Post-Game Talk: Hatric Hornqvist | Penguins 6, Coyotes 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Your post made it sound like he was going to become a UFA and had no qualifying rights. It's 3.9 according to IC, so hopefully whoever is our GM next season wont qualify him. He will sign with some other team.

You don't qualify him and then he goes UFA and he'll no doubt do the Pens a solid and sign for cheap.

Lol he wont sign here cheap if we did that to him.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Your post made it sound like he was going to become a UFA and had no qualifying rights. It's 3.9 according to IC, so hopefully whoever is our GM next season wont qualify him. He will sign with some other team.

Lol he wont sign here cheap if we did that to him.
His stock is rock bottom. How much do you honestly think teams are going to bidding for him with a likely significant cap drop for next season?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'm pretty sure he will.
What we did to him was spend a 3rd to get him out of hockey hell.

Well, if he wants to get rid of bad habits having our coach teach him good habits is the way to go. He's definatly turned this teams bad habits way down from 5+ years of bad Bylsma/Johnston habits.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Well, I mean, some team is going to sign him, and it's not going to be close to 3.9MM.

I imagine that if the Pens treat him with respect and if he acts responsibly, and if there is any semblance of growth and development on his end, the two parties will reach a mutual agreement at far less than 3.9.

Schultz seems to like and respect the Penguins. Given his career arc to this point, the Penguins have the leverage.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
FUN FACT:

Beau Bennett is 3rd on the team (with players remaining in the organization) in hits-per-game.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Who knows, Sully and company could just hate his guts and let him walk.
I'd be very cheap on my UFA offer though.
Take it or leave it.
It's a 3rd rd pick.
I don't care THAT much.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm not sure Schultz will play that much this season either. They'll put in a lot of hours with him, video work, one on one stuff with coaches, etc. and sign him dirt cheap after the season. Then give him a full offseason and see how he looks in camp/preseason.

Yeah this is my guess for what they do too. The curious thing is what they do when Lovejoy comes back, because Cole has been playing well since Lovejoy got hurt. Schultz will probably get a game soon (just so Sullivan sees what he has in him), but my guess is that he'll probably only play in around 5 of the remaining 20 games. Then they'll just re-sign him for cheap and work him into the lineup for next year.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

FUN FACT:

Beau Bennett is 3rd on the team (with players remaining in the organization) in hits-per-game.

Kunitz has 3 times his point production and is the worst human being alive...

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Yeah this is my guess for what they do too. The curious thing is what they do when Lovejoy comes back, because Cole has been playing well since Lovejoy got hurt. Schultz will probably get a game soon (just so Sullivan sees what he has in him), but my guess is that he'll probably only play in around 5 of the remaining 20 games. Then they'll just re-sign him for cheap and work him into the lineup for next year.

i have a feeling #6D will sort itself out by the time Lovejoy is healthy.

If Cole plays at a high level over the next 20 games, you roll with him and don't bring Lovejoy in cold for the playoffs (my opinion).

If he struggles, you probably try to find Schultz some games and just hang on tight until Lovejoy is back.

In any event, I don't think it'll be a tough decision when the time comes.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Maybe if schultz looks good he can make daley expendable. Although we've already seen what happens when you judge a player based on a 20 or so sample. Either way I think daley will be traded this summer.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm pretty sure he will.
What we did to him was spend a 3rd to get him out of his personal hockey hell.

It really depends on how he likes the coaching he is getting from Gonchar & Martin to help him gain some confidence in his abilities and help him close the gap in the deficiencies in his game.

If he doesn't like it, then he SHOULD move on.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Maybe if schultz looks good he can make daley expendable. Although we've already seen what happens when you judge a player based on a 20 or so sample. Either way I think daley will be traded this summer.

Pens should not trade Daley. Trade Cole and Kunitz if you need the cap space and re-sign Andersen and give that guy a shot as a 3rd pairing Dman on the cheap.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
i have a feeling #6D will sort itself out by the time Lovejoy is healthy.

If Cole plays at a high level over the next 20 games, you roll with him and don't bring Lovejoy in cold for the playoffs (my opinion).

If he struggles, you probably try to find Schultz some games and just hang on tight until Lovejoy is back.

In any event, I don't think it'll be a tough decision when the time comes.

Unless they make it difficult. :laugh:

rookie skater

Jan 25, 2016
+++ Winning (splendidly) on game that Penguins is supposed to be winning
++ Fleury
++ Hornqvist, Crosby, Kunitz, Letang, Maatta
+ Malkin, Kessel, Hagelin
+ Cullen, Rust, Kuhnhackl
+ Cole

- PP teams need to be more effective

HM: Plotnikov (solid debut game with the Coyotes)

Real test for Penguins is tomorrow ofc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad