Hawk All Time C?

Hawk All Time C

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
1971, game 7, home ice ... w/ a 2 goal lead ...
First time ever got my heart broke. And I ain't hardly kidding either. Walked around like a zombie for a week.
8th grader - life would scar up my ticker a couple more times but yeah ... that loss WAS brutal.
I could sign my name to this verbatim save for the 8th grader part ... I was in grade six. :)

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
IMHO it's Mikita by a nautical mile.

Toews' tantrum in the 2013 Detroit series is working against him here.

I always see this 2013 "meltdown" brought up but clearly a lot of you don't remember that game. Toews is practically being mugged that entire game, and the second he used the exact same "hard" style of play, he was penalized. Zetterberg was getting away with murder on the ice and never assessed a penalty.

You're going to respond with "he's the Captain, he should never act like that, etc." but if you rewatch the game, just focus on Toews, and it is ridiculous.

Also, how do you know that the "meltdown" didn't actually help the Hawks? I've played sports at a semi-professional level, and I know that if a leader like Toews is losing his mind, for a guy who is typically quite composed, I'd be fired up without question.

Anyways, I always see this take on his "meltdown" but I think few understand it. It always feels like couch-coaches, that have never really experienced a high level of sport, that are critiquing him.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I always see this 2013 "meltdown" brought up buy clearly a lot of you don't remember that game. Toews is practically being mugged that entire game, and the second he used the exact same "hard" style of play, he was penalized. Zetterberg was getting away with murder on the ice and never assessed a penalty. You're going to respond with "he's the Captain, he should never act like that, etc." but if you rewatch the game, just focus on Toews, and it is ridiculous. Also, how do you know that the "meltdown" didn't actually help the Hawks? I've played sports at a semi-professional level, and I know that if a leader like Toews is losing his mind, for a guy who is typically quite composed, I'd be fired up without question.

Anyways, I always see this take on his "meltdown" but I think few understand it. It always feels like couch-coaches, that have never really experienced a high level of sport, that are critiquing him.
This is accurate.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I always see this 2013 "meltdown" brought up but clearly a lot of you don't remember that game. Toews is practically being mugged that entire game, and the second he used the exact same "hard" style of play, he was penalized. Zetterberg was getting away with murder on the ice and never assessed a penalty.

You're going to respond with "he's the Captain, he should never act like that, etc." but if you rewatch the game, just focus on Toews, and it is ridiculous.

Also, how do you know that the "meltdown" didn't actually help the Hawks? I've played sports at a semi-professional level, and I know that if a leader like Toews is losing his mind, for a guy who is typically quite composed, I'd be fired up without question.

No, I'm going to respond with "Yelling at the refs all the time is never going to get you the benefit of the doubt in their eyes." From one armchair coach to another.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
IMHO it's Mikita by a nautical mile.

Toews' tantrum in the 2013 Detroit series is working against him here.
The tantrum that lasted a measly 5:34 of game time out of the 21,396 minutes he's played for the Hawks? In a series they won, followed up by a Cup?

Tough crowd.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
1971, game 7, home ice ... w/ a 2 goal lead ...
First time ever got my heart broke. And I ain't hardly kidding either. Walked around like a zombie for a week.
8th grader - life would scar up my ticker a couple more times but yeah ... that loss WAS brutal.
Beverly Theatre for Closed Circuit broadcast...1st Lemaire from Center Ice, then Henri took over..HUGE OUCH.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad