Hathaway spits on Gudbranson (suspended 3 games)

SixStrings

Nov 7, 2019
The Flames need Hathaway back.

On a more serious note, spitting is not cool. Or sucker punches.

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
Think he will get suspended for spitting.

Next time better just to slash your opponents testicles with your stick. That's only a small fine.
Live and learn.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I don't even spit on the ground... Spitting in someones face is completely f***ed up. Thats something i'd never, ever do.

It's alarming to see that some people are kind of OK with what he did, and that's f***ed too.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
I don't even spit on the ground... Spitting in someones face is completely ****ed up. Thats something i'd never, ever do.

It's alarming to see that some people are kind of OK with what he did, and that's ****ed too.

This is my most favorite thread ever.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
What does clocking someone in the face get you on VH1 in 2008?
One guy knocked someone else out and won the show anyway I'm pretty sure.

Then again, someone legit murdered their girlfriend and still won something on VH1 so I don't know that NHL players should model their behavior based on these examples.

Dec 19, 2008
NoVA
How much respect is conveyed in a sucker punch?
1*pvQJZKYf7WQZwTG8kGYQmQ.gif

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Yeah dude, I am well aware that spitting on someone is a sign of disrespect. "And punching isn't?" is the exact response to that interesting factoid. Go on the street and ask the average person if they'd rather be spit on or clocked in the face. Hell, better ask why every judicial system in the world considers a blow to the head a worse crime than a bit of saliva to the face. How many people have died from spits to the face? How many people have suffered permanent brain damage from spits to the face? Spoiler: it's literally zero. You talk about living a sheltered experience and proceed to cite hockey culture as if punching people in the face is generally perfectly acceptable behaviour.

Everyone here watches hockey. We know fighting and concussions are just "part of the game." That doesn't somehow negate the abursidity of said hockey culture turning a blind eye to severe brain trauma and acting like disrespecting a man's honour by spitting in his face is the crime of the century. It's ****ing archiac.

Damn you killed him

You'd be in the minority then, not just in hockey but the world in general. This wasn't comparable to some blindsided assault on the street, as if there was no prior context between the individuals involved. Nobody is "turning a blind eye" to brain trauma just because what Hathaway did was completely unacceptable. Him spitting is the topic at hand here, after all.

I bet if you took a poll of every player in the league and asked which players actions were more out of line, the overwhelming result would be Hathaway. It has nothing to do with some hockey culture BS you're talking about, it's the fact that spitting is and always has been viewed as one of the lowest and most disrespectful things one can do. There have been scrums and late punches for years and NOBODY responds the way Hathaway did no matter how wronged they felt they were. Spit in somebody's face in real life unprovoked and let me know how that turns out for ya.
You got KOd. Take the L with grace

Reactions: LeafsLegendAkiBerg

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm the opposite of you. I sometimes spit on the ground but never sucker punch people in the face.
How many players have been sucker punched/cheap shotted in a skirmish over last 30 years? Its a fairly normal occurance...
But i cant think of 1 time someones spit on someone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad