Hasso Plattner.. 2 years in, do we like him now ?

bbison

Oct 16, 2004
San Jose
I would have liked him better pre-salary cap era. I think he's ultra-competitive and crazy rich enough to have gone all Detroit with the budget if he thought it would get a Cup.

(Of course, that approach never really worked in say...Philly. So who knows?)

Owen

Roster Guru
Sep 13, 2003
"Willing to spend?" Maybe the roster, but it's been blatantly obvious that the budget on fan experience has been cut tremendously over the past two years. I've never felt like the Sharks have had an ownership group that was so "profit-first" the way these guys are.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
Virtually irrelevant what the fans think of him in a negative capacity, unless they're willing pony up the $ to buy him out. Doubtless many fans will vent hot air here though...

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'd mostly agree. I'd swap York and Wolff. York, to me, is at the bottom actually. Davis at least has hired a good coaching staff. Oh, but looks Davis and the Raiders will be removed from this list altogether by next year...
I wouldn't. At least York with all his shortcomings got a stadium in the bay area. Wolff still has done nothing on that front.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
I am fine with Hasso. I think people just like to make up stories in their head about him or owners in general "not wanting to win". There are very few owners who are actually like this (yes they exist). The Sharks have no internal cap which is all I ask of an owner, and I like DW so really no complaints from me as far as staffing goes.

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
No internal cap - terrible TV contract out of his control. I have no complaints. Take it from a 49ers season ticket holder.... Sharks could do a whole lot worse

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Jed is 100x better than his parents were, however. Jed may not know what he's doing, but I believe he fully cares about winning. Thats... better?

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
Jed is 100x better than his parents were, however. Jed may not know what he's doing, but I believe he fully cares about winning. Thats... better?

Disagree completely. The stadium was rushed, terrible turf, and lacks character. For all that we were promised, I feel we got taken.

And as far as his professionalism - he seems to be socially unaware. Acting like a child, making public statents condemning his own staff.

I don't know many owners who don't have a desire to win. PS - the 49ers have plenty of cap space so I really don't know what you are talking about when you say he's a decent owner.. Name one way Jed's been better than Plattner.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
He's paying for the team and keeping them in San Jose while paying for prospects' salaries too. Spent a lot of money this summer to see the Sharks get better/increase ticket sales.

I like him.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
At the very least I can take him for his word. Said last year was a retool, was just that. Said they needed new defenseman and would add in other areas, did that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad