after he was traded, and then in one conversation all his mentor work was done so the Hawks just bought him out. Bailey is a Legend. Whatever Connor Bedard amounts to he has Bailey to thank for that phone call and conversation. I just hope Corey Perry doesn’t undo everything Bailey did for Bedard.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
It sounds like the Islanders and his agent got assurance from the Blackhawks that they would buy out Bailey if the trade went through (NBC Sports). The Islanders weren't going to force a player they respect to be stuck in a place he did not want to be. Note: there weren't lot of teams willing to absorb that $5mn sticker price.

The Hawks did right by Bailey ... that trust probably pushed the same agency to help sign Perry to the Hawks. I'm sure the Hawks will help Perry move to a contender at the TDL if he wants another shot at a Cup. Until then, he'll help protect Bedard on the ice.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It sounds like the Islanders and his agent got assurance from the Blackhawks that they would buy out Bailey if the trade went through (NBC Sports). The Islanders weren't going to force a player they respect to be stuck in a place he did not want to be. Note: there weren't lot of teams willing to absorb that $5mn sticker price.

The Hawks did right by Bailey ... that trust probably pushed the same agency to help sign Perry to the Hawks. I'm sure the Hawks will help Perry move to a contender at the TDL if he wants another shot at a Cup. Until then, he'll help protect Bedard on the ice.

Sorry but that is nonsense

Agents aren't helping Hawks and they certainly weren't able to nudge Perry to come to Chicago

The major overpayment of $ is why Perry came to Chicago

He was not getting anything like that and there were no guarantees a contender would sign him or be able to afford him.

Reactions: Pertti

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Sorry but that is nonsense

Agents aren't helping Hawks and they certainly weren't able to nudge Perry to come to Chicago

The major overpayment of $ is why Perry came to Chicago

He was not getting anything like that and there were no guarantees a contender would sign him or be able to afford him.
BWC - you obviously don't know how professional sports work. Sorry ... not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you.

There is no doubt $4mn was a huge factor. I completely agree. Perry's also made $92mn in his career. He took $1mn contracts ($3mn cap hits) to chase Cups the last 4 years. He certainly outplayed his contract with Tampa especially in the post season. The Hawks overpaid by $1mn to $1.5mn ... but why would Perry suddenly want to play for an extra million when he's been Cup chasing for minimal pay? Could it be Perry and his agent trust the Hawks to do the right thing at the trade deadline? Relationships between an agent and team matter. You should hear the stories in the NBA and NFL.

Check out Corey Perry's performance the last 2 years. He still matters ... especially in the post season. It's not much worse than Taylor Hall.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00