Have the Oilers tuned out Hitchcock?

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
They’re just bad.
It doesn’t matter who gives them the message or if they tune it out.
They are a terribly built hockey team.
It’s not the message.
It’s not the coach.
Look higher.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Another terrible showing against a weak opponent.

This guy seems worse than Todd McLellan.

I have never liked Hitchcock. For obvious reasons and because I hate his brand of hockey. But he is a very good coach.

I didn't mind the hire because he is a very good coach. I didn't mind the hire because of the type of team we have.

But in a league getting faster and more dynamic he is a worse coach than McLellan.

That's not really saying much tho because they are both dinosaurs in today's NHL. They very obviously don't think the game the way it's being played right now and have no answers.

I find it extremely bizarre that our PP hasn't changed despite being average at best with a new coach. I also find it extremely bizarre that the systems seem very similiar. And super suspicious that the only thing the coach seems to do when things are not going well is to do the ol MAC T blender as often as possible.

Personally I thought coaches were supposed to develop lines and chemistry in practice not on the fly every second shift during the games.

I still don't this roster is as bad as many make out. I think we are primarily missing Sekera and Klefbom. I think we would easily be a playoff team if even one of those two guys was fully healthy. I do think Hitchcock was the wrong hire talking big picture.

Flush him with the old boys club and bring in a whole management team that can think in today's environment.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I have never liked Hitchcock. For obvious reasons and because I hate his brand of hockey. But he is a very good coach.

I didn't mind the hire because he is a very good coach. I didn't mind the hire because of the type of team we have.

But in a league getting faster and more dynamic he is a worse coach than McLellan.

That's not really saying much tho because they are both dinosaurs in today's NHL. They very obviously don't think the game the way it's being played right now and have no answers.

I find it extremely bizarre that our PP hasn't changed despite being average at best with a new coach. I also find it extremely bizarre that the systems seem very similiar. And super suspicious that the only thing the coach seems to do when things are not going well is to do the ol MAC T blender as often as possible.

Personally I thought coaches were supposed to develop lines and chemistry in practice not on the fly every second shift during the games.

I still don't this roster is as bad as many make out. I think we are primarily missing Sekera and Klefbom. I think we would easily be a playoff team if even one of those two guys was fully healthy. I do think Hitchcock was the wrong hire talking big picture.

Flush him with the old boys club and bring in a whole management team that can think in today's environment.

Firing him now would be beyond stupid.

Let him finish the year and have his contract expire

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

The thing that drives me crazy is the constant line changes. We used to complain about McLellan mixing up the lines but at least he kept some of them consistent for long stretches of time. Hitchcock mixes them up within the same period. Didn't Puljujaarvi get demoted like 10 minutes into last night's game? What kind of coaching is that?

I don't doubt that Hitch WAS a good coach. I don't think he's a good coach NOW.

Reactions: space321

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Firing him now would be beyond stupid.

Let him finish the year and have his contract expire

I personally don't care if the Oilers pay Hitchcock to stay home.

If we get a new GM with staff and wanting to win now that GM will need a coach to go along with his strategy.

If the Oilers go with a bunch of interm staff the season is most likely over. Who shows up to play for a bunch of Temps that know they are gone after a few months? Interm staff just makes me think they are fine with tanking, again.

Bring in a real GM and president. Have them bring in thier coach. I know time and organization is difficult if not impossible to do it but... try. Don't waste another season with half measures. Klefbom is coming back. We are still in the playoff race. The Oilers need to do this right and do it now as completely and thorough as possible.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Hitch and his dinosaur let's win by one goal strategy are here till the end of the year. No way do they change out coaches again, regardless of what happens from here on out. He is the perfect guy to have them play out the string. This is his dream job, and he is thankful he has it, regardless of the shit. Let's at least let him enjoy it as we head down the sewer again.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don't see him as our coach beyond this season barring a lengthy playoff run (yeah right).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad