Hawk All Time C?

Hawk All Time C

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Kinda impossible choose - like picking a favorite son / daughter - but a "Pause" time filling break in the action "chew the fat" question for ...

Jonny T seems definitive but Stan Mikita? How not to give?
And my own choice, too - Keith Magnuson.
Not to mention guys maybe those outside "the room" might not think but inside it, respected & admired.
Dirk Graham comes to mind if not, Johnny Gottselig. (WhoTF, Huh? T/y hockey-ref dot com. ;-)

Actually, way I'd get around would be no C at all but 3 As and rotate the pregame, in game, after game duties ...
Think might actually be preferred by the players too - imagine pre game ceremonial puck drops get kinda "old" after 50-100 doing ...

-------
Error spelling Stan Mikita. Shameful, but corrected after pointed out. Can't figure poll editing or would.

Last edited:

Crow

May 19, 2014
It’s not very close to me. Mikita was just a far better individual player and Toews’s team and leadership achievements don’t outweigh that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaners PPGs

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
"... Hawks made more SCF appearances with Mikita than Toews. They ran into some hot goalies and some great MTL teams. No shame in losing to those Habs teams.

1971, game 7, home ice ... w/ a 2 goal lead ...
First time ever got my heart broke. And I ain't hardly kidding either. Walked around like a zombie for a week.
8th grader - life would scar up my ticker a couple more times but yeah ... that loss WAS brutal.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
@20 sec mark. Save on Pappin in the final minute.
No tv (blacked out by Dollar Bill), Lloyd Pettit sounded like he'd had a heart attack calling it on the radio. Hearing it every fan listening's heart sank. too - if I may speak for all of us.
Post game, Pappin said he couldn't believe Dryden got over to make it.

--------
Slow the YT playback setting to 0.25 speed, Pappin actually starting to raise his arms in celebration.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marotte Marauder

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Too young to have seen this but heard my dad mention it many many times. How the hell does he not bury that, even Saad would have.

Reactions: KWP

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Ask the question again when Toews is either no longer the C of the hawks and I will answer.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
It’s not very close to me. Mikita was just a far better individual player and Toews’s team and leadership achievements don’t outweigh that.

I think they do. Captain has to do with a lot more than skill... haven’t you ever seen the Mighty Ducks?

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
IMHO it's Mikita by a nautical mile.

Toews' tantrum in the 2013 Detroit series is working against him here.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
@20 sec mark. Save on Pappin in the final minute.
No tv (blacked out by Dollar Bill), Lloyd Pettit sounded like he'd had a heart attack calling it on the radio. Hearing it every fan listening's heart sank. too - if I may speak for all of us.
Post game, Pappin said he couldn't believe Dryden got over to make it.

--------
Slow the YT playback setting to 0.25 speed, Pappin actually starting to raise his arms in celebration.

Enjoy, have a Kleenex handy.

Last edited:
Reactions: KWP

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Thank you to whichever moderator corrected my spelling error in the poll name list.

No excuse but perhaps a slight - very slight - mitigating factor explanation: had recently been shopping a replacement power drill.

That's my story & I'm sticking to it. ;-) But no joke thanks again the fix - did relieve a not minor wince realizing the mistake.

---------
Addem - Apology delay in acknowledging, stops by HFawks not as much these days ...
Not end of the world but not what preferred either. Oh well ... That's hockey, baby.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad