Speculation: Has MacT made any comments since getting canned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
Still, don't get this..................???

I agree he probably didn't need the money. But he wanted it, he wanted the money and more importantly he wanted the power.

Yes the EIG appointed him GM, but had Katz not taken over, his days were surely numbered. Lowe hung on to his fiefdom, because of greed, because he wanted the power, because he was arrogant. No he did not dig his fingernails in for fear of penury; he was drunk with desire and didn't give a rats arse if he was incompetent or not. As evidence, he randomly tossed employees under the bus as if the teams woes were the fault of the trainers or some distant scout. It's pitiful that he is still with the organization and shows exactly what type of man he is.

Please Oilers, never retire this guys jersey, it would be a true dishonour to those that truly deserve such respect.

Still don't get this hate for KLowe, yea I get that the past nine years the team has been lousy but if all you haters are blaming 100% on Lowe than he should get 100% of the credit for getting this year's number one pick (i.e., Connor McDavid).

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
Still don't get this hate for KLowe, yea I get that the past nine years the team has been lousy but if all you haters are blaming 100% on Lowe than he should get 100% of the credit for getting this year's number one pick (i.e., Connor McDavid).

We are now supposed to give him credit for a random ball in the lottery? You guys are desperate to find anything to prop up this deflating gas bag.

Last edited:

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
The Lowe hatred is going too far. I don't get it. What does Lowe's playing career have to do what he does as a GM. What's embarrasing is all the crap that Gone keeps spewing on here. Everyone knows that Gone is biggest Lowe hater on the planet. It's embarrasing for the NHL that the Oilers have fans like Gone who's the biggest Lowe hater on the planet.

Last edited:

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton

He deserves credit for winning a lottery? :biglaugh:

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
You're the one who sees it as hatred. My disdain is for his arrogance, just because i rant on the guy doesnt mean i hate him as a person. He still needs to go. Hell, I'd love to buy him a beer and listen to his side of the teams downfall.

When people here try to recreate history, they need to be shown the light, that is all.

Embarrassing is how the team control's the media in this town, the rah-rah fans, and those who recreate the past.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Nobody said he was a lousy player. He was a good player not great. Great players get their numbers retired.

Journeyman->Average->Good, all in the matter of a few hours. Give you another half day and you'll be spit shining the mans shoes. Glad to see you're coming around old boy.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Does anyone know what that video really is?

He tells a story about how he's a terrible worker and losing a bunch of a restaurants dishes in the sea. It's actually not that unlike Kevin Lowe's story as POHO when you think about it :nod:

Only difference is this guy's boss didn't take almost a decade to hold him accountable for being dumb hehe.

Last edited:

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
It's always bizarre to me to see people sticking up for Lowe.

Stockholm syndrome :laugh:

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
What he did in management shouldn't interfere with what he did as a player but sadly Oilers fans would have a hissy fit if his number was ever retired. Heck certain Oilers fans would even be upset if he made the HHOF as a players. That's how much Lowe hatred there is amongst Oilers fans.

How many posts does it take for you to say the same thing over and over?

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Nobody said he was a lousy player. He was a good player not great. Great players get their numbers retired.

Great coaches/GMs should get a retirement banner as well.

SATHER
---#1---

Right next to the retired numbers in the rafters. The legend of Slats. We could all chip in to fly Narnia to the ceremony and meet Slats. Hopefully Lowe is gone by then.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com

SATHER
---#1---

Right next to the retired numbers in the rafters. The legend of Slats. We could all chip in to fly Narnia to the ceremony and meet Slats. Hopefully Lowe is gone by then.
Hopefully certain fans are gone by then as well. Especially those idiots that had Fire Lowe on the back of his jersey on Messier Retirement night or the guy that parked illegally in front of the Oilers office with a trailer saying "Fire Lowe" and then blaming Lowe when police told him it was parked illegally and he had to move it. Those two were tools.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com

SATHER
---#1---

Sather is the worst thing that happened to the Oilers. After Slats resigned someone mentioned that it won't matter who GM of the Oilers would be, that person would be criticized for every move because he replaced Slats. That's exactly what happened.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Hopefully certain fans are gone by then as well. Especially those idiots that had Fire Lowe on the back of his jersey on Messier Retirement night or the guy that parked illegally in front of the Oilers office with a trailer saying "Fire Lowe" and then blaming Lowe when police told him it was parked illegally and he had to move it. Those two were tools.

Wasn't Messier Retirement Night the same day that Lowe traded Smyth away for magic beans? You're right, those two men were very useful implements.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
Wasn't Messier Retirement Night the same day that Lowe traded Smyth away for magic beans? You're right, those two men were very useful implements.
I also recall certain fans calling Lowe a coward because he didn't attend the game. Lowe didn't attend the game because he knew fans would attack him. Every trade the Oilers have made since Slats left has been criticized by certain fans.

BTW, Lowe and Messier spent time together after the ceremony. Lowe was right not to attend the ceremony because of the attitude certain fans have towards Lowe.

According to TSN, the changes to management were made because of certain Oilers fans.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
Who the hell retires Messier's number on Fire Lowe Night?
There was no need to have a Fire Lowe Night. It's just certain Oilers fans being childish. The Messier night was planned way before that. Certain Oilers fans like to act childish and their hatred towards Lowe is going too far. There's more I know but I won't post it as it unacceptable to post.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
Yes it was, and Lowe was nowhere to be seen. iirc MacTavish had to host the ceremony. :laugh:
Lowe had every right not to attend. Did you hear all the Lowe bashing when he traded Smyth. It was unacceptable and for that reason Lowe didn't attend and rightfully so. Who knows, maybe someone would have even threatened him he had attended. He didn't attend for his safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad