Havlat

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Any idea when he will be bought out? I know I read DW was attempting to trade him but does anyone think that will actually happen?

Nobody will take him most likely but there is no rush to buy him out.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Nobody will take him most likely but there is no rush to buy him out.

Every day he wakes up and walks down the stairs is a potential injury. DW is a gambling man. :sarcasm:

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Still a little worried that we haven't heard anything yet. I know DW is exploring all of his options, but after these playoffs it's best not to piss off the owners and fans that keep you employed.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
Every day he wakes up and walks down the stairs is a potential injury. DW is a gambling man. :sarcasm:

staircase-chair-lift.jpg

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Does anyone know if havlat, or anyone for that matter, gets a non work related injury, would they be in eligible for a buyout? If the answer is yes then dw needs to ship him ASAP, if no I have no problem waiting to try and get a return if possible.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Does anyone know if havlat, or anyone for that matter, gets a non work related injury, would they be in eligible for a buyout? If the answer is yes then dw needs to ship him ASAP, if no I have no problem waiting to try and get a return if possible.

Thought it was limited to work injury only. Otherwise, players would hurt themselves outside of hockey to prevent a buyout.

No waivers needed if there is a NMC in place. Sharks can just buy him out.

Thanks. Then if the above is true, doesn't matter when he is bought out as long as it's done before June 30th.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Thought it was limited to work injury only. Otherwise, players would hurt themselves outside of hockey to prevent a buyout.

Thanks. Then if the above is true, doesn't matter when he is bought out as long as it's done before June 30th.

Thanks that's what I figured too, but the cba is a big thing and I wouldn't put it past the nhlpa lawyers to try and get their clients protected even from outside injuries.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 14s
Wilson doesn’t confirm yet that the plan is to buy out Marty Havlat, but reasserts that Havlat will not be with team next season #SJSharks

oyster

Jan 19, 2011
If Havlat's contract can't force this org to do a buyout, nothing will.

I hope DW isn't planning on finding a team crazy enough to take a chance on Havlat.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
My hunch is that there 3 players that DW wants to buy out: Havlat, Stuart, and Burish. He's probably hoping to trade one of them which is why he wasn't the first in line to announce a buyout of Havlat.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
the oilers have an opening on the 3rd line but 5 mill is way to much to spend. Would a 3rd + Havlat for future considerations be fair value?

the sharks owners get a cash savings of $4,000,000 for a 3rd rounder. Given the recent financial news, that may be ok value ??

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
I think Havlat wants to get bought out, and will not accept any trade. Then he goes to the KHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad