Has this messy offseason diminshed your excitement for the 2020 baseball season?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
These past few months in baseball have felt like the most destructive offseason for a sport that did not involve a strike/lockout/work stoppage.

It's been basically nothing but negativity for baseball since the WS ended- the Astros controversy is obvious, but it's not just that.

The highly unpopular/lopsided Mookie Betts trade, Rob Manfred's insane postseason idea, a lot of cheap teams not doing a lot of offseason signings, a lot of minor league clubs losing MLB affiliation.

Teams potentially dangling young superstars (Kris Bryant, Nolan Arenado) rather than sticking with them even though they are a year away from free agency.

It just feels like this negativity has created such a cloud over the sport.

Does this overwhelming amount of bad publicity make you less excited for the upcoming season or are you still optimistic about the grand old game as we head into a new decade?

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Jeff Bridich diminished my excitement for the 2020 baseball season.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I'm still looking forward to going to baseball games but I think the league is a complete joke for letting the Asterisks keep their championship. Going to do my best to avoid giving money directly to MLB.

Reactions: hockey20000

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I think I’m excited for the Giants bad season because I feel like this is the first full year with Zahidi at the Helm and I want Kapler to prove the naysayers wrong.

In terms of the overall league, I’m debating if I want MLB.TV this year. I don’t need it because I live in the Giants market but maybe that’s where I say because of the mishandling of the Astros scandal, that’s what I will give up. I will miss watching the out of market games, like the Marlins (yes it’s weird, yes I don’t know why I watch the Marlins, but I do like the uniforms, kinda).

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I'm wondering how the new pitching change rule will work out and what strategies will develop from it. What is the value of certain relievers that were really only used to deal with one guy?

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I’m so so on the season. Jays should be better than last season but doubt they’re ready to make playoffs.

Along with the scandal I’m just meh on the start. But once summer hits I’m sure I’ll be full baseball again.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
And force teams to trade their homegrown stars once they're up for a big contract like the Blackhawks were forced to do? No thanks.
What stars have the Blackhawks traded? They made the dumb decision to sign joke players.

The penguins, capitals, kings, oilers have all kept their stars....?

I think you're living in a fantasyland of bitterness. You got three cups and your core got old. It happens

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
As a White Sox fan I am excited for new year and beyond

As baseball fan my love of game is diminished by the prospect of joke playoff format , terrible minor league reorganization and the Astros getting away with disgracing game

Reactions: ViktorBaeArvidsson

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I guess I'm excited for Jomboy's eventual breakdown of the beanball fest headed for Houston.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Even with the Astros thing included, the thing that irritates me and wrecks my mood for the game more than anything are the teams adding the protective netting. The Jays are putting the netting up on almost all of the 1st and 3rd base lines. The people with their phone in their nose win...................the rest of us who have watched a baseball game since 1900 and know the risks and actually hope to catch a foul ball lose. Thanks MLB.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm excited to see the Jays young core take some steps forward (hopefully big ones) and to cheer against all things Astro's. It was an unfortunate off season, I don't thinl things were handled well in the slightest. That being said the story of the 2020 Astros is going to be one I'm glued to. I''m kind of excited to cheer against them every time they play!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad