Havlat

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
Does anyone know when the deadline for compliance buyouts is?

Something tells me with the Sharks financial "woes"...they are really trying to avoid a Havlat buyout as much as possible.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Does anyone know when the deadline for compliance buyouts is?

Something tells me with the Sharks financial "woes"...they are really trying to avoid a Havlat buyout as much as possible.

There's no way Havlat's playing on the Sharks so they have no choice but to buy him out or trade him and retain 50%. It makes no difference if they buy him out today or on the 30th.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
There's no way Havlat's playing on the Sharks so they have no choice but to buy him out or trade him and retain 50%. It makes no difference if they buy him out today or on the 30th.

Oh definitely. But the fact that they haven't done it yet while others have just tells me that they are really pushing hard for a trade (even if it means retaining salary). I don't expect a buyout announcement until after the draft at this point.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Oh definitely. But the fact that they haven't done it yet while others have just tells me that they are really pushing hard for a trade (even if it means retaining salary). I don't expect a buyout announcement until after the draft at this point.

They should push regardless of their financial situation. He's the highest paid pending UFA out there - some cap team may need him to reach the floor.

The other buyouts either wouldn't have helped any team reach the floor or the team that bought them out did so to avoid future recapture penalties.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Speculating here… but the longer they wait to buy out Havlat, the less time and opportunities he will have to sign with another team. Waiting possibly puts the screws to Havlat to consider more options for trade opportunities.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Speculating here… but the longer they wait to buy out Havlat, the less time and opportunities he will have to sign with another team. Waiting possibly puts the screws to Havlat to consider more options for trade opportunities.

I think it's all the same - UFA signings can't happen until July 1st and it's not like he'll be a hot commodity. Probably a mid-July/August signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad