Hat trick for Sidney Crosby

illpucks

May 26, 2011
You want to rethink that nonsense?

Stamkos, in many, many fewer games (664) is 0.52 goals per game over his career. 2 Rocket's.

Crosby, in many, many more games is (864) 0.48 goals per game. 2 Rocket's. Lost out to more due to injuries.

"Nowhere near".

giphy.gif
Crosby got a Rocket in an Ovi down year where he didn't hit 45.

He has 1 more goal than William Karlsson in that campaign.

He isn't the same caliber of goal scorer as Stamkos. Stamkos has physical injuries that have affected his scoring.

Was about to take your post seriously but you admit in your message that you are a troll it says very clearly "I troll harder than poppy"

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express

He isn't the same caliber of goal scorer as Stamkos. Stamkos has physical injuries that have affected his scoring.

Was about to take your post seriously but you admit in your message that you are a troll it says very clearly "I troll harder than poppy"

Nice spin.

Crosby over a longer career has produced goals at almost exactly the same rate as Stamkos with the same amount of Rocket Richard's. Lost out on a likely 60 goal season due to Steckel being a piece o shit slug that he was on top of that. Oh, and he's led the postseason in goal scoring as well. Let me know when Stammer does that.

You saying he's "nowhere near" Stamkos in terms of goal scoring ability doesn't pass the eye test or math test (stats). At his peak, Crosby was a 50+ goal scorer and was on pace for 64 at the midway point of the 2011 season.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
So when I predict that Crosby will win the Rocket, get back to back smythes it's a "jinx thread"

But when Crosby homer @BenchBrawl does the same it's not?

Great logic dude.

Your posts are all over the place ..

You say you predicted Crosby to win the rocket and to win the CS, but youre in here(and other threads) downplaying everything he does.

Carry on tho

Didnt expect you to be in full meltdown mode this early on. Its only been one game. You usually wait til the Pens beat the Caps.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
And? St. Louis has the same amount of Art Rosses

Not nearly the same thing, bud.

The PPG isn't close between Marty and Crosby. And Marty only won his second Art Ross 4 points ahead of Crosby, Crosby missed 14 games that year.

Stamkos GPG is .52
Crosbys GPG is .48

That's very close.

Now lets use postseason goal scoring stats.

Stamkos has 15 goals in 49 playoff games.

Crosby has 60 goals in 149 playoff games.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Not nearly the same thing, bud.

The PPG isn't close between Marty and Crosby. And Marty only won his second Art Ross 4 points ahead of Crosby, Crosby missed 14 games that year.

Stamkos GPG is .52
Crosbys GPG is .48

That's very close.

Now lets use postseason goal scoring stats.

Stamkos has 15 goals in 49 playoff games.

Crosby has 60 goals in 149 playoff games.

30.6 (Stammer)

40.3 (Crosby)

Shit, looks like Stamkos is nowhere near Sid as a postseason goal scorer.......

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
And? St. Louis has the same amount of Art Rosses

You say Crosby only one the Rocket in a down year for Ovie,

Give Crosby 3 more ARTs then due to injuries. Including one over St. Louis who finished with 4 more points yet played in 12 more games.

Anyway, like I said..not a good look. Used to actually laugh at your threads, not taking them seriously..figured you were just trolling. Now youre in full meltdown mode already.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
You say Crosby only one the Rocket in a down year for Ovie,

Give Crosby 3 more ARTs then due to injuries. Including one over St. Louis who finished with 4 more points yet played in 12 more games.

Anyway, like I said..not a good look. Used to actually laugh at your threads, not taking them seriously..figured you were just trolling. Now youre in full meltdown mode already.

Because I reply to Daver's ridiculous claim that Sid is on Stamkos level for goals I'm in meltdown mode? You're looking for a fight when I'm simply replying to Daver.

I'd ask why you are but it's pretty clear. The Crosby crowd is being outnumbered by the Mcdavid crowd on here so they use one game feats to vent their collective anger over this new reality on these boards. Hopefully you realize that you are just part of that.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Because I reply to Daver's ridiculous claim that Sid is on Stamkos level for goals I'm in meltdown mode? You're looking for a fight when I'm simply replying to Daver.

I'd ask why you are but it's pretty clear. The Crosby crowd is being outnumbered by the Mcdavid crowd on here so they use one game fears to vent their collective anger over this new reality on these boards. Hopefully you realize that you are just part of that.

Nothing to do with McDavid or Stamkos or any other player

Anyone can look at the countless number of threads you create saying one thing, and then when something you dont like happens..say another.

You make a number of threads saying the Pens are the best...Crosby is the best..etc. Then come in threads like this and say otherwise.

I wont put a label on it :laugh:...

Reactions: 99664987
Jun 16, 2008
Blighty

We really aren't going to bring up an injury disadvantage with one of these "Crosby vs." measuring stick arguments, are we? Come on now.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
And its the thousands of people like you who obsess over him that adds to his popularity.

Keep contributing.

LOL, it is ironic isn't it? The chihuahua posters do their best to make the things they hate most always topical. Western Canadian fans do that for the Leafs.

I can understand Philly fans giving you a hard time, you're in the same state. Washington to some degree, but not so much anyone else.

Congrats on a convincing first game, hope your guys blow all their energy before we face you.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
LOL, it is ironic isn't it? The chihuahua posters do their best to make the things they hate most always topical. Western Canadian fans do that for the Leafs.

I can understand Philly fans giving you a hard time, you're in the same state. Washington to some degree, but not so much anyone else.

Congrats on a convincing first game, hope your guys blow all their energy before we face you.

I was gonna post last night that the Pens need to face the leafs, because there seems to be alot of respect from both fanbases for each team..for that to end :laugh: .

For all of the hate the Leafs fans get, I havent seen them hate on Crosby like many of the other fans. And usually acknowledge his accomplishments as well as the teams.

Maybe its because the Leafs have a star of their own and a young team who are kind of built like the Pens were early on. They did it the right way and remained patient. Unlike the Oilers FO trying to go all in immediately, setting themselves back.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I was gonna post last night that the Pens need to face the leafs, because there seems to be alot of respect from both fanbases for each team..for that to end :laugh: .

For all of the hate the Leafs fans get, I havent seen them hate on Crosby like many of the other fans. And usually acknowledge his accomplishments as well as the teams.

Maybe its because the Leafs have a star of their own and a young team who are kind of built like the Pens were early on. They did it the right way and remained patient. Unlike the Oilers FO trying to go all in immediately, setting themselves back.

Well he is the Captain of team Canada.

I cant speak for anyone else but Sid is my 2nd favorite player. McDavid is 3rd but some of his boosters make it hard....

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Wolf Larsen

Jan 10, 2017
We really digging back 5 years? Member when Pitt had their way with Boston in 91?
I tried to find the quote but couldn't. Something from the Bruins coach at the time talking after a loss that the Bruins were backing off from the Pens expecting the puck to come out of their noses or something to that effect. It was a great line.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
We really aren't going to bring up an injury disadvantage with one of these "Crosby vs." measuring stick arguments, are we? Come on now.
Concussions are serious but he recovered fully. Stamkos had physical injury on same severity scale as Erik Karlsson. Neither have been the same.

beir32

Feb 1, 2010
I haven't read up on the NHL rule book lately so maybe someone can help me out…how many angry posts on a message board does it take before the league takes away Crosby's Conn Smythe(s)?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad