Confirmed with Link: Hawks acquire Anthony Beauvillier from Vancouver for a '24 5th

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
So not that it’s a huge deal but why has Davidson traded two 2024 5th conditionally based on which ever is the better of the two they have…Chicago’s and Calgary’s…how can this be possible? How do they decide who gets the better?
Whoever has it in the conditions of the trade.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Exactly as I expected. Someone who can bury the slick feeds that Bedard sends his way.
Oh ya he can really bury them ha, 2 berries in 23 games lol. Who likes these garbage takes I don’t understand, this statement is backed by zero facts or logic?

• Haha
Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Oh ya he can really bury them ha, 2 berries in 23 games lol. Who likes these garbage takes I don’t understand, this statement is backed by zero facts or logic?

He averages 15+ goals a season for his career. It's someone who actually has some scoring touch, unlike most of the rest of the roster, currently. Who else on this roster averages 15+ goals a season? Care to point it out?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
when Hall went down they needed to bring someone in...good trade and signing. lets see if Bedard can light a fire under his ass...AB has been known to be a lazy SOB which causes problems with his game

That said, AB does have a decent shot and a nose for the net

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Entwistle is garbage for an NHLer. Below average shot, below average speed.

It's a good thing they're garbage again this year. Any serious NHL team wouldn't have a player like Entwistle or Reese Johnson anywhere near the big club.

Katchouk has actually been playing "his" best hockey as of late but he's being sat :laugh: and I'm far from a Katchouk fan. He's another JAG that's on the roster.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
when Hall went down they needed to bring someone in...good trade and signing. lets see if Bedard can light a fire under his ass...AB has been known to be a lazy SOB which causes problems with his game

That said, AB does have a decent shot and a nose for the net

Since when is Beauvillier "known to be a lazy SOB"? That's never been my impression of him. As a Canuck, or even before that as an Islander.

The problem with Beauvillier is that his offensive skillset is just not that great, which makes him extremely inconsistent and streaky. He's got just enough to sometimes catch fire for a bit, but he's not nearly skilled enough to drive anything on his own. He's not really a pure goal scorer. He's a very mediocre passer and playmaker. But he shows little flashes where the hockey sense he showed in Jrs shines through and he just gets himself to the right spots a lot.

If anything, he's prone to long stretches of play where he hustles around accomplishing literally nothing.

Hope for the Blackhawks sake, that he goes on one of those little heaters with Bedard and fills the role he was brought in for. But even if he does...i'd be wary of re-signing him with any term. Even given the Blackhawks being in the depths of their rebuild...i just don't think you can rely on smaller samples with Beauvillier. He looked ~*on paper*~ like a bona fide Top-6 Winger with Elias Pettersson for a stretch after he was acquired last year. But he was fizzling out hard before the end of the year and started this season looking...completely listless. Not for lack of effort, just genuinely not getting anything done with the miles he'd skate.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI and Crow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad