Has the Leafs rebuild failed?

Has the Leafs rebuild failed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Of course, not. We have a young, super fast, exciting team with lots of hope for the future and a general manager capable of addressing problems.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Yeah, just like Pittsburgh and Washington couldn't win again after their top players came off their ELC.

The difference is literally just that one extra player signed to an elite-tier contract. I think it will be rather rough with three guys in the 11M+ range.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
How did the playoffs go for the Oilers the last few years. How many playoff points did McDavid score.
None of that is relevant to your hot takes of "Andersen sucks" and "Matthews>McDavid". I'd figure you'd just take the loss and accept you've been wrong numerous times on that argument, but here we are deflecting again towards team success in a team sport.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I voted No.

Just incomplete.
They have drafted and made the splash at Forward.
They acquired their goalie.
They haven't done anything drastic with the defense yet.... Their D has undergone the slow marinate of building from within... They tried with a Muzzin addition this TDL... but they need to address the right side and perhaps upgrade with higher quality depth on their young guys that aren't quite SC contender-level Dmen.

They aren't screwed with the cap yet... so the build continues..

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
How do you say the Leafs rebuild failed when they have some of the best players in the league and a great core...whats the sample size here...4 years? I mean, if you want to talk about failed rebuilds then bring up teams that perpetually draft in the lottery every year and have sucked for 10 years plus...like buffalo, edmonton, arizona, florida, etc...those are failed rebuilds...

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
We have Bracco, Sandin, Lilijegren coming up as legit top 4D and top 6W prospects under an ELC for next 3 yrs lol, we're more than fine. We have SDA + others as well.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Mar 26, 2010
None of that is relevant to your hot takes of "Andersen sucks" and "Matthews>McDavid". I'd figure you'd just take the loss and accept you've been wrong numerous times on that argument, but here we are deflecting again towards team success in a team sport.
No one even brought up McDavid. You are just trying to add salt on the Leafs playoff series. When the Oilers make the playoffs then come back and throw stones.

I said Boston was the better team in the series. Leafs were not good enough. Accepted. Don’t need you adding fuel to the fire.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
incredulous.gif

.... no

They were the worst team in the league 3 years ago, they have now made the playoffs 3 consecutive years for the first time in the lockout era. A lot of people don't understand that the rebuild was supposed to be longer, but adding Matthews accelerated it and helped it end sooner, signing Tavares put it into overdrive. Cap issues aside they have a really young core and will be great for years to come.

When Shanahan lauched the Shanaplan and went scorched earth in 2015, they weren't expecting to be a playoff team until 2017/2018. However Marner was better than they thought, Matthews came as advertised and all their young guys clicked. Then Tavares did what no elite player from Toronto has ever done - signed w/ the team. They didn't exactly plan on him becoming a free agent and wanting to sign with them, especially after Stamkos.

Reactions: GlitchMarner

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
You fail a rebuild when you can't draft or develop properly and don't show any real improvement. This team has done all 3 of those things so definitely not. They have the roster put together that will be competing in the East for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad