Has McDavid seemed off the last few weeks?

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
McDavid, when off, still produces but he hasnt seemed himself for a bit. I am alone in this observation? What could be wrong? It could just be a slump or maybe health related. I hope hes not losing passion playing here.

Last edited:

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Meh. They said the same thing at this time last year when he wasn’t productive. Bugs and such
Maybe it’s true. Maybe he has another debilitating flu at the roughly exact same time.

Maybe, just maybe, dude takes it easy sometimes.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
IMO the McDrai line outside of 1 dominant game haven't been at their best and neither was the McNuge line the last number of games they were together. Maybe we just expect too much out of him sometimes?

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
IMO the McDrai line outside of 1 dominant game haven't been at their best and neither was the McNuge line the last number of games they were together. Maybe we just expect too much out of him sometimes?
Could be. Especially when there are a lot of players around the league racking up points right now. McDavid is fairly consistent in his point production over the year.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
McDavid, when off, still produces but he hasnt seemed himself for a bit. I am alone in this observation? What could be wrong? It could just be a slump or maybe health related. I hope hes not losing passion playing here.

Saving his energy and maintaining his health for the playoffs, Crosby does the same thing.

the mcdavid era

Jul 10, 2017
He's a beast. McDavid is conserving energy imo. He's due for a hot streak. You know it's coming. But I think McDavid really values playing 82 games every year. So he takes it easy for short stretches. It probably reduces his chances of burning out.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
It's because he asked for a trade to Toronto :sarcasm: ew jk sorry...damn, I just cringed at my own post, but I'm going to post it anyway. Sorry.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I think the whole team is adjusting to their new systems brought in by Hitchcock. It will take time and I think Connor will bounce back.

The real issue is the rest of the team outside of McDavid, Drai, RNH, Chiasson and Koskinen. Oilers badly need production elsewhere too.

Reactions: thadd

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Seems like every November he kind of sucks. By his standards anyway.
Kinda sux? Really?
As if he wasn't the best and most dangerous player on the ice these past few games.
Name another player who created more chances than him 5on5?
Maybe double shifting is taking some toll but the guy is giving it all he can at both ends of the ice.
People expecting a 4 pt night every game need to chill.

Reactions: TB12 and Sask97

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
He's a beast. McDavid is conserving energy imo. He's due for a hot streak. You know it's coming. But I think McDavid really values playing 82 games every year. So he takes it easy for short stretches. It probably reduces his chances of burning out.
Maybe he shouldn't be played 24 minutes per game?

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Oh man, I have a feeling he has that flu again, last year it lasted a month or more. He’ll power through the adversity like he always does.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

And potential injuries too. Last thing he needs or the team is him getting injured because of some accident due to his speed. He usually pumps it up with 30+ games left. Not too worried.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Kinda sux? Really?
As if he wasn't the best and most dangerous player on the ice these past few games.
Name another player who created more chances than him 5on5?
Maybe double shifting is taking some toll but the guy is giving it all he can at both ends of the ice.
People expecting a 4 pt night every game need to chill.

Agreed, his back check has been fantastic, he's had a few posts, his line mates haven't converted as much, and he has had two or three opposing players draped all over him on and off camera. The interference and obstruction being run on McDavid that is being let go is concerning. If the refs continue to allow his speed to be inhibited by illegal play, it really neuters him.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I really do not think he is sick or something. While his stats may have dropped off a little this month, his play sure has not. He is getting extremely unlucky and the things players have gotten away with on him are just ridiculous. (This month especially because there were a lot of California games.)

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
2UUS2X1.png

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
McDavid goes through slumps just like everyone else, it's just that his slumps he's still basically a PPG player.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
He hasn’t even had a big game yet so you know he’s due for a few this season. Even being slightly off he’s still a PPG+ player and in the mix for the scoring lead. Once he gets hot the race is over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad