Confirmed with Link: Hawks acquire Anthony Beauvillier from Vancouver for a '24 5th

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Canucks forgot to include a second round pick. I thought that was the standard now when we got Dickinson.

Reactions: Pez68

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
While I have no problem with losing a 5th round pick, this is a trade that could've been entirely prevented if Davidson had made better offseason signings.

We're losing a 5th out of negligence.

It's not a big deal because it doesn't hold much value, but you can chalk this one up as a careless mistake regardless.
This is total nonsense, everyone spoke to how much of a mentor a positive influence he would be for the young guys this season. Even the coach behind the bench campaigned to have Perry brought on board after seeing him work with Montreal’s young guys. We are not talking about a Deangelo here who has left behind a trail of bad decisions.

Perry obviously didn’t work out but he only cost a 7th round pick, no big loss. Now they give up a 5th for Beauvillier which is also partly due to losing Hall being injured, again no big deal. The Hawks may be able to flip Beauvillier at the deadline for equal to or better then what it took to acquire him.

Reactions: Blackhawksfirecoach

Pile

May 5, 2015
Chicago
The 5th round pick is hardly a concern considering the glut of picks we have in the next few drafts and the need for warm bodies in our NHL lineup.

Maybe something will click for him here with more ice.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
40 points last year, has speed and can play up and down the lineup. If he can get in a groove with Bedard and Kurashev or something he instantly becomes one of the team's best deadline trade chips with that remaining retention slot. Well worth chancing a 5th even if the Blackhawks weren't desperate for NHL caliber players right now.

Reactions: MarotteMarauder

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
he might be someone to consider extending if the $$ is ok. turns 27 over the summer. pretty consistent 15-18 goals. as long as gets paid like a 3rd liner. what about 4 year 14 mil (3.5 AV) if he looks ok.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
The conditional 2024 5th being traded is a mystery to me? The Canucks get the better of Chicagos or Calgarys(from the Ryan Carpenter trade)…but if I’m not mistaken it hey already traded in the BETTER of these two to Toronto in the MCabe/Lafferty deal?

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
He’s a pending UFA just like Perry was

He joins Foligno, TJohnson, Dickinson, Mrazek, Tinordi, Zaitsev and Blackwell as trade deadline candidates

Last season they moved Kane, Domi and JJohnson but weren’t able to get ‘value’ for Athanasiou, Tinordi, Stalock and Khaira…eventually resigning AA and Tinordi

I’m hoping for returns on Foligno(leadership), Dickinson(he’s improved so much) and if Beauvillier earns the love from Hawks fans(he’s only 26)…

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
he might be someone to consider extending if the $$ is ok. turns 27 over the summer. pretty consistent 15-18 goals. as long as gets paid like a 3rd liner. what about 4 year 14 mil (3.5 AV) if he looks ok.
Extend or Flip I think. Worst case scenario would be to keep and then he walks, but it's also not the end of the world.

Reactions: Sinbad

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
I feel like Beauvillier may end up being a decent surprise for us. He had suppressed minutes in Van, along with minimal quality PP time. At 26 years old, I hope he gets his opportunity and runs with it and we are pleasantly surprised and willing to sign him. Would love to find a quality long-term piece for a 5th.

Otherwise, TDL that som'bitch.

Last edited:

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
The conditional 2024 5th being traded is a mystery to me? The Canucks get the better of Chicagos or Calgarys(from the Ryan Carpenter trade)…but if I’m not mistaken it hey already traded in the BETTER of these two to Toronto in the MCabe/Lafferty deal?
mccab needs to play 21 games to it to become a 5th he is at 14. If it becomes a 5th most likely TOR gets the higher pick vancouver get the lower pick

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
mccab needs to play 21 games to it to become a 5th he is at 14. If it becomes a 5th most likely TOR gets the higher pick vancouver get the lower pick
The 21 games played by McCabe refers to the other cond.5th in the deal…it’s a 2025 5th that would become a 2025 3rd if he doesn’t play a minimum 21 games…I shared the capfriendly trade…

The 21 games Lauer by McCabe refers to the other cond.5th in the deal…it’s a 2025 5th that would become a 2025 3rd if he doesn’t play a minimum 21 games…I shared the capfriendly trade…

Attachments

• F12BD8CF-A614-4582-A0E7-F754B659A17F.png
    F12BD8CF-A614-4582-A0E7-F754B659A17F.png
    354 KB · Views: 5
  • 33A1BB8B-98D1-423F-8A95-32EB066713F8.png
    33A1BB8B-98D1-423F-8A95-32EB066713F8.png
    257.6 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Mrfenn92

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
While I have no problem with losing a 5th round pick, this is a trade that could've been entirely prevented if Davidson had made better offseason signings.

We're losing a 5th out of negligence.

It's not a big deal because it doesn't hold much value, but you can chalk this one up as a careless mistake regardless.
Most 5th round picks never even play in the NHL And among the ones that do, very few actually stick around for a meaningful career.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Gustav Forsling was a 5th round pick
Not sure if you're being sarcastic but would you like someone to name the 98% of other 5th round picks that never played in the NHL?

AB fills an immediate need which is a well-skating body that can play across the lineup, especially on this team. The 5th is nothing to us and we are almost at the point where we have too many picks/prospects and need legit assets due to contracts possible, etc.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
About 2/3 of NHL players were drafted in the first three rounds. The remaining four rounds and undrafted players (that account for about half the remaining number) are fighting for the remaining scraps.

For fun, best 5th round picks in Blackhawks history:
Andrew Shaw - 5th round (139th overall) in the 2011 NHL Draft
Marcus Kruger - 5th round (149th overall) in the 2009 NHL Draft
James Wisniewski - 5th round (156th overall) in the 2002 NHL Draft
Kyle Calder - 5th round (130th overall) in the 1997 NHL Draft

No pick is invaluable but obviously some picks are more valuable than others. Aside from those, it's basically a graveyard of players nobody's heard of. Isaak Phillips on the current roster was a 5th round pick, we'll see where he goes from here. Nice thing about Beauvillier is with the Hawks remaining retention slot, he can likely be flipped for a higher pick at the deadline for a higher pick where he could have some value to somebody as a depth guy

Reactions: ChiHawks10

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Not sure if you're being sarcastic but would you like someone to name the 98% of other 5th round picks that never played in the NHL?

AB fills an immediate need which is a well-skating body that can play across the lineup, especially on this team. The 5th is nothing to us and we are almost at the point where we have too many picks/prospects and need legit assets due to contracts possible, etc.
Yes I was being a smart ass

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
imagine carping about moving our 5th rounder, especially given our prospect pool and how many picks we've piled up
Hawks have SEVEN picks in the first three rounds…and 6th…not too shabby, 7 picks in the top 96…and many tradeable players still to move

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad