Has Pierre McGuire been neutered?

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
It's a distict possibility.

Not one WHAMMO!, minimal BIG BODY PRESENCE or ACTIVE STICK, and not a MONSTER in sight. And don't even get me started on GAP CONTROL...

Instead, he's throwing the word SPECIAL around more than a stoned kindergarten teacher.

"Gord, this is a special player"

"Folks, that play was something special"

Where's the fire? Where's the hyperbole? When the left wing lock is properly executed, and I want to be damn well informed about it in the loudest, most abrasive manner possible.

Anyone remember last year when Kris Russel "went into that corner a boy, and came out a man"?

That's his A material. It's not every day you hear about a boy being deflowered on national television. That's the kind of thing that makes me sit up and say "Hell yeah I'm watching hockey!".

Could it be that Pierre is mellowing on us? Perhaps a certain Calgary defenceman's ascent to the NHL has sapped his love for the junior game?

Or perhaps (and this is just my personal theory), Pierre McGuire is now a eunuch.

thoughts?

Last edited:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
He looks like Mr. Peanut, who is categorically male :teach:

By golly he does:biglaugh:

McGuire_Pierre133x200.jpg

mrpnut15b.jpg

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
That's his A material. It's not every day you hear about a boy being deflowered on national television. That's the kind of thing that makes me sit up and say "Hell yeah I'm watching hockey!".

Agreed. He needs to go back to his bread and butter. He should not only resort to his regular hyperbole, but, they should also let him have full control over the graphics department, so that TSN can use the 60's style Batman graphics anytime there's a big hit:

serie_pow.jpg

serie_thwack.jpg

serie_whamm.jpg

serie_kapow.jpg

serie_bonk.jpg

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
Anyone remember last year when Kris Russel "went into that corner a boy, and came out a man"?

Holy **** did he actually say that? That is amazing haha. Please tell me theres a clip somewhere that some one can post on this board...

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
He is just teasing us right now, all the old standbys will come soon enough. The love fest with Steve Downie has already started. How many times did he tell us something "special" about Steve yesterday?

bayrider

Jun 4, 2006
Montreal
Maybe after all his wrong predictions about the Habs, especially Huet, he's realized it's better to call players special than to make any real in depth analysis of them and risk being wrong.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Or whenever he does a game where Radek Bonk does something stupid, we can use this when he inflicts pain upon his ego. Thus making a statement where he rambles until he exclaims "RADEK BONK" and then we don't have to listen to the rest.

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
My favorite Pierre McGuire moment came when Gord Miller mentioned the score in a Phoenix Suns playoff game. This prompted a wild "STEVE NASH" from Pierre. All I could think of was McGuire pumping both his fists ala "STEVE HOLT" from Arrested Development.

But that boy-to-man comment is pretty damn close.

mvprimate

Dec 16, 2005
After watching the Canada US game, according to him there are at least 20 players from that game who are going to be extremely special players in the nhl for a very long time.

What a joke he is.

MacDaddy TLC*

On the first telecast of a Black Hawks game on TSN this season, he called Duncan Keith "special". I think sometimes he uses it with different meanings.

Pierre, who I think is the best in the business, does come across being manic sometimes. He has a lot of highs and lows. Sometimes he talks in a very quiet monotone way and it is a little frightening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad