Hat trick for Sidney Crosby

Saku11

Jan 25, 2010
Playoff hattie an NO celebration. Sid be like " we aint done nothing yet boys" . One of the great leaders of our time. Thats the leadership you win a Cup with. God i like him more and more.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Lindros_for_rizzle_

Oct 20, 2005
Crosby is getting more overrated by the minute. He scores three goals when the game is over and the ignorant arguments pops up. It´s the same reason he won his previous Smythe's, severely tarnished awards heavily based on reputation. They hold no value in any all-time argument, when they can be argued for being the two weakest Smythe's of all time. He might win it fairly this season, let´s see.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Crosby is getting more overrated by the minute. He scores three goals when the game is over and the ignorant arguments pops up. It´s the same reason he won his previous Smythe's, severely tarnished awards heavily based on reputation. They hold no value in any all-time argument, when they can be argued for being the two weakest Smythe's of all time. He might win it fairly this season, let´s see.
I actually feel like you know nothing about hockey after reading this. The only argument Anyone has about him winning those is he didn’t lead in points. Now he scores a hat trick and is crapped on. He deserved every trophy doing everything to help his team. Yeah he score the 5th,6th,7th goals.... still 3 more then the lousy flyers scored when the went out and got completely embarrassed

Reactions: The Shovel Penguin

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada

That moment when you realize Crosby has 110 more playoff points than Lindros...

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Has the highest single run playoff goal total too.

I wonder when it will be OK to put Crosby with Stamkos as a goalscorer given the gap in playoff goals scored and playoff GPG.
Never. Stamkos is a different caliber of goal scorer

JudgeandJury

Jun 17, 2009
Perfect example of why win probability needs to be utilized to measure performance value. The Pens win probability was greater than 98% immediately before Crosby's first goal. The goal boosted the Pens win probability to greater than 99%. The last two goals had minimal impact.

Quite possibly the least valuable hat trick in NHL history.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Playoff hattie an NO celebration. Sid be like " we aint done nothing yet boys" . One of the great leaders of our time. Thats the leadership you win a Cup with. God i like him more and more.

I don't want to downplay the hatty, 3 goals is 3 goals but he scored then 5th, 6th and 7th goal in a 7-0 win

Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017

ok i gotta start adding people like these to my ignore list, place would be much easier to read...

also lol at Illpucks being salty Crosby got a hattrick....i guess all those jinx threads didn't work, eh?

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Perfect example of why win probability needs to be utilized to measure performance value. The Pens win probability was greater than 98% immediately before Crosby's first goal. The goal boosted the Pens win probability to greater than 99%. The last two goals had minimal impact.

Quite possibly the least valuable hat trick in NHL history.

There he is

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012

I'm sure it was due to the situation.
If his hat trick made the game 3-2 he definitely would have celebrated.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
ok i gotta start adding people like these to my ignore list, place would be much easier to read...

Makes it even more fun to read after the Pens win / Crosby does great.

The responses like that are what I look forward to seeing after. And they never fail to deliver.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
also lol at Illpucks being salty Crosby got a hattrick....i guess all those jinx threads didn't work, eh?
So when I predict that Crosby will win the Rocket, get back to back smythes it's a "jinx thread"

But when Crosby homer @BenchBrawl does the same it's not?

Great logic dude.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Crosby puts up points but is nowhere near Stamkos talent level for goalscoring.
He isn't Iginla's level either.

You want to rethink that nonsense?

Stamkos, in many, many fewer games (664) is 0.52 goals per game over his career. 2 Rocket's.

Crosby, in many, many more games is (864) 0.48 goals per game. 2 Rocket's. Lost out to more due to injuries.

"Nowhere near".

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce